Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 for mac (Read 109977 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foobar2000 for mac

Reply #200
Beta 12 posted, save panel regression fixed, thanks for reporting.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #202
Beta 12 is NOT open upon macOS10.12 Sierra. Beta 10 is working fine. Thanks for checking.

Reply #203
Sorry, new Xcode doesn't even support 10.12 target anymore, 10.13 is the lowest supported now.
Please stay on beta 10 for now.
I'll make a special end-of-life build for 10.12 later using old Mac + old Xcode.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #204
Thank you so much in advance.
Preferences > Decodings > Drag items to change their precedence. is NOT working on both of Beta12 and 10.
Please check it.

Reply #205
It would be also really nice to have shortcuts for:
  • play/pause (space bar)
  • seek forward 5 seconds (right arrow key)
  • seek backward 5 seconds (left arrow key)

Thanks again and please keep your great work.

Hey. Thanks for your work, I love to use the new version (2.5b).
Are there any chance for this features? It would be great.
Thanks.

Reply #206
Shortcuts are possible, but on macOS they are configurable in the system preferences:

Reply #207
Shortcuts are possible, but on macOS they are configurable in the system preferences:

I tried to configure shortcuts for via system preferences but it didn't reflect on foobar ( stable and beta version). Any other tip that to make shortcuts work on foobar?

Reply #208
What did you try? Some key combinations are reserved for global system functionality. Unfortunately, not all invalid shortcuts are blocked from being created, they just don't work. And of course, the shortcuts you can create only work with macfoo having focus. Global shortcuts aren't possible as far as I know.

Reply #209

I configured shortcuts for Copy  and Paste on system preference. These shortcuts were updated on Foobar>Edit panel> , however in disabled state, in both Foobar stable and beta version.

Only shortcut that works is 'Select All' Foobar Beta version and 'Delete' in both versions.

I'm open for any tips to make this work.

Reply #211

I configured shortcuts for Copy  and Paste on system preference. These shortcuts were updated on Foobar>Edit panel> , however in disabled state, in both Foobar stable and beta version.

Only shortcut that works is 'Select All' Foobar Beta version and 'Delete' in both versions.

You did it correctly. The problem is that copy/paste isn't implemented yet in mac foobar2000. This is why it's greyed out in the menu.

Reply #212
Hello,

I'm also really happy to see the Mac version of Foobar getting some love. I use it on Windows for many years but could never quite find a player which is as good on Mac, so seeing the major leap forward that version 2.5 is was amazing!

My post here is also just to second a request for a keyboard shortcuts section in Foobar's preferences. I'm blind and rely on the VoiceOver screen reader and use the computer exclusively from the keyboard. One of the most important things I need regular access to is keys to adjust Foobar's volume up and down, and currently the only way I can do that is manually navigate to the volume slider in the toolbar and adjust it which can be difficult if any loud audio is drowning out the speech. I can't add shortcuts for this using the Mac OS settings, because while I can get volume commands to show up if I Shift+Click the playback menu like on Windows adding shortcuts for "Up" and "Down" don't work. The same is true for seeking in the file and lastly the Mac OS settings don't accept the spacebar as a valid key for play/pause which I'd love to be able to do like the previous poster.

Down the road it would also be cool to have options for both global and local hotkeys like in Windows, where I had global keys for volume adjustment as well as combinations to change tracks that were easier to press than my keyboards media key combinations, but that can come later.

Finally, one small keyboard-related thing to report, it currently doesn't appear to be possible to start playback of an entry in the album list by pressing enter on it. This works in Windows but currently not on Mac. I can work around it by selecting "send to current playlist" from the context menu, but being able to press enter would be more convenient. :)

Reply #213
Is there any possibility that the macos version will get media conversion like windows version with native apple silicon binaries including codec binaries.

Reply #214
T

You did it correctly. The problem is that copy/paste isn't implemented yet in mac foobar2000. This is why it's greyed out in the menu.

Got it! Thanks for clarification!

Waiting for shortcuts ( Copy, Paste, Play/Puase) on Foobar2000 Mac version. 🙏

Reply #215
Hi Peter, thanks for all you do for making a Mac version of foobar2000!

