Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_upnp (Read 1635328 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_upnp

Reply #2150
Hi, UPnP beginner here asking for some help :)
Goal : stream my foobar library over the internet to my Android phone
Current steps :
  • Installed foo_upnp and restarted foobar
  • Activated "Allow internet access" on foobar prefs > UPnP, with all relevant info
  • Configured port forwarding on my LAN router for the TCP port used by foo_upnp
  • Installed BubbleUPnP on my Android phone
What must I do on BubbleUPnP (or any other equivalent app) for this to work ?
On BubbleUPnP prefs > Cloud, I see a number of services (Qobuz, TIDAL, etc.), but nothing that'd allow me to connect to my foo_upnp server.
Thank you.

Reply #2151
Tracks with multiple artists in the Media Library Tree?

In the Media Library Tree, I'd like to split up the %artist% or %album artist% tag if it contains multiple values. In foo_upnp_ml_tree.xml, I'm using the following code to try and achieve this:

Code: [Select]
	<SubTree label="Artists" query="muco PRESENT">
<spec type="object.container.genre.musicGenre">%&lt;genre&gt;%</spec>
<spec type="object.container.person.musicArtist">%&lt;album artist&gt;%</spec>
<spec type="object.container.album.musicAlbum">%album%</spec>
</SubTree>

%muco% is a custom tag that I use.
%&lt;genre&gt;% works fine for splitting up the %genre% tag, but at the moment I'm only using single word genre names.
%&lt;album artist&gt;% is giving me problems. It works, but it sees not only semicolons but also regular commas as a delimiter. So if I have an album with Davis, Miles; Coltrane, John as artist value, it gets split up like this:

Coltrane
   Davis
   John
   Miles

Does somebody know how I can make the tree treat only the semicolon as a delimiter?

Reply #2152
Good afternoon,
  I'm working on a tvOS uPnP client since there doesn't seem to be a client that does:

tvOS support
proper gapless playback
multichannel support

So far, I've gotten the bulk of the work done, but there are two issues I can't seem to find documentation about:

Splitting multiple instances of the same album (and splitting SACD tracks from the same ISO)
I have two copies of Genesis - Abacab (as well as multiples of other albums). One is from my old CD, and the other is an SACD rip. The SACD rip has both 6-ch and 2-ch versions from the same ISO. So what I get from FB2K is the following in the <item> tag:

[Track 1, 2ch, old CD]
[Track 2, 2ch, old CD]
[Track 3, 2ch, old CD]
etc..
[Track 1, 6ch, SACD]
[Track 1, 2ch, SACD]
[Track 2, 6ch, SACD]
[Track 2, 2ch, SACD]
etc..

There are two problems here - FB2k doesn't identify the difference between the two versions of the physical discs in any way. The two discs are obviously different files, so why can't FB2k give some kind of unique ID to the albums in a tag? I can use the ID from the URL, but a proper tag would be cleaner, and is there a guarantee that the ID would actually be unique?

http://192.168.1.2:56923/content/f4557594d62b188b25172817843101aa.wav?profile_id=0&amp;convert=wav&amp;subsong=9

Also, I can't find a preference in the app or plugin setting to split the SACD tracks by channel number. I can do that in code (and already have), but I would think this could be done by the server.

In the end, I could force a split using a title change like "Abacab (CD)" and "Abacab (SACD)".

Why are there three <res> tags for each track?
This is another thing I can't find docs for.

This is what I get for Track 1 of the SACD of "Abacab"

<res duration="0:06:57.000" size="1238387756" bitrate="33868800" bitsPerSample="16"
                            sampleFrequency="2822400" nrAudioChannels="6" protocolInfo="http-get:*:audio/wav:*">
                            http://192.168.1.2:56923/content/f4557594d62b188b25172817843101aa.wav?profile_id=0&amp;convert=wav&amp;subsong=9
                        </res>
                        <res duration="0:06:57.000" size="73558844" bitrate="176400" bitsPerSample="16"
                            sampleFrequency="44100" nrAudioChannels="2" protocolInfo="http-get:*:audio/wav:*">
                            http://192.168.1.2:56923/content/f4557594d62b188b25172817843101aa.wav?profile_id=1000&amp;convert=wav&amp;samplerate=44100&amp;subsong=9
                        </res>
                        <res duration="0:06:57.000" size="73558800" bitrate="176400" bitsPerSample="16"
                            sampleFrequency="44100" nrAudioChannels="2"
                            protocolInfo="http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=44100;channels=2:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM">
                            http://192.168.1.2:56923/content/f4557594d62b188b25172817843101aa.l16?profile_id=1001&amp;convert=lpcm&amp;samplerate=44100&amp;subsong=9
                        </res>

