Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Filter out DTMF in real time from Skype call (Read 5329 times) previous topic - next topic

Filter out DTMF in real time from Skype call

Hello,

I receive calls in Skype where sometimes the caller needs to dial some numbers on their phone keypad.
Do you know a solution that I could use to filter out the DTMF from the call in real time?

I have found the following topic that deals with the same thing:
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,76118.0.html

In the last post, "drmartell" indicates that he successfully achieved this using VSTHost + Tom's Notch plugin. But I was not able to reproduce what he did...

Notably using Tom's Notch, I couldn't find a way to specify precisely the frequency to filter. Even using arrows from the keyboard, it goes from 584.70 Hz to 1166.63 Hz for example.

Any idea on this?

Thanks!

Re: Filter out DTMF in real time from Skype call

Reply #1
Hello,

I receive calls in Skype where sometimes the caller needs to dial some numbers on their phone keypad.
Do you know a solution that I could use to filter out the DTMF from the call in real time?

I have found the following topic that deals with the same thing:
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,76118.0.html

In the last post, "drmartell" indicates that he successfully achieved this using VSTHost + Tom's Notch plugin. But I was not able to reproduce what he did...

Notably using Tom's Notch, I couldn't find a way to specify precisely the frequency to filter. Even using arrows from the keyboard, it goes from 584.70 Hz to 1166.63 Hz for example.

Any idea on this?

According to the online doc on this filter, the Q is adjustable,  the range of available Q's is not given. To do what you want to do you need a filter with very high Q, perhaps 100 to 1000 or  more.  The center frequency of the filter needs to have smaller steps, the higher the Q.  Again, the doc is not clear about whether this capability exists.

If Tom's Notch does not perform to these standards, you need to find something that does.  If you were unclear about the requirements for an acceptable product, I hope I have helped. I don't know offhand of anything that meets these rather stringent specs.  Good luck!

It may be that people who are successful with Tom's Notch for this application are less demanding, or it may be that they've learned how to use its capabilities in ways that are not obvious to you.

One tool I'm familiar with  that may help is called Equalizer APO.