Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar2000 0.7 is out! (Read 18106 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #50
You can get rid of it if you don't like it.
But, have you actually looked at the new foobar2000 GUI?
It looks nothing like Winamp!

You're absolutely right, it looks nothing at all like winamp, though the new 'stock' GUI is a substantial improvement IMO, and I run it with the transparency at 50%! 

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #51
might give this new-fangled UI with the seekbar a try, but I still love the simple look of 0.6x and earlier and may very well stay with that. The eyecandy GUI (constant seekbar, visual buttons to press, etc) in winamp is one of the things that turns me off  about it.

You can get rid of it if you don't like it.
But, have you actually looked at the new foobar2000 GUI?
It looks nothing like Winamp! 

main reason I have not tried it yet is that I do not want any kind of buttons or seekbar on the screen at all. I use nothing but keyboard shortcuts as they are much faster for me than moving the mouse and do not want to see a seekbar unless I am using it at that particular moment - the STFU plugin style with an appropriate key assigned has worked fine for me so far.

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #52

Did you read my post at all?
You can disable the buttons, the visualization AND the seekbar!!!

Move your pointer over the seekbar, or the buttons, or the vis and right click. There, select anything you want.
But anyway, if you don't want to try it, it is your choice.
I'm the one in the picture, sitting on a giant cabbage in Mexico, circa 1978.
Reseñas de Rock en Español: www.estadogeneral.com

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #53
you could..... turn them off?

Personally, I just keep it in my system tray all the time and use hotkeys (unless I want to scroll through the song or change playlist, in which case I open the main window).

The only thing it puts on my screen is the rest of the time is the track title on change of song, and that is just because I have an OSD plugin.
happiness comes in brown paper bags.

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #54

Did you read my post at all?

Move your pointer over the seekbar, or the buttons, or the vis and right click. There, select anything you want.
But anyway, if you don't want to try it, it is your choice.

thought I read your post, but obviously not enough
may give it a try one of these days, just stubborn I guess. Just upgraded to the 0.7 Beta/RC version in the past 2-3weeks as it is. But I am using the final release now.
edit: thought about it a bit and realised just how much I strongly prefer the the clean effecient "notepad" look after using it for the better part of a year

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #55
So how do I change the UI in foobar2000? I wanna try this so I downloaded a couple of skins via the links in this thread and got .ski files, now I can't work out what to do with them.

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #56
It's amazing how many people fail to notice "other supported types will be stripped from file" message above tag type dropdown list. Perhaps you should actually read what's written on standard inputs preferences page before spreading misinformation about id3v2 remover "not working" with full setup.

I can't see why there is a need for you to become angry. I was only trying to help out. Am I an idiot for not noticing that small note in the upper corner? Spreading mis-information has never been my intention, and I am truly sorry for doing so this time. I never wrote "not working" as you quote, all I said was that I noticed that the option was "grayed out". Nevertheless, I was wrong and I am sorry for that. I really don't mind being corrected, but I don't think I deserve to be treated as an idiot.

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #57
So how do I change the UI in foobar2000? I wanna try this so I downloaded a couple of skins via the links in this thread and got .ski files, now I can't work out what to do with them.

http://www.foobarlooks.tk

That link needs to be made into a sticky.

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #58
Hmmm I cannot get foo_look to work on my system... it leads to foobar cannot load the foo_look.dll I have installed it into the component folder of foobar and extracted it with folder options enabled. Some please help me here... thanks

Regards

AgentMil

**EDIT**

Nevermind found out what was happening... thanks to anyone that was attempting to help me.
-=MusePack... Living Audio Compression=-

Honda - The Power of Dreams

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #59
*EDIT*

Never mind! I was having the same problem as the above.

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #60
might give this new-fangled UI with the seekbar a try, but I still love the simple look of 0.6x and earlier and may very well stay with that. The eyecandy GUI (constant seekbar, visual buttons to press, etc) in winamp is one of the things that turns me off  about it.

And not only that. Do you want to use the 0.6x user interface? You can.
Search "Oldskool User Interface" here:
http://www.foobar2000.org/components.html

About foo_looks, read this post, please:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....howtopic=13572&
I cannot get foo_look to work on my system...

What OS are you using? foo_looks for v0.7 is still unicode only. So it doesn't work with Win9x yet.

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #61
Right so thats my problem Win9X... LoL and I though it would of worked. I installed GDI+ and then it loaded the component but when I go click on menu bars the program crashes with error codes. What gives with that? Cause my OS is sucky? LoL more than likely I think.

Regards

AgentMil
-=MusePack... Living Audio Compression=-

Honda - The Power of Dreams