Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: using Convert option with NeroAAC, change extension to .m4b (Read 2823 times) previous topic - next topic

using Convert option with NeroAAC, change extension to .m4b

Hey everyone,

I'm converting a bunch of .mp4 videos using foobar2000 1.1.2, so I can rip out their audio and speed them up with the foo_dsp_soundtouch.  My ultimate goal is to play them as audiobooks on an iPod.  I was able to do this using the convert command, and choosing the output format to be "AAC (Nero)".  The resulting file is a .m4a file, which I can manually rename to .m4b, and it works exactly as expected (as an audiobook) on an ipod.

Is there a way to have foobar change the extension to .m4b for me?  I can't seem to see an easy way to access this setting.  The Destination option always has ".m4a" present as the extension, and I don't see an option under the File>Preferences>Advanced>Tools>Converter item...

Is this possible?

Reply #1
Create a custom converter preset. You have to access it through right click menu (place mouse on one or more tracks and rightclick).

Reply #2
Create a custom converter preset. You have to access it through right click menu (place mouse on one or more tracks and rightclick).

THanks!  I had missed the "Custom" option under the Encoder list!  It works great now!