Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Biography Discussion (Read 224999 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Biography Discussion

Reply #501
@TheQwertiest and @WilB

Hello TheQwertiest and WilB,
I do not know if just a case of something more, but today I had new crashes of the Biography JS.

I installed the new SMP 1.2.3-beta (version I got today) and as I played the Pink Floyd I got the error:

From the splash window:
Error: Spider Monkey Panel v1.2.3-beta+31f7ed0a (Biography v1.1.2 beta1 with debug code2 by WilB)
Resize failed:
GdiPlus error: DrawImage failed with error (0x3): OutOfMemory

File: <main>
Line: 3284, Column: 26

Stack trace:
  ImageCache/this.cacheIt@<main>:3284:26
  Images/this.load_image_done@<main>:2933:5
  on_load_image_done@<main>:3468:53

And from the cosole.log:
Opening track for playback: "I:\Pink Floyd\2014 - The Endless River (SACD ISO)\Pink Floyd - The Endless River (2014).ISO"
image EXIST true
image.Width 600
image.Height 600
img.crop false
circular false
imgx 0 imgy 0 imgw 100 imgh 100
image_path C:\Users\AdmAT\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\yttm\art_img\p\Pink Floyd\Pink Floyd_e7090eb6d05349ae8e0932264910d875.jpg
image file EXIST true
image file SIZE 717500
this.cache.img EXIST true
this.cache.img.Width 600
this.cache.img.Height 600
this.cache.length 1
Resize width tw 377 Resize height th 377
SMP memory usage: window.TotalMemoryUsage: 8.106236 MB
image EXIST true
image.Width 3141
image.Height 4396
img.crop false
circular false
imgx 0 imgy 0 imgw 100 imgh 100
image_path C:\Users\AdmAT\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\yttm\art_img\p\Pink Floyd\Pink Floyd_9634c23d999a4ee7a14107577156f990.jpg
image file EXIST true
image file SIZE 3460022
this.cache.img EXIST true
this.cache.img.Width 3141
this.cache.img.Height 4396
this.cache.length 2
Resize width tw 269 Resize height th 377
SMP memory usage: window.TotalMemoryUsage: 8.106236 MB
Error: Spider Monkey Panel v1.2.3-beta+31f7ed0a (Biography v1.1.2 beta1 with debug code2 by WilB)
Resize failed:
GdiPlus error: DrawImage failed with error (0x3): OutOfMemory

File: <main>
Line: 3284, Column: 26

Stack trace:
  ImageCache/this.cacheIt@<main>:3284:26
  Images/this.load_image_done@<main>:2933:5
  on_load_image_done@<main>:3468:53

Kind regards, Andrea

Reply #502
I also had a possibly similar report from another user with an image.ApplyMask error (ApplyMask failed:  GdiPlus error: dst::LockBits failed with error (0x3): OutOfMemory: Spider Monkey Panel v1.2.3-beta+97022c82). Spider Monkey Panel on that user's pc normally seems only to be using a low amount of memory (but I don't have a full debug report & don't know the identity of image that caused the error).

That user was also using Windows 32 bit (Windows 10 1903) [and I believe on PC with oldish architecture] - these reasons may be why only the occasional user seems to be getting the error?

@TheQwertiest  Do you think these image related issues are due to a bug in Spider Monkey Panel, windows or script? Debug report indicates to me that the script is functioning correctly?

Reply #503
@WilB , honestly, I have no idea what's causing it. The thing is, GdiPlus reports OOM error even in cases that don't have anything to do with memory problems, e.g. unsupported image format, unsupported conversion format, error while reading file and etc. And there is no way to get any additional info from this error directly.

So the bug itself might be anywhere: it might be in SMP (I'm doing smth wrong when reading/converting the image), it might be in script (image is being accessed or used incorrectly), it might be caused by the image itself (corrupted format) or it might be caused by Windows (broken GdiPlus).

