Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC Final Beeps - Meanings and Settings Related to (Read 2339 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC Final Beeps - Meanings and Settings Related to

I need to figure out something concerning the beeps when EAC finishes a rip.
When I have the setting: EAC Options - Tools - On extraction, start external compressor queued in the background, (with even a numer 1 set) ENABLED, it seems that it finishes with ONE beep, followed by a TWO short beeps.
When I have this disabled, I only hear ONE beep in the final.

Because of some WAV files left behind in some rips, I have disabled that setting.

Is this behaviour related to this setting!? Or is it something new in EAC?
My version is EAC 1.3  2nd sep 2016.
I use CUETools DB Plugin.

Re: EAC Final Beeps - Meanings and Settings Related to

Reply #1
If I recall correctly, one beep when the rip is done, two beeps when the external compressor is done. Undeleted wav files may be due to closing EAC before the external compressor is finished.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?  ;~)

Reply #2
Undeleted wav files may be due to closing EAC before the external compressor is finished.
No, that wasn't the case. This machine has 8 cores, and they're speedy, so something was left behind in the middle of process (for instance, track 02 left a WAV).

So EAC stopped the secondary beep because now it waits fully the external compressor without being queued. I suppose.

Reply #3
Occasionally encoders have problems with file names or path lengths.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?  ;~)