Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC: sync error when ripping CD with hidden track to image (Read 1514 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC: sync error when ripping CD with hidden track to image

Hello,
I'm using V1.3 on Windows 7 Pro x64 and I could always accurately rip my CDs since starting with EAC in 2006 on Windows XP. I've now come across a CD that contains a hidden track as indicated by EAC by showing the first track in red letters. I accurately ripped the CD to single file per track which doesn't include the hidden track sadly. I now wanted to rip the CD again, this time into an image to try and catch the hidden track that way as suggested in the German forum AudioHQ.de. However the only thing EAC is giving me is an instant sync error. I then tried another CD of the same band, containing a hidden track in the same manner also, and I got the same error. I then tried a third CD without hidden tracks and that was ripped perfectly fine by EAC into a CD-image.
What could be the reason that ripping CDs containing a hidden track to an image doesn't work at all and is there a solution to that possibly?
Thanks for reading, any hint is greatly appreciated!

Re: EAC: sync error when ripping CD with hidden track to image

Reply #1
Not all drives can read before the start of Track 1.
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?msg=471924 (also look at the post that follows)
korth

Re: EAC: sync error when ripping CD with hidden track to image

Reply #2
Thanks for your answer! It brought me on the right path to figure this out. Turned out the drive I was using, NEC ND-3570A, seems to be unable to deal with HTOA (Hidden Track One Audio). I have many other drives that I'll try out in the future.
Greets!

PS: sadly I did not find a find to mark this topic as solved so if only a moderator can do that please go ahead.