Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Vorbis 1.3.7 aoTuV and Lancer patches (Read 94526 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Vorbis 1.3.7 aoTuV and Lancer patches

Reply #75
There is something wrong about Lancer mod 2021-05-11 hosted on RareWares. It is unable to correctly encode WAV when its sampling rate is less or equal to 11025 Hz: SSE2 version outputs silence, SSE3 outputs heavily distorted sound. All other Vorbis encoders (original, Aotuv, Venc aka Aotuv 2021-03-20, FFMPEG's libvorbis) do the job as expected.

P.S. Also, Lancer mod section on the website is missing its own anchor, <a name="oggenc-aotuv"> is used instead.

Code: [Select]
$ mediainfo in.wav

General
Complete name                            : in.wav
Format                                   : Wave
Format settings                          : PcmWaveformat
File size                                : 361 KiB
Duration                                 : 16 s 780 ms
Overall bit rate mode                    : Constant
Overall bit rate                         : 176 kb/s

Audio
Format                                   : PCM
Format settings                          : Little / Signed
Codec ID                                 : 1
Duration                                 : 16 s 780 ms
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Bit rate                                 : 176.4 kb/s
Channel(s)                               : 1 channel
Sampling rate                            : 11.025 kHz
Bit depth                                : 16 bits
Stream size                              : 361 KiB (100%)

$ oggenc2 in.wav -q 1 out.ogg

Bytes    Filename                 
 -------- --------------------------
  46 825   out.original.generic.ogg 
  51 187   out.original.x64.ogg     
  51 301   out.ffmpeg7.x64.ogg      
  51 301   out.ffmpeg7.x86.ogg      
  52 409   out.aotuv.generic.ogg    
  55 291   out.lancer.sse3.ogg      
  56 562   out.aotuv.x64.ogg        
  56 655   out.lancer.sse2.ogg      
  56 670   out.venc.x64.ogg         
  56 674   out.venc.x86.ogg
• Join our efforts to make Helix MP3 encoder great again
• Opus complexity & qAAC dependence on Apple is an aberration from Vorbis & Musepack breakthroughs
• Let's pray that D. Bryant improve WavPack hybrid, C. Helmrich update FSLAC, M. van Beurden teach FLAC to handle non-audio data

Reply #76
I'm having trouble making any progress with this. 'in.flac' does not play in foobar with the following error message:
Code: [Select]
Unrecoverable playback error: Unsupported stream format: 11025 Hz / 24-bit / 1 channels (0x4)
Yet, if I look at the Properties in foobar, it specifies 16 bit! I can encode the flac file with any of the oggenc2 variants (Windows 10 Pro x64) and the same situation exists - same error message, but properties appear correct. Decoding the flac to wav doesn't help either. Any ideas, anyone?

Reply #77
Sounds like you are using an exclusive mode output in foobar2000. The output bitdepth is user configurable, yours is set to 24 bps. And the error is caused by the audio interface not supporting 11 kHz playback natively.
If you wish to keep using exclusive mode, you'll need to add a resampler DSP to the playback chain. Another solution would be to switch to non-exclusive output.

Reply #78
Thanks, Case, you're right, of course! I'm off to Spain for 2 weeks tomorrow so my mind is elsewhere!! I don't think I will get to look at this until I return so please feel free to remind me if I should appear to have forgotten about it.

Reply #79
Quick update. I believe the RareWares builds are slightly out-of-date. I found more recent source that appears to fix a bug relating to low samplerates. I'll look at this in more depth when I am able. The broadband connection where I am visiting in Spain is slow and intermittent!