Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Adding Tracks to Existing Playlists (Read 5375 times) previous topic - next topic

Adding Tracks to Existing Playlists

I know I'm missing something obvious, but I've searched this forum and Google, and I've had no luck.  I'm new to Foobar, and what I'm trying to do is add some new tracks to an existing playlist.  I was able to create and save a couple playlists last week in Foobar, and now I want to add a few more tracks to one of them.  But I can not find the option to do so.  When I right-click and choose a track in my Music Library, instead of sending the track to the current playlist, it creates a *filter* and gets rid of my original playlist.  So what am I missing?  This should be simple, I think, and I'm sure I'm missing something.  I have a few skins and components installed, but I don't know if that makes a difference.

If there is a FAQ or some other documantation that adresses this, please let em know, as I was not able to find it.

Thanks,
Chris

Reply #1
Right click > Add to current playlist.

Reply #2
Open the preferences and go to the Media Library page. Uncheck the Enabled option in the Library Viewer Selection Playlist part.

Reply #3
Right click > Add to current playlist.

I only have options for "add to playlist" or "send to playlist.  I am able to use Add to Playlist successfully, as long as I'm not trying to add the track to an already established playlist.

I have a playlist called DVD-A.  I select the playlist, and all of the tracks show up, I can play them, etc.  Then I click on Music Library, select a track or album, right-click, and select Add to Playlist.  When I bring up the playlist, only the new tracks are listed; the original playlist goes away.

Reply #4
Maybe its because its an autoplaylist?

Reply #5
When I right-click and choose a track in my Music Library, (...). I have a few skins and components installed, but I don't know if that makes a difference.

Then I click on Music Library, select a track or album, right-click, and select Add to Playlist.

foobar2000 does not have anything to click on called "Music Library" by default. Maybe you should post a screenshot, but I suspect you are using some random configuration for the no longer developed Panels UI, in which case you should complain to the respective author. We cannot help you with such problems in the general forum.

Reply #6
The *FILTER* playlist is generated by the library filter of PanelsUI. To get what you want, you need to install the foo_utils plugin which provides additional context menu commands. If they are not shown in the context menu of your library filter, you have to configure them to be shown under Preferences -> Context Menu