Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Enable Tapatalk? (Read 21365 times) previous topic - next topic

Enable Tapatalk?

Reply #25
Even if any of the admins cared, the old IPB 2.x.x branch is apparently not supported by that thing.

You guys really make Tapatalk users the sorts of users we definitely want to promote around here!

Maybe I'missing something, but could you please show me where, as an unprivileged user, can I easily get to know the running version? I've seen the limitation before and made an eyeball scan of the portal page, but found no hints about it.
Notice also that v3 has been out for four years now. Is v2 still actively maintained? Is it secure?

BTW, nice to know HA staff like their users to be from mod ranking up...
... I live by long distance.

Enable Tapatalk?

Reply #26
The "cost" is at most an hour to install and do the bare minimum of configuration, or even 5 minutes if you confirm that the board does not support tapatalk.
on the Tapatalk site they speak about a 15 mins procedure (yes, maybe they are overly optimistic and it could as well take twice or three times so).
Tapatalk can be installed in 3 minutes
It is possible to choose just to add the file "Mobiquo" and to upload it to the server.

Even if any of the admins cared, the old IPB 2.x.x branch is apparently not supported by that thing.

You guys really make Tapatalk users the sorts of users we definitely want to promote around here!

You really have an issue with unwarranted snarky remarks. Please try to be more professional, you are a mod after all. That comment is 3 years old, not posted by admin or mod, and uses the word "apparently". Also, I would appreciate it if you didn't flaunt your false sense of superiority over members of this forum because you don't use some piece of software that we do.

Enable Tapatalk?

Reply #27
Also, I would appreciate it if you didn't flaunt your false sense of superiority over members of this forum because you don't use some piece of software that we do.

You must be new here ;-)

Enable Tapatalk?

Reply #28
It's funny how newbies think they know IPB well enough to say how easy an upgrade is, yet don't even know it well enough to differentiate the 2.x series from the 3.x series by visual appearance alone.

Also, I would appreciate it if you didn't flaunt your false sense of superiority over members of this forum because you don't use some piece of software that we do.
You must be new here ;-)
Like caudec. Seriously, who uses that?

Enable Tapatalk?

Reply #29
It's funny how newbies think they know IPB well enough to say how easy an upgrade is, yet don't even know it well enough to differentiate the 2.x series from the 3.x series by visual appearance alone.

Now you're just baiting/trolling. The install procedure will not vary much system by system, either it's supported or it isn't. No one made the  claim to know IPB well. We want someone to look at the current forum version, compare with tapatalk documentation, and consider installing it. What you are doing is trolling the thread and wasting everyone's time.

Enable Tapatalk?

Reply #30
The admin who would do it has said no.  You are just as much a troll for not honoring the decision.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure I beat Canar to closing this discussion, though he did manage to slip that post in.

Enable Tapatalk?

Reply #31
There was a staff reply to the initial poster as the first reply in this thread. He should have locked it then and prevented all of you guys from wasting our time. I'll fix that problem now.