Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Home stereo display (Read 266892 times) previous topic - next topic

Home stereo display

Reply #350
I'm using 1.9 micro and when the tracknumber is >= 10 its displaying 0xx so that last digit is out of its box.
There used to be a link to my website here.

Home stereo display

Reply #351
using 1.9 micro I get a crash (with no crashlog) when trying to use the buttons. The tag writing dialogue pops up and foobar freezes then crashes. Is anyone else having this trouble?

I'm going to report this in the trackinfo_mod thread too just wondering if I'm the only one
My Name is Sean and I'm here to leech off your genius.

Home stereo display

Reply #352
V 1.9 Micro bugfix
I've uploaded a new archive,in which i fixed the tracknumber issue and added a Custom info support for Rating/Mood value saving.
The reasons for this is that when writing info to file tags for two different fields ("RATING","MOOD") in one playback session,foobar overwrites the value from second tag over the one from the first and to overcome that behaviour there's a need to reload info from file as soon as first tag was written,and sometimes it causes foobar to crash.I suggest you to use the Custom info option,as it doesn't cause craches,faster and doesn't have
the annoying tag writing dialog window.You'll find all the info in the "Instructions.txt" inside the archive.
Favourite artist:CD-R
Favourite album:700MB

Home stereo display

Reply #353
Do you think the tag writing problem is due to th efact that you have essentially stacked two buttons on top of each other?  Perhaps it is trying to run both the tag write and the reload at the same time.  Would it be possible to have the button perform the two functions in series, such that it writes the tag and then updates the info.  This would allow you to not have to include the "reload" button.

Home stereo display

Reply #354
Do you think the tag writing problem is due to th efact that you have essentially stacked two buttons on top of each other?  Perhaps it is trying to run both the tag write and the reload at the same time.  Would it be possible to have the button perform the two functions in series, such that it writes the tag and then updates the info.  This would allow you to not have to include the "reload" button.

It's impossible to asign more than one command to a button,also i've noticed that even without the reloading of info it sometimes crashes foobar.

Home stereo display

Reply #355
be warned that if the names for the custom info scripts are the same as your masstagger scripts (as my mood tags were) the buttons will execute both commands.

Just a friendly warning. This one had me stumped for a while

Home stereo display

Reply #356
be warned that if the names for the custom info scripts are the same as your masstagger scripts (as my mood tags were) the buttons will execute both commands.

Just a friendly warning. This one had me stumped for a while

Thanks for the warning,i'll come up with something original 

Home stereo display

Reply #357
lol the warning was intended for the uneducated such as myself russell. Thanks a lot for the continued support man. Its very much appreciated

Home stereo display

Reply #358
VERSION 1.8.1 VIP IS OUT(see the first post)
Changelog:
-On screen metadata editing (rating,mood)
-Volume indicator
-Selectable Last played/First played/Play count all at one position (changing)
-Playing mode indicator (follow cursor\playback)
-File size
-More space for Artist\Title section
-Many "underhood" improvements
Don't forget to get the latest version of cwb hooks and trackinfo mod panel.
For better performance it's suggested to turn "Notify other components of variable changes" option
in cwb hooks menu off.
Thanks to all who helped me and gave me ideas,i'm waiting for your new themes,enjoy 

Home stereo display

Reply #359
Hey Russell,

Wanted to let you know that I noticed that the number "7" does not align properly in the track number and both of the time boxes with the newest V1.9 code.

Home stereo display

Reply #360
Hey Russell,

Wanted to let you know that I noticed that the number "7" does not align properly in the track number and both of the time boxes with the newest V1.9 code.

It's b/c you need to uninstall the old "7 Segment font" from your sys before installing Rsegment.

Home stereo display

Reply #361
Man was that stupid.  I thought I did already...I thought that they were different names.  Thx man!

Home stereo display

Reply #362
Russell777

I use version 1.8.1 of your home stereo display, and I have following Problem. If I stop the playback my home stereo display looks like on the picture.

By changing track it’s looks like on this picture.

In both cases this error goes away after several seconds of playback.
Thanks!!!