Is there some reason there needs to be three versions of this track? I get that the second one is more of a 44k downsample, but I don't understand the reason for the third one. Both the FB2K iPhone app and VLC seem to ignore the second and third <res> tags.

Reply #2153
Hi,
Does anyone know how to add album art (CD Cover) in the file Folders view?

<SubTree label="Folders" type="filesystem" />

Reply #2154
Hello,
I the foo_upnp_ml_tree.xml file there is the Sub Tree "Years". Does anyone how to make it display in descending order? I'm using the Bubble android app and would like the latest music (2020) at the top instead of scrolling down 50 years or so to reach the latest music.

<SubTree label="Years">
<spec>$left(%date%,4)</spec>
<spec type="object.container.album.musicAlbum">[%album artist% - ]%album%</spec>
</SubTree>

Reply #2155
Hello,
is there a way to view the upnp server status (started/stopped) in the status bar or elsewhere in the fb2k GUI? Thanks!

Reply #2156
foo_upnp problem: UPnP Media Server could not be started. Port 56923 might be in use by another application

foobar2000 (v1.1.15) / foo_upnp (v0.99.40)  is started on my computer automatically at boot time.

However, I frequently get the message "UPnP Media Server could not be started. Port 56923 might be in use by another application", which prevents the server from starting.

The interesting thing is, that it's foobar2000/foo_upnp itself that is occupying this port! If I do a "netstat -anob", I get the following:

###
  TCP    0.0.0.0:56923          0.0.0.0:0              ABHOEREN         3268
 [foobar2000.exe]
###

I assume that it's the foo_upnp server that is occupying this port, because: Which other component of foobar2000 should be doing this instead?

A simple shutdown and restart of foobar2000/foo_upnp usually fixes this kind of situation.

If it's foobar2000/foo_upnp itself that is blocking that port, then foobar2000/foo_upnp should somehow be able to solve this problem without the need of user interaction.

What do you think?

Thank you very much for this great software!

Kind regards,
Johannes

I have the same problem. I have added foobar2000.exe to my start-up folder, and when Windows starts I get 56923 port might be in use, and foobar2000 media server is not available on my phone until I restart foobar2000 in Windows.

The only other process according to netstat, using this port is javaw.exe which BubbleUPnP needs.

Reply #2157
I have the same problem. I have added foobar2000.exe to my start-up folder, and when Windows starts I get 56923 port might be in use, and foobar2000 media server is not available on my phone until I restart foobar2000 in Windows.

The only other process according to netstat, using this port is javaw.exe which BubbleUPnP needs.

I solved it by removing the shortcut to foobar2000.exe in the start-up folder, and made a scheduled task til task scheduler instead. Run foobar2000.exe at login with 30 seconds delay, now foobar2000 starts after BubbleUPnP and there is no error message port 56923 in use, just a normal start and foobar2000 media server works in BubbleUPnP.

Reply #2158
Hi everyone

Ive been using foo_upnp to upload to my iphone for probably 4 years without a single issue but suddenly it has stopped detecting the server. Apart from restarting the server (to no avail) I really don't know where to begin... Could one of you good people give me an idea on where I should start?

Thank you!

Reply #2159
I understand this plug-in is more or less abandoned at this point, but just asking - I've been unable to get this to work with our iphones, despite the same URL opening on computers around the house and so on using the external ip address. I get all the way to the stream loading interface in Safari, and then it instantly goes to a play icon with a line through it. If I change the extension to wav it appears to be willing to play, but just spins and no audio ever streams. I'm trying to stream the now-playing content from Foobar2k.

Also, when the stream loads on computers, I am not getting any metadata - ideally I'd get artist and title passed via the stream, is this possible with this plug-in?

