Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Monkey Woe (Read 4739 times) previous topic - next topic

Monkey Woe

I have wapet and Monkeys Audio installed in EAC but I cannot get the compression to function. For the Wapet instalation I have C:\Special\wapet.exe. For the monkey instalation I have C:\Special\Monkey's Audio\MAC.exe. When I record with EAC at time of compresion I get the error message "The system cannot find the path specified". Obviously I am making some very basic error. What might it be?

Monkey Woe

Reply #1
Add quotes.

Monkey Woe

Reply #2
' date='Oct 7 2006, 19:20' post='438901']
Add quotes.

If you mean to put C:\Special\Monkey's Audo\MAC.exe in quotes in the additional command line options block in EAC (along with all the other entries) I had already done that. I have it as %d -t "Artist=%a" -t "Title=%t" -t "Album=%g" -t "Year=%y" -t "Track=%n" -t "Genre=%m" "C:\Special\Monkey's Audio\MAC.exe" %s %d -c4000. Thoughts?

Monkey Woe

Reply #3
Here's my command line:
Code: [Select]
/c ""C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\wapet.exe" %d -t "Artist=%a" -t "Title=%t" -t "Album=%g" -t "Year=%y" -t "Track=%n" -t "Genre=%m" "C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\MAC.exe" %s %d -c3000%c &&"C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\MAC.exe" %d -v%c"

When using cmd.exe and /c, a set of quotes gets removed, so a second set has been added.

Monkey Woe

Reply #4
Here's my command line:
Code: [Select]
/c ""C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\wapet.exe" %d -t "Artist=%a" -t "Title=%t" -t "Album=%g" -t "Year=%y" -t "Track=%n" -t "Genre=%m" "C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\MAC.exe" %s %d -c3000%c &&"C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\MAC.exe" %d -v%c"

When using cmd.exe and /c, a set of quotes gets removed, so a second set has been added.

I tried your command line with my paths to no avail. I don't think its the paths either so it must be something else.  I probably should just erase everything, download new, reinstall and start over ( or go buy an Olive).

Monkey Woe

Reply #5
I tried your command line with my paths to no avail. I don't think its the paths either so it must be something else.  I probably should just erase everything, download new, reinstall and start over ( or go buy an Olive).
There is more to getting this right than just the command line.  Did you make sure the other settings are correct?

Parameter scheme: User Defined Encoder
Extension: .ape
Program: C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe

Monkey Woe

Reply #6
Don't worry about me, I had a problem but have got it sorted now.