Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Wasapi 1.31 Event vs. Push (Read 47347 times) previous topic - next topic

Wasapi 1.31 Event vs. Push

Could somebody please explain how "push" is different from "event" and in what situations would you use "push"? I have searched and I would guess that this gets asked alot, yet I could not find the answer here. Hmmm.

FYI, I use a Thesycon driver with XMOS usb receiver chip.

Wasapi 1.31 Event vs. Push

Reply #1
Could somebody please explain how "push" is different from "event" and in what situations would you use "push"? I have searched and I would guess that this gets asked alot, yet I could not find the answer here. Hmmm.

FYI, I use a Thesycon driver with XMOS usb receiver chip.

The pinned WASAPI plug-in 3.0 beta thread has some discussion of Event vs. Push: [a href='index.php?showtopic=94907']WASAPI plug-in version 3.0 beta [closed], Discussion & feedback[/a]

But FWIW I have 4 devices with XMOS receiver chips and Thesycon drivers.  I haven't found a driver configuration that doesn't work with them.  I tend to use ASIO because I have other USB devices that just don't work well otherwise, but WASAPI push and event, kernel streaming and Directsound all work fine at least in day or two long tests.  Also (at least on my laptop) they appear to work with almost any buffer settings.  I tend to use 16 seconds of buffering which works even if I’m ripping CDs and defragging at the same time