Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WavPack 5.6.2 imports ID3v2.4 tags (Read 3129 times) previous topic - next topic

WavPack 5.6.2 imports ID3v2.4 tags

This is something I meant to add with the AIFF support because sacd_extract users have been asking for it (and making good arguments), but every time I looked at the spec I changed my mind. Well, here it is, and any testing on real ID3v2.4 tags (and v2.3 for that matter) would be greatly appreciated. I also added handling of the COMM tag, multiple values per item, and all the text encodings and picture types (e.g., "Cover Art (Artist)"). I have tested with with sacd_extract output in both dSF and DFF files, and with mp3tag on WAV and AIFF files.

Other minor improvements:
  • Fix a bug where the screen output was sometimes wonky under Wine.
  • Obsolete .wvc files are always deleted when stand-alone .wv files are created.
  • Don't allow WavPack files to be the source in --raw-pcm mode.

Attached is a set of universal Windows binaries built with mingw.

Thanks!

Re: WavPack 5.6.2 imports ID3v2.4 tags

Reply #1
Oh f**c, Windows Defender ... 
I guess that the only thing new that could trigger the trojan warning is "it being new in itself", the temporary lack of false positives reports.

Reply #2
Oh f**c, Windows Defender ... 
I guess that the only thing new that could trigger the trojan warning is "it being new in itself", the temporary lack of false positives reports.
I have no idea about this stuff. Matt packages WavPack with the Monkey's Audio distribution and he's always having trouble with my binaries flagged as viruses, and it doesn't seem to matter how old they are or where they're built (although Mingw seems to do better than MSVC).

I just ran this through VirusTotal and it came up with one detection out of 64:

Reply #3
This is something I meant to add with the AIFF support because sacd_extract users have been asking for it (and making good arguments), but every time I looked at the spec I changed my mind. Well, here it is, and any testing on real ID3v2.4 tags (and v2.3 for that matter) would be greatly appreciated. I also added handling of the COMM tag, multiple values per item, and all the text encodings and picture types (e.g., "Cover Art (Artist)"). I have tested with with sacd_extract output in both dSF and DFF files, and with mp3tag on WAV and AIFF files.

Other minor improvements:
  • Fix a bug where the screen output was sometimes wonky under Wine.
  • Obsolete .wvc files are always deleted when stand-alone .wv files are created.
  • Don't allow WavPack files to be the source in --raw-pcm mode.

Attached is a set of universal Windows binaries built with mingw.

Thanks!

The 64bit version of 5.6.2 is not there?

Reply #4
The 64bit version of 5.6.2 is not there?
For this test release I just wanted something everyone could use. The 32-bit executable should work anywhere a 64-bit version would work, and this one even works on XP. Also, the difference in performance for WavPack is hardly measurable from 32-bit to 64-bit.

Is there a particular reason you'd like a 64-bit version?

Reply #5
No, no particular reason, I'm using BatchEncoder on Windows 11 and I have a 64bit version.... Anyway if the difference between 5.6.0 (which would be the version I'm using) and 5.6.2 is only the import ID3v2.4 I can safely stay with 5.6.0
Thank you

Reply #6
Anyway if the difference between 5.6.0 (which would be the version I'm using) and 5.6.2 is only the import ID3v2.4 I can safely stay with 5.6.0
There are a few other minor improvements, but I agree that if you don't have a specific need for ID3v2.4 tag imports, then there would be no reason to upgrade until the official release. And then you'll be able to get a 64-bit version...  :)