Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Re: UPnP MediaRenderer output | discussion (Read 1219 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from UPnP MediaRenderer ou...

Re: UPnP MediaRenderer output | discussion

Hi all,

I use this components with buble upnp (on android), and it works perfectly.
I just encounter 1 problem with visualization in foobar : they don't work when I select my renderer output (they work with the local soundcards)

Any idea ?

Thanks !

It is more than two years ago since this question was asked and I did not see an answer to it.
I use foobar2000  (Columns Interface) with the foo_upnp_out component to send my music (FLAC-files on my laptop) to my HiFi-set that only accepts line-in signals.
To do that I use Bubbleupnp software on my laptop and a Chromecast audio device to translate the digital music to analogue line-in signals.  It works fine (after the small initial startup problems every noobie meets).
The only problem -if you may call it a problem-  is the following:

If I use the built in speakers on my laptop as output to play the music I can see the music (spectrogram) in the toolbar. I like that !
If I use foo_upnp_out as output to listen via my Hifi set, the music is of course much more agreeable to listen to, but the spectrogram stays blank..... >:(
My question is: is this inevitable and if not is it a lot of work to make the spectrogram visible while listening via foo-upnp_out ?

I would be gratefull if someone, if possible the component owner, could comment on this