Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [fb2k v2] Playlist Attributes (foo_playlist_attributes) (Read 184371 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_playlist_attributes

Reply #275
A constructive and possibly helpful comment. Do go on.
No, thanks. Already gave u one way of doing it, done with this. Hope others help you :)

Re: [fb2k v2] Playlist Attributes (foo_playlist_attributes)

Reply #276
New version, see first post.

Reply #277
Hi,
trying both playlist_attributes and random_pools with foobar2000 beta34, 64bit portable.
I don't understand where these plugins save their configurations.
If I copy the .cfg files from an older install in the folder ..\foobar2000\profile\configuration, the files are ignored and then deleted exiting foobar.
Thanks in advance.

Reply #278
Components written exclusively for fb2k 2.0 save their settings in config.sqlite. It's created/used by fb2k itself and any other components that mark themselves as 2.0 only.

edit: I have no idea about preservation of settings from previous versions.

Reply #279
If I copy the .cfg files from an older install in the folder ..\foobar2000\profile\configuration, the files are ignored and then deleted exiting foobar.
Actually, the configurations for the 32bit and 64bit were not interchangeable. This is fixed now with the latest release.

However migrating the old configuration will only work, if you migrate your old 1.6 installation completely to 2.0 64bit as the attributes are attached to the playlists. Only the global attributes are stored in the .cfg file.

Reply #280
Thanks fbuser for the recent updates. The fix for that prevents the last track from repeating when in shuffle mode is most welcome. Great stuff.

Reply #281
Thanks for this crucial component, but something weird happened with it recently in my installation.

While Edit -> Playlist attributes -> Playback order works for what I want - i.e. changing currently playing playlist play order, up until recently I was able to achieve the same with simply selecting order from the "Order" dropdown list on the toolbar.

Currently, whenever I change it, it reverts back to the value assigned for the current playlist on next-or-previous song starting. How to restore this dropdown functionality? I do not even know how it happened, I haven't updated neither foobar nor your component for the last few months and it just broke today.

If it matters, I'm using 32-bit version of foobar, preciesly because at the time of my upgrade to 2.0, your plugin was not available in x64 version. I even tried to roll back to an old 0.5.5 or something version of the plugin, but the set-order-by-dropdown-selection is still lost :(

Reply #282
but the set-order-by-dropdown-selection is still lost
I can only assume that you might have changed your usage pattern a bit. There are different scenarios described in the help file regarding the playback order status. Please, have a look at them and let me know, which one of them you are using, if it is not working as described.

Reply #283
Seems that you were right - not sure when, but it seems that, for this particular playlist, I changed the order from Global to Default in the settings (thus I needed to edit this playlist's settings through EDIT menu). Changing it back allowed me to control order dynamically by toolbar dropdown list, as before (i.e. global order). I need to study the manual further to be more aware of what controls what.
Thanks!

Reply #284
It looks like when "Stop after focused track" is a button, it doesn't show as active like "stop after current" would be.
Think millionaire, but with cannons.

Reply #285
It looks like when "Stop after focused track" is a button, it doesn't show as active like "stop after current" would be.
That's correct. "Stop after focused track" is not a global state. It's valid only in the context of a playlist and is individual for each playlist.

Reply #286
Thanks, I have finally realized that. Do you know if there is any global "Stop After [Specific Track]" component? The ones I know of are "Stop After Current", "Stop After Album", and "Stop After Queue", which to be fair are very useful, but not always what I need.
Think millionaire, but with cannons.

Reply #287
Hi
beautiful component
1)
may somebody expain and tell me what are the templates?
2)
and how can I use them?
at page 10 , there is something about templates and pattern ,but it's not clear
3) and pattern ,how do they work?
I have added Pink F* -> for all playlist with Pink Floyd albums
or *Remastered* for all my albums remasterd
thanks

Reply #288
may somebody expain and tell me what are the templates?
In general, see "Help -> Playlist attributes".

and pattern ,how do they work?
The attributes of a template are applied to a newly created or renamed playlist, if the name of this playlist matches the given pattern.

I have added Pink F* -> for all playlist with Pink Floyd albums
or *Remastered* for all my albums remasterd
As the pattern refers to the playlist name and not to the playlist content, this won't work in this way.

Reply #289
@francesco

The author, fbuser's Components, has detailed help.
It's in the Components folder.

\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000-v2\user-components-x64\foo_playlist_attributes\help\foo_playlist_attributes_help.html
foobar2000\profile\user-components-x64\foo_playlist_attributes\help\foo_playlist_attributes_help.html
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, 水月雨 (MOONDROP) 空鳴 - VOID, Nakamichi Elite FIVE ANC, SONY WH-ULT900N (ULT WEAR) (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself)

Reply #290
@fbuser
@Air KEN
Hi
I have read the help file , and well beautiful
but seen my english it's not my native language about
Pattern: Specify a pattern, which will decide, for which playlists the template will be applied. For the given example, the attributes will be applied to all playlists which begin with 'A' and have at least two characters or which begin with 'Genre_' or 'Artist_'.
1) with pattern , can I specify folder or tags for example "remastered" ?