Home stereo display

Reply #363
I have one more question. How I have to use -On screen metadata editing (rating,mood) funktion? If try to click on the rating or mood display, nothig happens.

If I manually set rating tag or the song already contains this tag, so its will be not displayed by home stereo display. Previos version of your code works fine.

Home stereo display

Reply #364
First of all you should get the latest version of trackinfo mod panel that supports buttons,second you should
know that if "write_tags" value is set,my code will look for rating and mood values in the tags,else it will take it from text file/SQLite database/FB2K cfg,so that if you have "write_tags" option disabled and manualy set rating to X using masstager script,you will not see any difference.Also you should install LCDMONO fonts.

Home stereo display

Reply #365
i've replaced the V 1.8.1 archive coz it had error with follow cursor\playback recognition,please update.
Also i'm looking for a solution to foobar's crashes when writing tags.

Home stereo display

Reply #366
No luck here getting a "Mute" button to work, either.
UPDATE: I was able to get a function "Mute" button by using foo_run.  The only problem is that when you click the button, it takes a few seconds for it to activate.

... um just my 2 cents: we're talking about a home stereo display? my home stereo (the hifi thing you remember) has no mute button, but it has a pause button which perfectly mutes the sound ... instantly

Home stereo display

Reply #367
my home stereo (the hifi thing you remember) has no mute button, but it has a pause button which perfectly mutes the sound ... instantly

My thoughts exactly. Why would you want to mute it as opposed to pause, this ain't TV

Home stereo display

Reply #368

my home stereo (the hifi thing you remember) has no mute button, but it has a pause button which perfectly mutes the sound ... instantly

My thoughts exactly. Why would you want to mute it as opposed to pause, this ain't TV

Mine has,in case you're listening to radio and suddenly get a phone call or something,(radio broadcast can not be paused from my end)     

Home stereo display

Reply #369

Mine has,in case you're listening to radio and suddenly get a phone call or something,(radio broadcast can not be paused from my end)     

I've noticed that when I have the volume display showing it slows down the responsiveness of my volume control. Would this be because of cwb hooks?

Home stereo display

Reply #370
I've noticed that when I have the volume display showing it slows down the responsiveness of my volume control. Would this be because of cwb hooks?

Get the latest version of cwb hooks,go to its menu (it has a menu now) and uncheck the "notufy other components of variable change" box.Problem gone.

Home stereo display

Reply #371

Strange, bacuae my brand new home stereo also has a mute button.  Should I return it?!  Just kidding.    But I do agree with what Russell says about radio broadcasts.

Home stereo display

Reply #372

Get the latest version of cwb hooks,go to its menu (it has a menu now) and uncheck the "notufy other components of variable change" box.Problem gone.

Nope. I already have the latest version of it

Strange, bacuae my brand new home stereo also has a mute button.  Should I return it?!  Just kidding.    But I do agree with what Russell says about radio broadcasts.

Well mine does too but I was refering more to the need of one in the display, especially since the volume control indicater has memory issues and makes the volume control less responsive. Besides I just dont understand why you woldn't just pause a song because by muting it you miss out on it, thats really what I meant
and yes that is with the latest cwb hooks

Home stereo display

Reply #373
Well mine does too but I was refering more to the need of one in the display, especially since the volume control indicater has memory issues and makes the volume control less responsive.

The volume indicator doesn't cause the high cpu usage,you can remove it ("Rating Mood Volume" section of the code) and you will see no difference at all.Again,turn off the callback notifications of cwb hooks.

Home stereo display

Reply #374

Well mine does too but I was refering more to the need of one in the display, especially since the volume control indicater has memory issues and makes the volume control less responsive.

The volume indicator doesn't cause the high cpu usage,you can remove it ("Rating Mood Volume" section of the code) and you will see no difference at all.Again,turn off the callback notifications of cwb hooks.

Actually it does have in impact on memory but thats not what I'm saying. I said that with it in my code when I use my keyboard to adjust the volume the volume is not as responsive as when that section of the code is not in it