Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: fb2k mac - ver. 2.8 beta 18 plays plays less louder than ver. 2.3.0 (Read 852 times) previous topic - next topic

fb2k mac - ver. 2.8 beta 18 plays plays less louder than ver. 2.3.0

On my M1 Mac Mini fb2k mac - ver. 2.8 beta 18 plays plays less louder than ver. 2.3.0
I can't find why!
Thats similar to my other music players Fidelia and Audirvana Studio.

For Mac the feature 'Audio device is exclusive for foobar2000' are very recommendable.
Fidelia and Audirvana Studio have this!
Without this, any change on USB break the playing!

M1 Mac Mini, Ventura 13.2, DAC Jan Meier Corda Daccord ff
nice greetings
Fred (Fritz) - on M1 Mac, macOS Ventura

Re: fb2k mac - ver. 2.8 beta 18 plays plays less louder than ver. 2.3.0

Reply #1
Mmmm, Fidelia, interesting, never heard of it... :) Audirvana is ridiculously expensive tho.

As a temporary solution, which can handle libraries and multiple playlists as well as scrobbling, I use strawberry now, a fork of Clementine, but it lacks many basic foobar features, such as custom tag columns in playlist, which foobar on mac has even tho it is just core barebone app...

Anyway I still hope foobar on mac will rise up, the development on version 2.5 is very active, which is good... Once some plugin system is created, all the missing functionality will be possible.

Re: fb2k mac - ver. 2.8 beta 18 plays plays less louder than ver. 2.3.0

Reply #2
Fidelia .... gives in Apple App Store and a free version for test (the free version is an older build)
https://www.audiofile-engineering.com/fidelia/

I installed Foobar2000 ver2.3 and Foobar2000 ver2.5 beta19 for Mac too.

nice greetings
Fred (Fritz) - on M1 Mac, macOS Ventura