Reply #2160
Hi everyone

Ive been using foo_upnp to upload to my iphone for probably 4 years without a single issue but suddenly it has stopped detecting the server. Apart from restarting the server (to no avail) I really don't know where to begin... Could one of you good people give me an idea on where I should start?

Thank you!

I just had the same issue on Android, I changed the port number in the server settings (56923 by default, I modified randomly by 56920), and it works again...

Reply #2161
On my server I'm using bubbleupnp server (for OpenHome) on OSX with the Asset UPnP DLNA server.  I'm using the foo_upnp renderer in foobar on Windows.  Everything is working to bitstream dsd (.dsf files) fine.  One issue is that I cannot seek/scrub .dsf files in any controller including linn kazoo, mconnect, lumin...etc.  It restarts the track at the beginning.

FLAC works fine. 

Is this a known bug?

Reply #2162
I realize support for this plug-in is non-existent now but I'm wondering if anybody has the answer to this one...I'm using the Logitech Media Server UPnP/DLNA bridge to connect it to Foobar2k using foo_upnp, and it works flawlessly to crossfade until I get a short track less than 10 seconds or so, and it won't crossfade. The log on the LMS side normally shows gapless but with a very short length it returns "gapped" instead, which I presume is triggered by foo_upnp. Is there some buffer setting that might cause this behavior? The same tracks played directly in Foobar2k work perfectly, so it definitely seems to be a bridge issue.

Reply #2163
Hello,
I am running FB 1.6.7 and I am trying to install this plug-in, but FB reports unexpected error (see attachment) and the component is not current (2015 dated).

Do you know of any alternative?

I just need a solution to stream audio from another PC to my Foobar PC input (so to have Foobar playing that stream).

Thanks and regards
Andrea

Reply #2164
Has anyone successfully connect to Huawei Sound (in partnership with Devialet)?
The speaker is detected as DLNA in Windows and in the foo_upnp component, but the attempt to play ends up with an error message "Unrecoverable playback error: Device does not appear to support this audio stream format."
In the console:
Opening track for playback: "http://stream.radioparadise.com/flac"
[UPnP] Opening device:
[UPnP] manufacturer=Huawei
[UPnP] model=HuaweiModeName
[UPnP] name=HUAWEI Sound-2158
[UPnP] Stream format: 24-bit 44100Hz 2ch
[UPnP] Device protocol info:
[UPnP] http-get:*:audio/mpeg:*, http-get:*:audio/flac:*, http-get:*:audio/aac:*,http-get:*:audio/ogg:*, http-get:*:audio/wav:*, http-get:*:audio/basic:*
Unrecoverable playback error: Device does not appear to support this audio stream format
[UPnP] Detached transport op failure: Action Failed
[UPnP] == LAST REPLY XML ==
[UPnP] <s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" s:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
<s:Body>
<s:Fault>
<faultcode>s:Client</faultcode>
<faultstring>UPnPError</faultstring>
<detail>
<UPnPError xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:control-1-0">
<errorCode>501</errorCode>
<errorDescription>Action Failed</errorDescription>
</UPnPError>
</detail>
</s:Fault>
</s:Body>
</s:Envelope>
[UPnP] == XML END ==

Reply #2165
Is this component still active? I'm having weird random client crashes. When I tried to investigate I noticed something very strange, as soon as I start the UPnP server it is flooded with requests like such:

foo_upnp: 2118.2118534: FbMediaServer::CheckAuthentication(401)/1652: INFO: received WAN request: http://192.168.1.3:60010/DeviceDescription.xml (User-Agent: Unspecified, UPnP/1.0, SoftAtHome)
foo_upnp: Denied WAN request (ip: <redacted>, User Agent: Unspecified, UPnP/1.0, SoftAtHome)

I have no idea where those are coming from. 192.168.1.3 is actually localhost in this case, and the WAN IP is the remote IP of the server so… the server seems to be sending request to itself. Dozens per seconds, too. What the hell does that mean? I've already checked every machine on my LAN, actually only had the server running to make sure a client wasn't doing this but no. I have no idea what SoftAtHome even is.

