Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [fb2k 2.0] Queue Viewer (Read 10296 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [fb2k 2.0] Queue Viewer

Reply #25
I've just released 1.0.15

https://github.com/marc2k3/foo_queue_viewer/releases

-Make %queue_index% available when using the context menu Send options on Library
selections that are also present in the active playlist.
- Remove auto-scroll workarounds and use the latest foobar2000 SDK which fixes previously
reported issues.

Reply #27
Another stupid question, for QV as window: context menu of window title has entry Import Settings. Is this functional, if yes, how do I Export settings?

Reply #28
Heh, I'd genuinely never seen that context menu before. I guess it's common for all components that utilise ui_element_impl_withpopup from the SDK.

So it appears you can Copy which would be the same as copying an embedded UI element instance in layout editing mode. The clipboard contents can then be Pasted in Window Explorer as an .fth file. I guess you can import it / Paste it back in from explorer later.

In the case of this particular component, the only per instance setting is the Item column title formatting. The Keep queue on close option is a global setting stored in config.sqlite and would not be included.

Reply #29
edit: I suppose adding to the front of queue and playing immediately while keep existing items could make sense??
I would say adding after the current playing item would make sense. i.e. keeping existing queue items, and just inserting the selected one(s) at front, instead of adding them at the end. The 'play immediately' part is not needed at all (and it would override the current playing item, being confusing).

That way you would have full control about the order, being able to queue items to play asap or after the current list.

That's one things I find bothering about queue implementations (here or at Spotify), not being able to send a track to play right now without clearing the entire queue.

Reply #30
Please consider making title format string %tracknumber% %artist% - %title% default, because tracknumber gives orientation during reordering queue.
edit: I suppose adding to the front of queue and playing immediately while keep existing items could make sense??
I would say adding after the current playing item would make sense. i.e. keeping existing queue items, and just inserting the selected one(s) at front, instead of adding them at the end. The 'play immediately' part is not needed at all (and it would override the current playing item, being confusing).

That way you would have full control about the order, being able to queue items to play asap or after the current list.

That's one things I find bothering about queue implementations (here or at Spotify), not being able to send a track to play right now without clearing the entire queue.
IMHO append is sufficient, as you can mark added/appended tracks in QV and move them to the top of queue.

Reply #31
I've never used it but it seems like Play Next by Case can insert single items to the front of the queue....

https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_play_next

With the original foo_queuecontents and this, you can drag/drop multiple items straight to the front of the queue but I have no issue adding context menu items for those who want bindings to buttons/keyboard shortcuts. I would follow the convention of my existing Send commands - with and without play.

Reply #34

https://github.com/marc2k3/foo_queue_viewer/releases

You can guess what has been added.
Great, thanks ;) Much better to not require another dependency and also being able to do it with a single menu entry which can be linked to a button, yep.

Reply #36
Just realised I have a silly bug in it. The original send to option checked the selected item count did not exceed the queue limit (256). It would hide the menu items / refuse to execute if it did. Because I was flushing the queue, I didn't have to care about existing queue count. But with this new add feature, I have to check the combined total of existing queue items AND new item count otherwise existing queue items can get truncated if you select too many items. I'll have a fix out soon.

Reply #40
Sometimes I like to hear my tracks in reverse order. Reverse in playlist has the problem, that the previous sort order might be destroyed unintentional. Its better to do that in a special "temporary" playlist, called Queue.

Reply #43
Menu issue is fixed.

And I'm British English so I will not be following core conventions of US English. I already use Randomise in JScript Panel 3. I also use colour extensively and I actually got the idea some years ago when I noticed musicmusic does the same in his Columns UI preferences.

Reply #47
Menu issue is fixed.

And I'm British English so I will not be following core conventions of US English. I already use Randomise in JScript Panel 3. I also use colour extensively and I actually got the idea some years ago when I noticed musicmusic does the same in his Columns UI preferences.
You can be neither from US, nor from UK, and mix both conventions everywhere since you couldn't care less hahahaha

Was gonna ask about the randomize thing, great to see it.

Reply #49
Strictly speaking, the context menu is for manipulating a selection of tracks. Sort commands apply to whole queue, so they should be placed in a main menu of foobar2000 (View | Queue Viewer > Sort > Sort by)?