Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Cat (copy /b) queries about seeking (Read 1942 times) previous topic - next topic

Cat (copy /b) queries about seeking

If i were to cat or copy /b a buch of vorbis files into a single file, i know that fb2k and winamp are able to understand these and skip to each track.

On my girfriends computer i would like to do this. The thing is, with Vorbis and MPC's encoded as a single file and then using a cue sheet, there is a large delay skipping tracks as the file is decoded.

What i would like to know is does this occur when files vorbis files are joined or can fb2k and winamp skip directly to the start of each track avoiding decoding all nof the stream? I can't tell on my system as it's two fast and i don't get delays even with large files and i won't get to test it on another system till the weekend.

Cheers for your input,

Kristian