Reply #2166
Is this component still active? I'm having weird random client crashes. When I tried to investigate I noticed something very strange, as soon as I start the UPnP server it is flooded with requests like such:

foo_upnp: 2118.2118534: FbMediaServer::CheckAuthentication(401)/1652: INFO: received WAN request: http://192.168.1.3:60010/DeviceDescription.xml (User-Agent: Unspecified, UPnP/1.0, SoftAtHome)
foo_upnp: Denied WAN request (ip: <redacted>, User Agent: Unspecified, UPnP/1.0, SoftAtHome)

I have no idea where those are coming from. 192.168.1.3 is actually localhost in this case, and the WAN IP is the remote IP of the server so… the server seems to be sending request to itself. Dozens per seconds, too. What the hell does that mean? I've already checked every machine on my LAN, actually only had the server running to make sure a client wasn't doing this but no. I have no idea what SoftAtHome even is.

I don't why but it seems this plugin is causing the issue itself. Connections keeps trying to establish themselves on every single remote port

TCP    0.0.0.0:8899           0.0.0.0:0              LISTENING
TCP    192.168.1.3:8899       XX.XX.XX.XXX:50044    TIME_WAIT
TCP    192.168.1.3:8899       XX.XX.XX.XXX:50046    TIME_WAIT
TCP    192.168.1.3:8899       XX.XX.XX.XXX:50048    TIME_WAIT
TCP    192.168.1.3:8899       XX.XX.XX.XXX:50049    TIME_WAIT
TCP    192.168.1.3:8899       XX.XX.XX.XXX:50050    TIME_WAIT
TCP    192.168.1.3:8899       XX.XX.XX.XXX:50051    TIME_WAIT
TCP    192.168.1.3:8899       XX.XX.XX.XXX:50052    TIME_WAIT
TCP    192.168.1.3:8899       XX.XX.XX.XXX:50053    TIME_WAIT
TCP    192.168.1.3:8899       XX.XX.XX.XXX:50054    TIME_WAIT
TCP    192.168.1.3:8899       XX.XX.XX.XXX:50055    TIME_WAIT
TCP    192.168.1.3:8899       XX.XX.XX.XXX:50056    TIME_WAIT

Port 8899 is the one reserved for the UPnP server (I tried switching from 60010). It's open in the firewall with a TCP 8899 local from any remote. The redacted IP is the external IP of the server. And it goes on and on, and every time I'm seeing the Denied WAN request from above for each of those ports. No idea why this is happening or why it's only happening to me.

Would anyone have an idea of a plugin that can do what foo_upnp but up to date?

Options for filesystem in media library tree?

Reply #2167
Is it possible to configure how the file system contents are presented?
	<SubTree label="Folders" type="filesystem"/>
I have every album in a folder, and the client sorts the tracks by title.
I would like to sort by track number.
I thought sorting by filename would work, since the filenames begin with the track number, but it does not work.

Reply #2168
Hi everyone,

I've been using this component since ages and now my concern is about recompiling it to support 64-bit fb2k_v2. The last version of the component comes from January 2015. Is it possible?

If this wouldn't be possible, could you please recommend any more recent replacement for it?

Otherwise I will not go for the 64-bit version of fb2k_v2, hoping that 32-bit version will still support such old components... But for how long?...

Reply #2169
Otherwise I will not go for the 64-bit version of fb2k_v2, hoping that 32-bit version will still support such old components... But for how long?...
There is no compulsion to update.  I never update software unless there is a good reason, the expression is "if it ain't broke don't fix it".  I have things doing (mostly) what I need them to do in FB2K 1.6.11, so that's good enough for me (although I might test 1.6.12).

One beauty of FB2K is the ability to install it "portable", and in fact as many separate portable installations as you like.  That means it is easy to try out a new version without disturbing the working installation.
It's your privilege to disagree, but that doesn't make you right and me wrong.

Reply #2170
There is no compulsion to update.  I never update software unless there is a good reason
Believe me, there is a reason for me. I run fb2k under wine and I'd love to have it 64-bit in order to not to cope with missing different 32-bit libraries in my 64-bit Linux installation. Clean is simply simpler...

Reply #2171
I'd like to move to foobar2000 v2 too but can't leave v1 behind completely without this.

Reply #2172
Nice to have this component  ported 64-bits.

Reply #2173
Yes, please provide a 64 bit version of this plugin. And if the plugin isn't maintained anymore by the owner it would be great to provide access to the sources so that others can take over maintenance.

Reply #2174
Really need 64 bit version for v2!
Can't leave v1 for media server......