Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: I love album shuffle but it doesn't seem to like compilation album (Read 2250 times) previous topic - next topic

I love album shuffle but it doesn't seem to like compilation album

I have them tagged by the artist versus "various artist".  When  it shuffles to one of these disc it doesn't start at track 1 and it doesn't play the entire album.  It plays the one artist and than skips to another album. 

What can I do to corect this?

Marc

Reply #1
I have them tagged by the artist versus "various artist".

Sorry, what does that mean?

In order for shuffle (albums) to work, all tracks of an album with multiple artists have to share the same album artist tag.

Set it to "Various Artists" or something like that.

Reply #2
0.9.5: Shuffle Albums, doesn't seem to work like the older 8.3 Shuffle Album.  It's kinda strange the way it hops around.
e.g.: select a title within an album with Shuffle Album selected.; at the end of this title it sometimes jumps to another album; then it plays a random number (sometimes all)  of titles within that album; then switches to another album.

Also 8.3 Shuffle Album would randomize title selection within album, now selection is sequential within album.

-still relatively new to 0.9.5
EAC095pb5, LAME3.98, freedb, flac 1.2.1, fb2k 0.9.5

Reply #3
It shouldn't have album shuffle has to sort all the songs to work.  The sort just needs to be modified. 

Marc