Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Re: foobar2000 v2.0 bugs (Read 1131 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from foobar2000 v2.0 bugs

Re: foobar2000 v2.0 bugs

And I like beta 24 [x64] more in terms of the sound of the low-frequency component than the following ones. For example, in the track T-Square - Midnight Circle (I love this album of theirs from 1991), the saxophone does not sound harsh and does not tire, the bass has a base, the drums have a more pronounced attack. It's cool that you can choose between the audiophile version (beta 27) and analog :)

Re: Re: foobar2000 v2.0 bugs

Reply #1
Greetings from Kyiv!
Сompared the sounds of the beta version 22 [x64] with 21 - my subjective impression is that the new version sounds too clean and emotionless, as if the dynamic range is cut at low frequencies and the sound seems quieter because of this.
Compared on the tracks (flac):
Chromeo - Night by Night
Ketil Bjornstad - Remembrance II.

I have been using the player for almost 17 years - many thanks to the developer for this!
Peter, thanks for the beta 23, the low frequency range is beautiful. I compared it with the two previous versions - 23 sounds great!

And I like beta 24 [x64] more in terms of the sound of the low-frequency component than the following ones. For example, in the track T-Square - Midnight Circle (I love this album of theirs from 1991), the saxophone does not sound harsh and does not tire, the bass has a base, the drums have a more pronounced attack. It's cool that you can choose between the audiophile version (beta 27) and analog :)

You are aware you are fooling yourself here?

Re: foobar2000 v2.0 bugs

Reply #2
You are aware you are fooling yourself here?
It's good that I'm deceiving myself and not someone else. Why such a rude question, did I break any rules?