Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: iTSfv - iTunes Store file validator (Read 416547 times) previous topic - next topic

iTSfv - iTunes Store file validator

Reply #650
Has anyone been having issues with reverse scrobbling?  It used to work for me but I don't get anything now.

Reply #651
vulc44n, ReverseScrobbling requires implementation of the Last.fm API 2.0 - this is still in the works for iTSfv 6.

All,

Due to the recent issue with LyricWiki:

Code: [Select]
Unfortunately, due to licensing restrictions from some of the major music publishers we can no longer return lyrics through the LyricWiki API (where this application gets some or all of its lyrics).

The lyrics for this song can be found at the following URL:
http://lyricwiki.org/Gossip:Heavy Cross

Gossip:Heavy Cross

(Please note: this is not the fault of the developer who created this application, but is a restriction imposed by the music publishers themselves.)

I have made changed to iTSfv Lyric Viewer:

An update to iTSfv 5.60 will release shortly.

Reply #652
hey McoreD, is there a chance that we'll be able to get the lyrics added to the id3 tags of the songs so they show up on ipods/iphones again? perhaps by using a different source? here are some lyrics databases with APIs:

lyricsfly - http://lyricsfly.com/api/
25 music api's - http://blog.programmableweb.com/2008/02/21/25-music-apis/
how to program for leos lyrics - http://www.linux.com/archive/feature/114259
leos lyrics - http://www.leoslyrics.com/posts/list/15869.page

from: http://code.google.com/p/ilyrics/issues/detail?id=46#c1

great program btw.

Reply #653
Hello,
I just found out about your tool. It seems quite nice, I'll have a try at it.
My question: is there a way to easily export/create a .txt/excel file of ALL my iTunes songs, with these infos: artist / album name / song name / track number / encoding quality.
My final goal is to try and remove all true duplicates, with priorities lossless > MP3.

Reply #654
Hello,
I just found out about your tool. It seems quite nice, I'll have a try at it.
My question: is there a way to easily export/create a .txt/excel file of ALL my iTunes songs, with these infos: artist / album name / song name / track number / encoding quality.
My final goal is to try and remove all true duplicates, with priorities lossless > MP3.

Hey -- Yeah, you can do that out of iTunes itself.  I do that once a year for kicks.

File --> Export Song List --> Library.txt.
Then open via Excel, using Delimited, Tab.

Has pretty much all tag info, then you can re-arrange as necessary.

Troy

Reply #655
Actually, that last note was for an older version of iTunes.  On iTunes 8.2.1.6, Highlight all tracks in Library, then Click File --> Library --> Export Playlist

Troy

Reply #656
Actually, that last note was for an older version of iTunes.  On iTunes 8.2.1.6, Highlight all tracks in Library, then Click File --> Library --> Export Playlist

Troy

Thank you Troy! It was so obvious I did not even think about looking after that in iTunes...

Reply #657
An update to iTSfv 5.60 will release shortly.

Do you have any idea when? I known its not nice to ask but i really miss my lyrics and many of my songs now have the disclaimer text from lyrics wiki as lyric

Reply #658
Would it be possible to use this tool to export playcounts for songs or possibly change the audio file's path but keep playcounts/last played date the same? I dont want to have to delete the old music files and tell itunes where to find the new files just so I can keep the playcounts and last played dates. Even better, if I could export my playcount, last played date, added date to foobar
Can this tool do this? I see an export tags option but is that what I need to use? Will it backup last played date and date added stats?

Reply #659
Is there a way to prevent iTSfv (5.61.2.1) from touching my mp3 files while importing?

I disabled "Refersh tags when adding new files to Library" which helped to stop iTSfv remove the leading zero in my track numbers. And I enabled "Retain Track's Date Modified after validation".
The files are not changed in any way when importing, but the file date is still modified.

Any way to fix this?

Thanks.

Reply #660
I use both iTunes and Windows Media Player since I have a Windows 7 media center in my living room.

I am looking for a way to sync ratings from iTunes into the POPM field of each song on an ongoing basis so the ratings will just "work" with Media Center (since it supports POPM field).

I installed the latest (v5.61) of iTSfv but didn't see a way to do what I"m looking for, and instead it does the opposite -- it will "import ratings from POPM frame" instead of "Export ratings from iTunes to POPM frame". 

Am I mistaken or is this functionality missing?  If it is missing, does anyone have a way to do this easily?

(I also don't want a solution that will blindly write out ratings again, without detecting if the rating is already present. In other words, I don't want to alter the file unless it truly has changed. Otherwise my file backup will needless keep backing up every song since it's technically changed/been updated)

Reply #661
Hello,

I would like to use iTSfv to download artwork.
I have followed the tutorial to configure Album Art downloader.

Now I select Tracks in Itunes and hit 'Validate Selected Tracks'
The only result I get is 'Ready 17 of 17 Tracks checked do not confirm to iTunes Store Standard.

Now, I would like to make them conform. How do I do that?

