Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Arnold B. Krueger RIP (Read 11548 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Arnold B. Krueger RIP

Reply #25
He made a difference.

Reply #26
Very sad. We've lost a true character. Condolences to his family.

I had my run-ins with Arny, but mainly over presentation rather than content.
Most of what he had to say about audio was spot-on, although it was sometimes delivered with a little too much vitriol.

I wonder how long it'll be before he has an argument with God.

Reply #27
Arnold introduced me to ASR so I also left a message there. I didn't have too many conversations with him in HA but I read a lot of his posts in forums and newsgroups and learned a lot from him.

Thanks and RIP.

Reply #28
the effort he made in making this field much less ignorant is immense. he will be missed. RIP.

Reply #30
Truly knowledgeable and full of field experience, he did not let nonsense crap pass without reasoning. To some a bit harsh, but I bet it was not easy for him to read subjective unscientific load without pointing the facts from his personal experience or just plain science.
I liked reading his posts.
RIP

Reply #31
My condolences to his family and friends. Learned a lot from him.

Reply #32
He will be missed.

May he be remembered fondly.
lossyWAV -q X -a 4 -s h -A --feedback 2 --limit 15848 --scale 0.5 | FLAC -5 -e -p -b 512 -P=4096 -S- (having set foobar to output 24-bit PCM; scaling by 0.5 gives the ANS headroom to work)

Reply #33
RIP Arny

Reply #34
Thanks Mr. Krueger.

Funny how some people are so much larger than life. And crazy how much you can miss someone you never met.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?  ;~)

Reply #35
Sad news indeed - his posts always were friendly an knowledgeable
I never had direct contact to him, but will miss him!
His ABX method for unbiased listening tests will always be essential

Reply #36
Farewell, Mr. Krueger.

Reply #37
I have only recently joined this forum; broken hifi needed replacement so researching options.

Soon found Arny suggesting much cheaper options than I allowed for, so rest of budget being spent on more concert tickets.

Thanks Arny for sensible advice.

Reply #38
My condolences. Very interesting posts for so many years. A true loss :'[

Reply #39
RIP RIP RIP. One of my favorites in the forum. Very sad news.

Reply #40
Wish I'd actually met him in person; it's my own fault that I never did.  I remember Arny's frequent letters to the editor in The Audio Amateur (before it capitulated to the audiophool mentality) and his willingness to engage with anyone over some of the ideas presented therein.  Later, it was internet news feeds and finally forums like this.  As far as I can tell, he never gave up his principles.

I'm glad at least I was able to interact with him on this forum; our backgrounds were similar enough that I 'got' where he was coming from most of the time.  His passing is a keenly-felt loss to the audio world.

Reply #41
I first encountered Arny back on rec.audio, about 20 years ago, and he never wavered then or now in his insistence on science and accuracy. It helped that he knew his shit. Never met him in person, but my offlist communications with him revealed him to be a man of integrity, someone who did what he said he would do. I have spent hours just researching lists for his posts, because there was always something new to learn.

Bon voyage, my friend.

Reply #42
RIP, a true character who will be missed.  I hope the music is sweet where he is going.

Reply #43
Very sad to read this news :(

RIP, Mr. Krueger will be greatly missed.

Reply #44
What a sad news... :(

You have always fought for science and reason. So, I won't say "rest in peace, Arny". Eternal peace and quiet are for people who don't do anything, and I doubt you'd want to sit around doing nothing.

I will miss you.

Be yourself, wherever you are, if you are... Thank you for being here for so many years.

Reply #45
Rest in peace.

Reply #46
Very sad news indeed.  Thanks for all he did to drive ignorance out of HiFi.

Reply #47
You will be missed. Condolences to the family.

RIP

Reply #48
Very sad to hear this news. His posts on this forum were (and remain) a frequent resource; I'm sure he'll be missed by everyone here.

Reply #49
All the way back to rec.audio.* days, he indefatigably fought the good fight against rampant audio nonsense.

R.I.P. Arny, you magnificent bastard.   I'll miss you.