Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar, iOS, Synology and iTunes (Read 1025 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar, iOS, Synology and iTunes

Hello all !
What a great software :)
I've discovered the Mac version recently and I can finally play my HD audiio files to my AVR without too much trouble. That's a change compared to Synology's Audio Station.
Plus it works flawlessly with ALAC files, that even HEOS doesnt recognise as 24/192 when needed...
So
I've been using mostly iTunes so far for practical reasons. Most of my library is ALAC, stored on a Synology NAS.
When usig the Mac version, I just added the folder to my Foobar library and could play all these perfectly.
I just discovered there was an iOS version also.
I am using Apple Music so the files I have on my phone are downloads from the Apple stiore. Not HD versions of the songs.

So my question is as follows :
Can I use Foobar iOS to play the files (ALAC) that I have on my distant library ?
Could anyone care to explain how I can do that if that's not too much trouble ?
I'd like to use the app just like I do with the HEOS or DS Audio app. Not sure that's possible but it would be terrific...

Thanx for your help !