Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WASAPI plug-in version 3.0 beta [closed] (Read 167128 times) previous topic - next topic

WASAPI plug-in version 3.0 beta [closed]

Reply #50
(...) it doesn't work with neither my Xonar ST nor with the Musi 02US.

Full error message please.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #51
(...) it doesn't work with neither my Xonar ST nor with the Musi 02US.

Full error message please.

With the Xonar I get the "Unrecoverable playback error: Unsupported stream format: 96000 Hz / 32-bit / 2 channels" type whereas with the 02US Foobar hangs and shuts down. This happens on both b1 & b2

Reply #52
Code: [Select]
Win7 64bit foobar2000 1.1.12 beta 6, WASAPI Output Beta 2
AMD Radeon HD 6670

Hi Peter!
With the new Beta 2, playback of all of my high resolution audio files (.flac) is working like a charme :
  • 5.1, 5.0, 4.0, 2.1, 2.0 Channel 24bit/96Khz -> working
  • 2.0 Channel 24bit/88,2KHz -> working
  • 2.0 Channel 24bit/192KHz -> working
  • 2.0 Channel 24bit/176,4kHz -> working
  • 2.0 Channel 16bit/44,1KHz -> working
  • 5.1 Channel DTS .wav 24bit/44,1KHz -> working

Big Thanks for your effort

Helios

Reply #53
I have written this in another topic. I will post it again, here, maybe you can help me.

Hello everyone!
I am using Foobar2000 with wasapi or kernel streaming, and an Asus Xonar D2 soundcard. When Foobar is running, any other browser sounds
are turned off. But when I close a page that contains/produces any sounds, i.e. I close a YouTube page, I get a very distinct
pop in my speakers.

This goes for any browser I use. This problem manifests whenever I close a page that contains sounds, movies, or any flash
content. The problem does not occur if I use the classic windows mixer. Has anyone encountered this issue?

Thank you!

Reply #54
Beta 2 working well here (Windows 7 64bit, Focusrite Saffire 6 USB audio interface).

Reply #55
I have written this in another topic.
Which will be deleted as a duplicate post, if this one turns out to be relevant here. For that reason, and since you haven’t specified, can you confirm that this issue persists in either of the latest beta versions?

Reply #56
Yes, the problem is still present.

Reply #57
With beta2 my FiiO E7 USB DAC plays files fine. Just after playing the first seconds, there will be mute for several seconds.

Reply #58
I don’t think that qualifies as “fine”…

Reply #60
I don’t think that qualifies as “fine”…

After that mute for a few seconds, everything is fine.  I just hope this issue can be fixed with the next version.

Reply #61
Beta 2 available, see the original post for details.

Due to the differences between beta 1 and beta 2, beta 1 is still available for download, as it may actually work better for some users; please report such cases so I can decide on which approach to take in the future versions.

I hope Peter, you'll decide for pull mode (event driven) approach or at least merge the codes into one component with an option to set an approach..

Reply #62
First of all, thanks a lot for the work being done on this update, Peter. It is very helpful for asynchronous USB DAC owners like  me.

The event driven mode approach (beta 1) works well so far with my HRT Music Streamer II USB DAC as long as I set the hardware buffer to 50ms. The random glitches are gone. With Wasapi v2.1, the DAC regularly stuttered in random intervals.

I'll try beta 2 with my DAC and report back my findings.

Reply #63
Just to update, beta 2 does not work with my HRT Music Streamer II USB DAC at all. I press play and nothing happens. I have rolled back to beta 1 for now. I did notice some slight clicking noises in rare occasions but I'm not so sure. I'll try to listen some more to confirm my findings.

Reply #64
Thanks Peter and co. Beta 2 work just fine on my Lexicon Lambda. The only problem is when i open "Recording Devices" tab, under "Sound" if the default format doesn't match the sample rate of my playback, the sound will become distorted and buzzy, just like the previous Wasapi 2.x. With Asio, no such problem exist. But i think that's more like Lambda driver bug, than Wasapi plugin.

Reply #65
Inspired by jologsmaster, I just re-tested beta1 with my FiiO E7 usb DAC with software buffer of 200ms instead of the default value as 1000ms, the glitches just gone. Not tested with my crappy onboard sound card yet. My  best guess is that the glitches may be caused by the software buffer requested all the time by foobar2000. If that's the case, beta1 may be better than beta2 once software buffer set to a shorter value.

Reply #66
I have Windows 7 64-bit, and a Creative X-Fi Titanium sound card. I'm currently using beta 2 that uses the polling based option. Between low latency event and polling based, which would work best out of the two for my X-Fi Titanium card? I currently have my output data format set to 24-bit. From what I've read, it seems that one beta is for usb sound cards, and the other beta is for a dedicated PCI express sound card (what I have).

Reply #67
There was a thread split recently, but I think it's worth mentioning the final results here. The post link is: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....st&p=797345

In short: could you please ignore the "format unsupported error" when calling IsFormatSupported(), and only accept that it's an error when Initialize() complains instead? In other words: IsFormatSupported() is "unreliable".

Reply #68
Beta 2 seems much more stable.  The only problem I have is that if I turn off the receiver that the PC is plugged into via HDMI then this will usually crash FB instead of just defaulting to no output or even better would be the default.

Reply #69
For me beta1 is more stable than beta2 speak of USB audio devices once set foobar2000's buffer to a smaller one. It would be perfect if the glitches using with onboard soundcard can be resolved based on beta1 and the buffer problem can also be resolved.

Reply #70
For me beta1 is more stable than beta2 speak of USB audio devices once set foobar2000's buffer to a smaller one

That part is irrelevant to beta 1 as it always uses a small hardware buffer. The buffer size you set in the player is a secondary software buffer. If having such a buffer is a problem, then I don't want to live in this world any more.

Reply #71
Exactly, the buffer size adjusted in the player options is a secondary one. Two betas available are not comparable, as they use different approaches for configurations relevant for them. But pull mode is newer approach with advantages over push mode in better skip protection and less processor cycles needed, the problem is it won't function on non "pull mode ready" configurations correctly or at all.

Reply #72
Beta 3 posted, see initial post for details.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #73
Sweet!

Beta 3 can now send uncompressed multi-channel audio through my sound card's fake S/PDIF playback device. Both regular and event driven seem to work fine.

Thanks for applying the changes

Reply #74
beta3 event-driven mode, it went wrong just like beta1 once been disturbed by another cpu-hog program and will not be able to recover.

And the new beta3 event-driven mode is still not working well with the onboard sound-card of my laptop.