To narrow the scope we need to create a minimal repro scenario. E.g. if @AndreaT can reliably reproduce the error, then we need to find if this error always happens on the same image (i.e. the cause is the image). If it happens on random images, then the script must be reduced to a minimum lines of code and then we need to get and fix all the data (e.g. music files, urls and etc) to allow us to reproduce the case locally. If the minimal script with fixed data reproduces error reliably on user's machine and not on ours, then the problem is with user's machine configuration (Windows, antivirus software, faulty HDD/SSD or whatever else).

Reply #504
@WilB and @TheQwertiest

Hello WilB and TheQwertiest,
I understand that this problem related to the Biography JS has limited affected users and, IMHO, has also a very limited impact on the system behavior and performance.

I am sorry to not be a good developer (I wrote my last line of code in the far 1996), otherwise, for my case, I would just go to that critical section and I would put there a try/catch with catch simply moving forward ignoring that error (keeping in place the previous image or just showing a smiling placeholder).
Biography is not a critical service, when it stops I just try to re-animate it "reloading the JS" (I mean, I give the command reload from the red panel showing the crash).
If this reload can be automatic for any GdiPlus OOM error, it would be the "adequate" (good enough) solution for this problem.
Many thanks for your attention and kind regards, Andrea

Reply #505
Try catch is very easy to do. But I'm not sure if it will work with real OOMs. I've pm'd you something to try.

Another possibility, if it only effects one or perhaps a few images, is to black listed them (image > black list). After black listing image can be deleted from disc if you wish  - biography should then get an alternative one during next update or if you use force update. If the try catch works, the version I've pm'd will output the identity of the problematical image to the console.

Reply #506
Hello WilB, I will try your solution tomorrow and I will update you privately. Many thanks and kind regards, Andrea

Reply #507
It seems as if AllMusic album reviews are no-longer returning data correctly.

I'm assuming AllMusic moved the location of their webpage elements around?

Reply #508
@WilB
Hello WilB, the try/catch patch is fine. No more crash. Great job.
I sent to your inbox the screeshot of the console.log.
Many thanks!
Kind regards, Andrea

Reply #509
I've uploaded  versions of Biography, Library Tree and YouTube Track Manager that are compatible with JScript Panel v 2.3.x+ in the usual locations.

Reply #510
New Version: Biography 1.1.2

FIX: AM biography & reviews. Updated to work with site changes.

NEW: Circular artist & cover images (menu > image > circular).

NEW: Use of reflection, border, shadow and circular styles can now be separately applied to artist & cover images (menu > image). Border method has been refined to take account of circular images.

NEW: Image seeker & counter options:
    - Seeker now supports clickable dots for image selection, as well as bar style. Both can be dragged.
    - Counter now optional + can be displayed on its own.
    - Settings: menu > image > seeker & counter.

CHG: Image seeker. Improved positioning over a wider range of layout styles.

NEW: More menu Items:
    -  Circle button now used as visual indicator if more tags are found (requires FontAwesome).
    - "Auto Lock" now available (more... sub menu). "Auto Lock", if enabled, automatically engages the lock on loading items from the menu (history/tag/similar artists/top albums). The lock stops track changes altering the display.

NEW: Ability to set Biography inactive: No internet searching. No text or image loading (SHIFT + right click > menu > inactivate).

CHG: AM reviews and biographies now show the supplementary information if the main review or biography isn't found.

CHG: Various optimisations.

FIX: Cover cycling. Now correctly accepts custom folders: server settings > [COVERS: CYCLE FOLDER].

FIX: Occasional image loading errors.

FIX: Other reported issues.

Reply #512
Suggestion:
Add scraping of song genres, styles, moods and themes.

for example, this is a page of a song on AM, it's a new feature they have added to the site in the last few months, so it doesn't have it for every song, but only for most popular artists.

Reply #513

Confirming AllMusic album reviews missing. Began the last weeks and continues in v1.1.2.

Reply #514

Confirming AllMusic album reviews missing. Began the last weeks and continues in v1.1.2.

Looks like the latest version actually fixed AllMusic reviews for me.

Did you right-click the panel and then click 'Force Update' for any reviews that might have been cached to disk after installing the new version?

Reply #515

Did you right-click the panel and then click 'Force Update' for any reviews that might have been cached to disk after installing the new version?