I recently upgraded to 2.5 beta 18 to see what was different over 2.3. I've run into some weird behavior....it cannot remember the position I last had it opened to.  For example, if I resized the window to see all of the information, and then close the program, when I reopen it, it will reset to a small screen on my main monitor.  Not sure if its a bug, or if its normal, but 2.3 never did that.  It would always remember I had it last opened on my secondary monitor and I didn't have to resize or touch it.  I have an M1 mac mini running Ventura.
foobar2000, FLAC, and qAAC -V90
It just works people!

Reply #216
Hi Peter!

Please add an option to change CoreAuidio's output format on the fly!
I was in love with foobar2000 on PC for decades, but then switched to mac and sadly found out my mac is piece of s without this feature...

Thanks

Reply #217
Noticed the color text syntax in playlist still not supported yet, is it limited on macOS, or it's just still not implemented yet?
https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Title_Formatting_Reference#Playlist_text_color

But my biggest wish right now is the groups support in playlist, plain playlist is really a mess look.

Thanks, Peter.

I've run into some weird behavior....it cannot remember the position I last had it opened to.  For example, if I resized the window to see all of the information, and then close the program, when I reopen it, it will reset to a small screen on my main monitor.  Not sure if its a bug, or if its normal, but 2.3 never did that.  It would always remember I had it last opened on my secondary monitor and I didn't have to resize or touch it.  I have an M1 mac mini running Ventura.
I got the same, I believe it's not a bug, it's simply lack the feature, or just not implemented at all with the resize.

Reply #218
Hi. I’m not familiar with the Mac version. What features are missing or non-functional ? Also would Coverflow (Chron Flow) work on the Mac ?

Reply #219
Hi, long-time foobar user here, just migrated to mac (damn you M1, no regrets here) and it's great to see at least some version here. I'd very much vote for these features:

- last.fm scrobbling
- dsd playback
- tree structure for playlists + file browser

I hope they will be considered, I would gladly support further development.

Have a nice day, anyone...

I co-sign the Last.FM scrobbler, or maybe more broadly, perhaps a solution to not being able to add components to the Mac versions. I know this has been a recurring request for years, but I am just adding to the pile.
πάθει μάθος

Reply #220
If foobar2000 for mac is crashing for you, please get me all the information gathered by Apple crash reporter:
In "foobar2000 quit unexpectedly" window, click "Report..."
A window with full crash log will appear - select all the text and post it here.

Both runs without problems:
Foobar2000 ver2.3 and Foobar2000 ver2.5 beta19 for Mac too.
M1 Mac Mini (ARM), Ventura 13.2.1
nice greetings
Fred (Fritz) - on M1 Mac, macOS Ventura

Reply #221
Hi,
Beta 21 of foobar2000 for Mac v2.5 works fine with its 'exclusive' audio output. Besides, its sample rate follows the original rate of a music source without manual adjustment on Audio MIDI Setup. I'm fully satisfied with this feature. :)
Thank you Peter for improving foobar2000 for Mac.

Reply #222
foobar2000 for Mac v 2.5 beta 21 Audio Units Adapter not working.
After hit the PLAY - I have a Playback error.
AU - "Realphones"

Reply #223
Hi.  I seem to be having an issue with the new "Exclusive" mode in 2.5 b21.

When I'm using my RME ADI-2 DAC FS (latest firmware, USB), it does not show up in the Output -> Devices list.  It works as the "Default" device but not as an exclusive device.

However, when I plug in my JDS Labs Element III, it lists the device by name with an exclusive choice.

Is there a reason the RME ADI-2 acts differently?

Macbook Air M1
MacOS Ventura 13.2.1

Thanks for the help and for your work on this software.  I love having a dedicated music player for my library without all the fluff.

Reply #224
FB2k v2.5 beta 21 - how could this pass true the music-file sample & bit rate?
MacMini M1, Ventura 13.2.1, DAC Jan Meier Daccord ff
nice greetings
Fred (Fritz) - on M1 Mac, macOS Ventura