Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Audio decoder test pack? (Read 3016 times) previous topic - next topic

Audio decoder test pack?

Hi,

i wasn't quite sure which forum this should go under, so i'm trying here. I'm working on development of an audio player, and am wondering if anyone has ever seen a tarball/repository/URL that contains a group of all (when i say all, i'm meaning all standard, mp3 (Xing, VBRI, Frenhauer etc), WAV (varieties...), WMA (varieties..), Ogg etc audio formats? i'm trying to test that i handle all cases, VBR headers etc, but haven't found an one stop reference way to check that yet?

Even better would be if anyone knows of somewhere that i might find malformed, screwy type encodings so i could test those cases too?

Or if anyone has just seen a list of all the different varities of headers for the different formats (i just recently stumbled on VBRI).. that would be a great help too.

thanks a lot for any info.

best,
-graham

Audio decoder test pack?

Reply #1
I'm going to add a quick reply to my own topic before someone suggests it. I'm looking for tests for the DECODING not encoding. So the audio test samples for compression comparrision (while i did grab them all and run them thru) aren't aiming at what quite what i was looking for.

thanks again for anyone's feedback.

-graham

Audio decoder test pack?

Reply #2
I recall that someone, some years ago, posted a link to a set of MP3 samples (from the Fraunhofer site ?) designed to test the compatibility of decoders (test of all bitrates, of VBR, etc).
I didn't find it back with the search, nor in the main MP3 sites 
If someone remember what it was...