Thank you! - Force Update has started returning results again - reviews are appearing.
However I'm having to manually Force Update on each release.

Reply #516

Thank you! - Force Update has started returning results again - reviews are appearing.
However I'm having to manually Force Update on each release.

Could it be that all your reviews are cached and for whatever reason the plugin isn't triggering a query of the site?

Have you tried to delete the folder that all your reviews are cached to?

Reply #517
NEW: Circular artist & cover images (menu > image > circular).
I just want to say, I'm seriously lovin' these circular artist images. Thank you WilB for your continued effort making these scripts. 8)

Reply #518
New features are awesome, thx for the update.
Meanwhile, I found I cannot get biography text from last.fm for some artists.

e.g.
アンジェラ (Vo. Alisa)
Erroll Garner
咖啡因樂隊

Is there any way I can debug for this?

Reply #519
Thanks for the feedback.

I have fixed the issue and will release an updated version shortly after a bit more testing...

Note that アンジェラ (Vo. Alisa) doesn't seem to have an actual biography at the site (?), although there is ancillary info.

Reply #520
Thanks for the feedback.

I have fixed the issue and will release an updated version shortly after a bit more testing...

Note that アンジェラ (Vo. Alisa) doesn't seem to have an actual biography at the site (?), although there is ancillary info.

Thx! I am aware that "アンジェラ (Vo. Alisa)" doesnot have actual biography contents except for other infos, and I am fine with that.

Reply #521
I'm wondering how, if it's currently possible or wishing for future ability to have the heading independent within the layout when displaying review panel with album art.

For example, it would be nice if the heading extended across the panel width and is not limited by the review text column width.

Also following up on a previous question about image cycling. Cover images in reviews still do not cycle for me, so maybe this image will clarify:

If I have front cover image displayed (in review panel), my assumption about 'cycle from folder' is that it would cycle other images from the same folder as the cover. However no auto or mouse-wheel cycling occurs.
Auto cycling (& mouse wheel) does work in the bio panel with artist images.

Reply #522
Thanks for the feedback

I've added the feature in my copy. Providing no issues arise in further testing it should be in the next version.

'cycle from folder'

This always loads from cover cycle folder specified in server settings (biography.ini). Default is:
Code: [Select]
COVERS: CYCLE FOLDER]
Folder=%profile%\yttm\art_img\$lower($cut(%BIO_ARTIST%,1))\%BIO_ARTIST%
That cycles artist images providing they're in the default location.

To load from the music folder use:
Code: [Select]
[COVERS: CYCLE FOLDER]
Folder=$directory_path(%path%)
If the location is something else you'll have to work out the path/title formatting to use. Please confirm whether or not the issue is resolved, as I wanted to release an update shortly.

Reply #523
Thanks for the feedback

I've added the feature in my copy. Providing no issues arise in further testing it should be in the next version.

Thank you for the amazing work - really spectacular seriously.

'cycle from folder'

This always loads from cover cycle folder specified in server settings (biography.ini). Default is:

I already have [COVERS: CYCLE FOLDER] pointed at my artist images, which does work correctly for the bio panel. Per your labeling, that would be "Artist: Photo"

However I run 2 panels side-by-side, left panel Bio and right panel Review.

So if I understand it correctly, there is only one source for cycling images? There is no way for me to specify an artist cycling image eg. [ARTISTS: CYCLE FOLDER] folder AND a cover cycling image eg. [COVERS: CYCLE FOLDER] folder?

Reply #524
Two cycle locations are supported.

1) Bio mode. Supports cycling artist images (photos) from the standard lfm artist image [SAVE] location. Requires that "sources > photo: cycle" is enabled (default behaviour).

2) Review mode. Supports cycling of images from the cover cycle folder, i.e. [COVERS: CYCLE FOLDER]. Requires that "sources > cover: cycle from folder" is enabled.

Each mode therefore supports cycling from a different folder. So yes you can have bio panel cycling artist images and review panel cycling covers.

Sources > cover > front|back|disc|artist checks foobar2000 > display > album art > search patterns and loads the single image returned by foobar2000 depending on the chosen option. You can opt to load and cycle all of these by choosing 'cycle above'.

HTH