Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Prototype Interface Idea (Read 18005 times) previous topic - next topic

Prototype Interface Idea

Reply #25
foo_playlist_tree is inherently different in that it models its playlist as a real tree whereas the normal foobar2000 playlist is a flat list, no matter what tricks you use to impose a hierarchical structure on it. That being said, I personally quite like how coruscate works and I finally got some ideas how to improve performance so it can be used with playlists of arbitrary size. The only problem is the time needed to implement those ideas...

Prototype Interface Idea

Reply #26
I've noticed that by "interface" most people merely think of how things actually look, without considering how a program is actually used.

One of the real strengths that foobar2000 has is that certain elements of the interface can be easily changed, and modified, (such as hot-keys), and almost everything works seamlessly with everything else (i.e. drag and drop a group of songs into other playlists, etc).

I'm usually one to want all kinds of ways of making a program more efficent or easy to use, but as far as foobar goes, I'm having a tough time thinking of anything that isn't already there.  It is such an ingenious program from the beginning.

I'd have use for some functionality that adds an integrated database search functionality like foo_dbsearch, but supports docking with the main foobar window, and maybe can quickly pop open and closed when needed.  I'd also like the dbsearch to share the interface with foobar, so that one could use column_ui, or the same kinds of configuration styles that foobar has.

Prototype Interface Idea

Reply #27
foo_playlist_tree is inherently different in that it models its playlist as a real tree whereas the normal foobar2000 playlist is a flat list, no matter what tricks you use to impose a hierarchical structure on it. That being said, I personally quite like how coruscate works and I finally got some ideas how to improve performance so it can be used with playlists of arbitrary size. The only problem is the time needed to implement those ideas...
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well, I've gotta say, coruscate is a pretty damn promising plugin.  Granted, it looks a little funny when you scroll past the top (see pic), but there doesn't seem to be any major performance issues on my Athlon 64 3400+. On my "everything" playlist, which has 11,912 tracks, I only get occasional/no pauses when scrolling. No crashing issues either..

[a href="http://img113.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img113&image=coruscate8rb.gif][/url]

Prototype Interface Idea

Reply #28
[tips hat to coruscate]

Keep up the good work on that, it looks intriguing.

Prototype Interface Idea

Reply #29
Well, I've gotta say, coruscate is a pretty damn promising plugin.  Granted, it looks a little funny when you scroll past the top (see pic), but there doesn't seem to be any major performance issues on my Athlon 64 3400+. On my "everything" playlist, which has 11,912 tracks, I only get occasional/no pauses when scrolling. No crashing issues either..[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=286831"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I think I forgot to mention that you need to replace utf8api.dll with the one in the ZIP archive.  I found a number of bugs in the text rendering functions of utf8api that are only triggered by foo_coruscate. Patches have been submitted to Peter and will be included in the next official foobar2000 release, but until then you'll have to use my patched version.

Prototype Interface Idea

Reply #30
Well, I've gotta say, coruscate is a pretty damn promising plugin.  Granted, it looks a little funny when you scroll past the top (see pic), but there doesn't seem to be any major performance issues on my Athlon 64 3400+. On my "everything" playlist, which has 11,912 tracks, I only get occasional/no pauses when scrolling. No crashing issues either..[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=286831"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I think I forgot to mention that you need to replace utf8api.dll with the one in the ZIP archive.  I found a number of bugs in the text rendering functions of utf8api that are only triggered by foo_coruscate. Patches have been submitted to Peter and will be included in the next official foobar2000 release, but until then you'll have to use my patched version.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=286904"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I installed foo_coruscate and it was buggy like killmaster's picture, so I installed the new utf8api.dll and then foobar stopped loading.  I.e. when you try to execute the program nothing at all happens.

looks cool though...
stripe/ben

Prototype Interface Idea

Reply #31
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=286904"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hey whatta know, it looks awesome now. Add the ability to expand/collapse items and I might start using it even

Prototype Interface Idea

Reply #32
Hey whatta know, it looks awesome now. Add the ability to expand/collapse items and I might start using it even
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=287122"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Holy... that might negate the need for an album list, since one could amalgamate the two...

(hubba hubba to that idea)

Prototype Interface Idea

Reply #33
I installed foo_coruscate and it was buggy like killmaster's picture, so I installed the new utf8api.dll and then foobar stopped loading.  I.e. when you try to execute the program nothing at all happens.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=287112"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Are you using Windows 95/98/ME by any chance? If so, please redownload foo_coruscate.zip and use the utf8api.dll from the "ansi" directory.

Prototype Interface Idea

Reply #34
Are you using Windows 95/98/ME by any chance? If so, please redownload foo_coruscate.zip and use the utf8api.dll from the "ansi" directory.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=287194"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yep I am, and I did, and now it works fine.  This looks like it has a ton of potential... I'm excited.

stripe/ben

Prototype Interface Idea

Reply #35
Has this been developed any further?

Prototype Interface Idea

Reply #36
Hey foosion, any intentions of resurrecting this old gem?
f to c to f to c

Prototype Interface Idea

Reply #37
I too would ask that this be updated! Pleeeeze.

Prototype Interface Idea

Reply #38
Wow. I didn't know about this one but now it's one of those components I'd love for 0.9