Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Recording Quality Discussion? (Read 622 times) previous topic - next topic

Recording Quality Discussion?

Hello everyone. I am recently new to Fb2K and even newer to quality music listening. Sine finding out about Fb2K I have watched dozens of Yoytube videos on Fb and have came across videos on quality / audiophile and loudness wars recordings. I now know why some music I really liked seemed to sound different than what I remembered.

I have tried to look through previous posts to find something on this with no success, so excuse me if this discussion already sxists somewhere.

What do I look for to get the GOOD recording of CD's and not end up with this backasswards thought that louder / loudest recording is better sounding. I want to be in control of my own volume. I just dont like music that is recorded at such a loud volume that there isnt even a discernable waveform. Is this even possible anymore?

Re: Recording Quality Discussion?

Reply #1
You need to hang out on various audiophile forums and search the threads for the albums you are interested, to find out which re-issues are good, and which to avoid. Without hearing other people;s experiences with various re-issues, or hearing them for yourself here really is no good way to tell, unless you always only listen to or buy the original pressings. It's a can of worms. No easy answer. And of course some re-issues/remixes/remasters (in some people's opinions) actually do sound better.

The Steve Hoffman forum may be a good place to start.