Regards,
Hendrik

Reply #662
Hey great app! I was wondering if you were planning on implementing importing the %rating% used in FB2K into the iTunes Library

Reply #663
Hey great app! I was wondering if you were planning on implementing importing the %rating% used in FB2K into the iTunes Library

Yes I'm looking for this too since F2K developers do not use the POPM frame is there some way to specify by field name instead?

Reply #664
I'm getting an error with iTunes 9.2.1.5, 64 bit Windows 7:

2010-10-22T16:04:52 000001
2010-10-22T16:04:52 Unable to cast COM object of type 'iTunesLib.iTunesAppClass' to interface type 'iTunesLib.IiTunes'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{9DD6680B-3EDC-40DB-A771-E6FE4832E34A}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).
2010-10-22T16:04:52    at iTunesLib.iTunesAppClass.get_LibraryPlaylist()
   at iTSfv.frmMain.sBwAppLoadPlayer()

I'm using itsfv version 5.61.2.1
--alt-presets are there for a reason! These other switches DO NOT work better than it, trust me on this.
LAME + Joint Stereo doesn't destroy 'Stereo'

Reply #665
Same error here since updated to iTunes 10.2.1.1. Using itsfv 5.61.2.1 win7 64b.
By the way, is itsfv development stalled?

Reply #666
If not iTSfv development has stopped, I would like to request a feature:

I have all my album artwork stored in each album-folder. Would it be possible to make iTunes pickup this file and use it internally, without embedding it to files?
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

Reply #667
Culture: hr-HR

Date and Time:    2011-04-21T18:21:38
iTunes version: 10.2.2.12
iTSfv version:    5.61.2.1
Error caused by:
Job: ADJUST_RATINGS

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Error path:
  at iTSfv.cStatsMaker..ctor(BackgroundWorker bwApp, cLibraryParser xmlParser)
  at iTSfv.frmMain.fGetStatsMaker()
  at iTSfv.frmMain.ssAdjustTrackRating(IITFileOrCDTrack track)
  at iTSfv.frmMain.sBwAppAdjustRatings()
  at iTSfv.frmMain.sExecuteJob(MethodInvoker mySub, Boolean cli)

What's that?

Reply #668
@~*McoreD*~

Hi,

Based on your Google Code page it looks like development of this application has started back up again this month.

It looks like the app has a lot of promise.  I'm an avid foobar2000 user who just recently got an iPhone and have been using [fighting with] iTunes for the last couple weeks.

I was wondering if you are planning on compiling any of the recent changes into an executable installer.
I don't have a compiler setup currently to use the svn trunks, but would love to check out recent code changes.

Anyways, have a good one.  Hopefully you will continue to update your app.
Thanks.

Reply #669
Culture: hr-HR

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

To Gui Boratto and anyone else who has the iTSfv error listed above
It does not appear to be a problem with Windows 7 64 bit
or a problem with the latest version of iTSfv

For me it was a problem with iTSfv-5.62.1.0 trying to read the database of iTunes 10.6

So basically you need to install an older version of iTunes for to be able to use iTSfv

I fixed it by doing the following:

I found an official old copy of iTunes, version 9.2.1
http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1056

After uninstalling the old copy of  iTunes I installed this one.
It wouldn't open due to the common problem of:
"The file itunes library.itl cannot be read because it was created by a newer version of itunes"

To solve this I did this:

Go to C:\Users\(your username)\Music\iTunes and rename the file iTunes Library.itl to iTunes Library.OLD 

Upon adding music to my library a new Library.itl file was created.

I was then able to restore my tags.

Reply #670
hi

thanks for the idea, that's exactly what i was searching for

i'm not sure but ... it doesn't work under Windows XP 64 :

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  at iTSfv.frmMain.bwApp_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
  at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3643 (GDR.050727-3600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
iTSfv
Assembly Version: 5.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 5.62.1.0
CodeBase: file:///S:/APPS/iTSfv/iTSfv.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3644 (GDR.050727-3600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Interop.iTunesLib
Assembly Version: 1.10.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.10.0.0
CodeBase: file:///S:/APPS/iTSfv/Interop.iTunesLib.DLL
UploadersLib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.17787
Win32 Version: 4.0
CodeBase: file:///S:/APPS/iTSfv/UploadersLib.DLL
McoreSystem
Assembly Version: 1.14.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.14.0.0
CodeBase: file:///S:/APPS/iTSfv/McoreSystem.DLL
McoreIndexer
Assembly Version: 2.9.7.0
Win32 Version: 2.9.7.0
CodeBase: file:///S:/APPS/iTSfv/McoreIndexer.DLL
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
ov3ik7st
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
Interop.ITDETECTORLib
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///S:/APPS/iTSfv/Interop.ITDETECTORLib.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
I would understand it's no use to make work under this OS version so if it's your decision, i'll migrate to seven
thanks

Reply #671
no idea ?

Reply #673
Wow, it's been quite a while since I've last visited here, but I'm still an avid user of iTSfv.

5.62 works great for me, but I will certainly check out the new incarnation of the application.

Good to see you're still working on keeping our music collections beautifully tagged, McoreD!