Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_quicksearch (Read 659387 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #25
I would like to finish the planned developments before porting to 0.9. Thanks to be patient.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #26
another suggestion:
add an option to automatically delete the search field after each search

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #29
Done ! See first post for version 0.5.

Love you

now, please take this just as a question, I don't want to rush you into something or demand it from you... besides your to do list, do you have somewhere in the back of your head, the intention to make this a real panel with the search results appearing in it (in a similar way it is done with foosions dbsearch, only docked on)?

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #30
yes, i too reckon this would probably work best as a complete panel. but maybe that's beyond the scope of this plugin and could be added by someone else if you release the source code later on.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #31
Yes, a result panel is not in my plans at the moment, mainly because I prefer the results in a playlist to benefit from colomn UI formatting.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #32
Glad to see the To Do List is getting smaller and closer to the 0.9 port.

Btw. "Add search button / icon"? Is this really needed? Pressing Enter not easy enough?

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #33
I like it the way it is now. Firefox style 

I no longer need to click around the album list to find what I want. I just type in the artist or genre of music. Thanks Nemo, this plugin rules.

PS. When you port it to 0.9 are you going to maintain the 0.83 version?

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #34
Just curious, termite, why are you using the old version of foobar still? Personally, my biggest gripe with the current version is merely the non-existence of a quicksearch plugin

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #35
I still use 0.8.3. That's the reason I want to finish all improvement and fixes before porting to 0.9, to avoid to manage several versions.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #36
Just curious, termite, why are you using the old version of foobar still? Personally, my biggest gripe with the current version is merely the non-existence of a quicksearch plugin

1. The v0.9.x id3v2.4 tags are not compliant with the other hardware/software I use.
2. Several essential plugins I use have not been ported yet.
3. I dislike how the new columnsui looks because it doesnt use seperators between ui components in its interface. Yes I'm picky like that

----------

I have an idea for this plugin though I'm not sure how practical it would be. An in-line search history like the firefox search bar.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #37
Feature request/Suggestion

I think it would be very useful being able to have a list of different tags presets. I.e.

- people (artist/album artist/performer/composer etc)
- words (album/title/venue etc)
- instruments (instruments/form/work etc)

and everything one can imagine.

It should be avilable on the right click menu or through a drop down box.

Thanks

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #38
1. The v0.9.x id3v2.4 tags are not compliant with the other hardware/software I use.
2. Several essential plugins I use have not been ported yet.

Same reasons here, and the 0.9 UI columns SDK is not yet stabilized.*
I think it would be very useful being able to have a list of different tags presets. ....

Already planned. See first post.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #39
Sorry.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #40
Version 0.6 is out. Check first post for details.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #41
Awesome. I like the way the preferences window is organized.

One question I've been meaning to ask. Why is the search box not flush to it's edge on the left side?

See pic:

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #42
Because we need an area to right click and access the preferences [I know it's not ideal].

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #43
Because we need an area to right click and access the preferences [I know it's not ideal].

You could put the planned search icon there and include the rightclick menu perhaps. Would look better. Custom icon would be preferable. 

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #44
Nice update
Keep up the good work !

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #45
Version 0.7 is out (incl. searches history/recall capability). Check first post for download.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #46
Setting "Limit history size" to 0 entries causes a crash. Otherwise, nice component - looking forward to the .9 version.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #47
It's nice to see the 0.9 version is coming closer and closer every day.
Some idea about "Same search", it could be something like special google commands, e.g. if you'd type same:artist (same:<tag>) it would search for the same tag field as the selected item and samenp: to force same as now playing.
This would allow for a quick way to do what you want, instead of having to right-click>select new mode which should be reserved to rarely modified behaviors.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #48
Setting "Limit history size" to 0 entries causes a crash. Otherwise, nice component - looking forward to the .9 version.

Reproduced and will investigate as a priority. Thanks for reporting.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #49
The crash in V0.7 should be fixed now. Please redownload from first post.