Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: skip to letter command (Read 862 times) previous topic - next topic

skip to letter command

Hi, iv been using foobar for around a month.
Theres smthing that really bothers me and i found no solution yet.
Seems ppl are searching for this since decades ago, literally, theres a thread from 2007 complaining about it.

In the playlist panel you  cant "jump to" when you press a key.
For instance, id like to jump to Marisa Monte when i hit M. And when i hit "M" and then "o" in less than 0,5seconds i'd like to jump to Motorhead. Just like explorer.

If possible each new key pressd should start a 0.5scd or 1/3scd countdown before reseting this quick search cmd. Anyone knows how to implement this?

Im done scrolling down. Rly, if i cant implement it i ll get itunes back.
When you have over 500k songs and 5k playlists scrolling is useless.
Thank you

Re: skip to letter command

Reply #1
And when i hit "M" and then "o" in less than 0,5seconds i'd like to jump to Motorhead. Just like explorer.

This works just fine for me. And you need to know where you want to "jump to" as foobar search in all fields you have added in playlist view (artist, title, album, etc.)
Somewhere, there's someone dying in a foreign land
Meanwhile, the world is crying stupidity of man
Tell me why, tell me why