Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Arnold B. Krueger RIP (Read 11560 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Arnold B. Krueger RIP

Reply #50
His posts on this forum were (and remain) a frequent resource;
I now it's just the natural course of things, but it's funny how an insightful person's legacy works, as many future newcomers will, along the next decade, invariably come across threads in this forum where his worthy contributions will be present, and regardless of agreeing or disagreeing with his views, possibly wonder "Gee, this guy surely knows his stuff!" - only to either move on after finding their answer or, if continuing over here, learn of his demise through this thread, and, regardless of how far ahead of us, probably feel as gutted as many of us are ATM.
Listen to the music, not the media it's on.
União e reconstrução

Reply #51
Sad news.  RIP Arnold.  He was a wealth of knowledge; his posts were informative, if not, at times, entertaining.  His contributions to HA and the larger world of audio will be greatly missed.  Although I didn't know Arny personally, I would like to acknowledge him for saving me and my family incalculable amounts of money over the past decade.  If not for stumbling across his posts of science and reason, I'm certain I'd have purchased many overpriced "snake oil" audiophool pieces of gear over the years.  Thank you Arnold for sharing your experience and knowledge with us audio laymen.

Best regards,
                     LedHed8

Reply #52
Away from audio stuffs for months. Today suddenly I was wondering about Arny, visited this forum and found this terrible news.

Rest in peace Arny.

Reply #53
RIP... well I hope it's not too peaceful and there's plenty of good music where you are Arny :-)

Reply #54
I'm very sorry to hear this as well. I had actually just thought about writing to him and ask for his advice on something, and apparently I wasn't the only one. It's a big loss.
Does anybody know the cause? I assume it couldn't have been natural causes at an age of 71. Perhaps the disease that has taken away so much of my family already, cancer?
"What is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence"
- Christopher Hitchens
"It is always more difficult to fight against faith than against knowledge"
- Sam Harris

Reply #56
Thanks. I seem to remember now seeing him mention it once. It even seemed like it was the same type of cancer that took my father away :-(.
"What is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence"
- Christopher Hitchens
"It is always more difficult to fight against faith than against knowledge"
- Sam Harris

Reply #57
This is an old thread, but I need to post.

Mr. Krueger yelled at me once, but it was for my own good. You see, my (former) audiophile ego got in the way of our discussion one time and he needed to set me straight. He did and I changed. He was the person primarily responsible for me choosing scientific reality over subjective audiophile la-la land.

I miss him. I wish he was still here so I could ask him a few things.

Reply #58
I know this thread is old, but it's been a while since I logged in.

I always found Mr. Krueger's posts to be very insightful.  And his staunch insistence on the use of ABX tests was VERY refreshing.

I only knew the man through his posts here.  But the idea that I will never read another post by him greatly saddens me.

RIP my online friend.  The placebophiles in the afterlife won't get a moment's peace now.