Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Game Emu Player (GEP) not working in foobar2000 2.0 (Read 692 times) previous topic - next topic

Game Emu Player (GEP) not working in foobar2000 2.0

Hello foobar2000 community,

I hope this message finds you well. I'm reaching out today because I've encountered a perplexing issue with foobar2000, particularly regarding the GEP (Game Emu Player) component.

Here's a brief timeline of events:
1. I was using foobar2000 version 1.6.8 (approximately), and everything was working smoothly. I had the GEP component installed, allowing me to manipulate the channels of VGZ and VGM files without any problems (such as Jungle Battle, from the NES port of Contra submitted below).
2. However, on a specific day, I noticed that when trying to adjust the channels of a particular VGZ file (Toy Box World from Pac-Man Arrangement also submitted below), the GEP tool didn't display the list of channels. It's essential to mention that this issue only occurred with this specific VGZ file; all others were unaffected.
3. Subsequently, I decided to uninstall foobar2000 and reinstall it, updating to version 2.0 (the newest stable one as of today). After the update, I installed the components I previously had, including the GEP. Unfortunately, after the update, I found that I can no longer manipulate the channels of ANY VGM/VGZ file using the GEP tool.
4. Additionally, I observed that unlike in version 1.6.8, VGZ/VGM files no longer display the familiar foobar2000 orange icon in my Downloads folder.

I've tried various troubleshooting steps, such as checking and ensuring the compatibility between my foobar2000 instalation and the components, checking the GEP tool settings, verifying file integrity, and testing with different files, but the issue persists.

If anyone has experienced a similar problem or has insights into resolving this issue, I would greatly appreciate your assistance. Please feel free to share any suggestions, and thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Chinō.

Re: Game Emu Player (GEP) not working in foobar2000 2.0

Reply #1
-

Reply #2
That certainly is a strange problem. I can't offer a solution to it per se, but I recommend installing foo_input_vgm, as it is more up-to-date and feature-rich. Hopefully it would fix your problem.

Reply #3
That certainly is a strange problem. I can't offer a solution to it per se, but I recommend installing foo_input_vgm, as it is more up-to-date and feature-rich. Hopefully it would fix your problem.

Unfortunately, even after installing that component, the list of channels in the GEP control is still missing, same with the orange icon in the Downloads folder for each VGM/VGZ file...

Reply #4

ACTUALLY, IT WORKED! I just have to select the correct sound chip to mute the channels freely! Thank you so much! Have a great day!