2) could be possibile that Playlist Attributes  can handle folders names or tags and apply dsp , or it works only with the name of the playlist

thanks

Reply #291
No, as already said, it refers to the playlist name.

2) could be possibile that Playlist Attributes  can handle folders names or tags and apply dsp , or it works only with the name of the playlist
Although this seems to be an interesting idea on the first glance, it would cause a lot of practical problems. So, no the handling of folder names or tags won't be possible.

Reply #292
@fbuser
Hi
well , I'm starting to understand your wonderfull component and another component
sadly english it's not my native language and google translator doesn't help me so much
thank you for the component and the anwer

@Air KEN
Hi
yes , i have found and I'm reading it
thanks

Reply #293
No, as already said, it refers to the playlist name.

Although this seems to be an interesting idea on the first glance, it would cause a lot of practical problems. So, no the handling of folder names or tags won't be possible.
Hi @fbuser
1)
well , for examples , seeing i'm  using album list and facets , they do create a  new playlist with the band name , so in the pattern i could write %artist% or the name of the band , for the example Rush 
or seeing quicksearch create a playlist #Quicksearch [Rush] ,i can create a new pattern with #Quicksearch*
am I right?
for example I have create a playlist name remastered and with dsp settings ,and all the other playlist with global dsp settings
when i double click on mastered an play  -> i  check prefence dsp manager -> and there is the playlist attibutes dsp correcltly
but when i double click on another playlist with the global settings -> the dsp settings are the same of mastered playlist
should the component change the dsp keeping all global settings with empty dsp for all my playlist and change only for mastered and vice versa?

2)
I have notied that the dps doesn't change to my default settings, should add settings for every playlist to switch between different dsp?

3) I have found in past a component that from album list or facets, that could create several custom playlist names
thanks

Reply #294
1)
well , for examples , seeing i'm  using album list and facets , they do create a  new playlist with the band name , so in the pattern i could write %artist% or the name of the band , for the example Rush 
or seeing quicksearch create a playlist #Quicksearch [Rush] ,i can create a new pattern with #Quicksearch*
am I right?
Yes, you're right.

for example I have create a playlist name remastered and with dsp settings ,and all the other playlist with global dsp settings
when i double click on mastered an play  -> i  check prefence dsp manager -> and there is the playlist attibutes dsp correcltly
but when i double click on another playlist with the global settings -> the dsp settings are the same of mastered playlist
should the component change the dsp keeping all global settings with empty dsp for all my playlist and change only for mastered and vice versa?
Yes, it should. It's obviously a bug. I need to check this.

2)
I have notied that the dps doesn't change to my default settings, should add settings for every playlist to switch between different dsp?
No, see above.

Reply #295
I think you have a different understanding of skip than me. But there is no need to discuss it here, because I get no information from the SDK, when the user press "next track". I get only the information, when a track was stopped, because another track is started..

fbuser, is it possible to recreate this skip functionality now? I've also faced this issue, and it's annoying when I can't switch between two playlists running two different pool settings. If this gets fixed, the Bookmark last playback position option becomes even more useful here if the user wants to switch back and forth between two different pools and pick up from where they've left.

[bug-error] GLOBAL DSP chain has been modified and cannot be set empty.

Reply #297
I WANT TO READ VERSION:
Been using this component since at least 3 years. Now the "global DSP" chain sets reverb, eq and other stuff I had set up one time manually from dsp menu in foobar, the problem is that global DSP should be empty of effects as default. Now playlists using the global dsp chain (no dsp's applied) gets this modified global (default) preset.

How can I empty the global dps chain preset for good? I've tried deleting all dsp effects when no playlist was playing from the dsp menu manually and got the same result when changing to a global dsp chain playlist, meaning the global dsp with effects was applied again to those.

I DON'T WANT TO READ VERSION:
I accidentally modified the global preset when a playlist was playing, from the dsp menu in foobar options directly and now that preset has been set as default for all when I don't tell the component to use a particular one. Deleting those effects didn't do the trick. How do I empty the default global dsp preset so it doesn't apply any affects?

Reply #298
Hi,

Thanks for a very useful plugin.

I've run into a small issue where Stop after focused track does not work if I add tracks to the playlist after using it.

Other than that, it's brilliant.

Thanks again.

Reply #299
I've run into a small issue where Stop after focused track does not work if I add tracks to the playlist after using it.
Well, it depends. If you add a track with "Stop after focused track" set before this track the mark is removed, but if you add it after the marked track it should not have any impact.