Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Help with runcmd accessing "Convert" in context menu needed (Read 1455 times) previous topic - next topic

Help with runcmd accessing "Convert" in context menu needed

Hi guys.  I have runcmd working to do most things but there is one step I need which I cannot get right.

I am setting up a batch file to step through a folder structure of root/artist/album.  Each album folder will have a [cue + single flac file] setup.  Whenever Foobar encounters a folder with a cue file in it I want it to then Convert to a set of individual track files in a target folder then move them back to the original folder.  That seemed the easiest course to take as I couldn't see a way of resetting the Destination for each conversion.

I can get every other step to work fine but I can't get Foobar to access the Right Click -> Convert function -> Last Used functionality.  Is this actually possible with runcmd?  I did find:
Context menu commands can be run via the command line using one of the following parameters:  foobar2000.exe /runcmd-files=<pattern> <list of files> foobar2000.exe /runcmd-playlist=<pattern> foobar2000.exe /runcmd-playing=<pattern>
...but that didn't seem to help either.  What am I missing or getting wrong?

Re: Help with runcmd accessing "Convert" in context menu needed

Reply #1
Well, I couldn't solve this one I'm afraid.  I had to convert my whole music library, one album at a time, manually.  Would you want to do that with your whole music store?  Foobar2000 did the job magnificently but it is a bit of a downer to know that it may have been able to automate the process and I just couldn't see how to tell it to.

If anyone gets an inkling as to how to do this I would still appreciate the heads up.  It will come in useful in the future for me and maybe a few others too.

Re: Help with runcmd accessing "Convert" in context menu needed

Reply #2
Can't help you with the original runcmd question (though it may very well be impossible), but why did you do your conversion one album at a time? You can drag all your single image albums to a playlist and run the conversion on them in one step. You just need to use proper output setting to get the files where you want.