Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Exact Audio Copy and econder settings question before ripping (Read 2615 times) previous topic - next topic

Exact Audio Copy and econder settings question before ripping

Hi
I have tried dbpoweramp cd ripper and it's amazing ,it's amazing fast rip in memory and encode but what i do miss it's a log like eac
I guess Eac rips tracks in a temp folder and start the encoder in background

well today i want to rip some cds , i have downloaded the last version 1.6 with cdrdao , even i have read that many users do prefer 1.3

I have only some problem settings the encoders and use or not cdrdao to burn some cd

well i have searched around net before posting ,i have searched even for encoder presets ,but..

1) have I to leave the eac compression ID3 tag all unselected ,unchecked ?

2) I remeber in the past there is an encoder offeset too , was it removed?

3) I would like to encode most of cd in Flac , some cd in mp3 /AAC and opus , sometime it does give me errors
are they right ?
flac 5 compression
Code: [Select]
-5 -V -T "ARTIST=%artist%" -T "TITLE=%title%" -T "ALBUM=%albumtitle%" -T "DATE=%year%" -T "TRACKNUMBER=%tracknr%" -T "GENRE=%genre%" -T "PERFORMER=%albuminterpret%" -T "COMPOSER=%composer%" %haslyrics%--tag-from-file=LYRICS="%lyricsfile%"%haslyrics% -T "ALBUMARTIST=%albumartist%" -T "DISCNUMBER=%cdnumber%" -T "TOTALDISCS=%totalcds%" -T "TOTALTRACKS=%numtracks%" -T "COMMENT=%comment%" %source% -o %dest%
lame 320k and V0
-b 320 -h --add-id3v2 --ignore-tag-errors --ta "%artist%" --tt "%title%" --tg "%genre%" --tl "%albumtitle%" --ty "%year%" --tn "%tracknr%" %source% -o %dest%
-V 0 --vbr-new --add-id3v2 --ignore-tag-errors --ta "%artist%" --tt "%title%" --tg "%genre%" --tl "%albumtitle%" --ty "%year%" --tn "%tracknr%" %source% -o %dest%
qaac VBR 109 256k , i don't know if keep q0 or q2
-V109 -q0 --no-smart-padding -v%bitrate% --title="%title%" --artist="%artist%" --album="%albumtitle%" --composer="%composer%" --genre="%genre%" --date="%year%" --track="%tracknr1%/%numtracks%" --disk="%cdnumber%/%totalcds%" --tag="too:" --tag="stik:1" --tag="rtng:0" %hascover%--artwork=%coverfile%%hascover% %haslyrics%--lyrics=%lyricsfile%%haslyrics% %source% -o %dest%

Opus vbr 192
--music --bitrate 192 --vbr --artist "%artist%" --title "%title%" --album "%albumtitle%" --date "%year%" --genre "%genre%" --tracknumber %tracknr1% --comment "COMMENT=%comment%" %hascover%--picture "%coverfile%"%hascover% %source%

any advises or correction or feedback are really welcome
thanks ,take care

Re: Exact Audio Copy and econder settings question before ripping

Reply #1
1) When using the Additional command line options shown in 3), Add ID3 Tag would be unchecked for all.
Parameter passing scheme would be set to User Defined Encoder for all.

2) The Use Offset Correction settings were removed from EAC Compression Options
https://www.exactaudiocopy.de/en/index.php/resources/whats-new/whats-new/
November 23, 2010
Finally here is the new version 1.0 beta 1 [...]
– Removed compression offset

3) -o should not be there in the Lame examples. It means:  mark the encoded file as a copy in the MP3 header/stream options. It is not an output file option. I haven't looked at rest yet.
korth

Reply #2
1) When using the Additional command line options shown in 3), Add ID3 Tag would be unchecked for all.
Parameter passing scheme would be set to User Defined Encoder for all.

2) The Use Offset Correction settings were removed from EAC Compression Options
https://www.exactaudiocopy.de/en/index.php/resources/whats-new/whats-new/
November 23, 2010
Finally here is the new version 1.0 beta 1 [...]
– Removed compression offset

3) -o should not be there in the Lame examples. It means:  mark the encoded file as a copy in the MP3 header/stream options. It is not an output file option. I haven't looked at rest yet.
Hi @korth
so  have I to remove the -o only for lame ? but i have to keep for other encoder
would nice to share only the Eac compression options  presets , seeing I guess it's the harder to configure compared to cuetools / cue ripper
thanks korth

Reply #3
Some of these could use some updating but are still a good reference
https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Category:EAC_Guides

You can omit
 -o %dest%
on FLAC but it doesn't hurt anything to leave it in

-o filename, --output-name=filename
    Force the output file name (usually flac just changes the extension). May only be used when encoding a single file. May not be used in conjunction with --output-prefix.

I haven't tested omitting
 -o %dest%
on QAAC
Option for single output:
-o           Specify output filename

I'm on the road today so I'll won't look at your other options till later. Someone will probably answer by then.
korth

Reply #4
quote of 'Additional command line options' strings
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Regarding the 'Additional command line options' strings, I was just looking for something that may cause an error when encoding. I did add a few suggestions.

flac 5 compression
  • -5 is default and can be omitted with the same result.
  • -o %dest% can be omitted with the same result.
  • If you want lyrics add %haslyrics%--tag-from-file=LYRICS="%lyricsfile%"%haslyrics% before %source%
  • If you want cover add %hascover%--picture="%coverfile%"%hascover% before %source%

lame -b 320 and -V 0
  • omit -o
  • %dest% can be omitted with the same result.
  • --vbr-new is default in LAME 3.98 and higher and can be omitted
  • If you want cover add %hascover%--ti "%coverfile%"%hascover% before %source%

When setting Parameter passing scheme to User Defined Encoder the placeholders %islow%…%islow% and %ishigh%…%ishigh% can be used to select from two different encoder options on the External Compression tab using the High quality and Low quality radio buttons.

qaac -V109
  • You cannot have both -V109 and -v%bitrate%. If you want -V109 then remove -v%bitrate%
  • It is usually a good idea to quote placeholders used in tagging, therefore %hascover%--artwork="%coverfile%"%hascover% %haslyrics%--lyrics="%lyricsfile%"%haslyrics% would be better
  • -o %dest% can be omitted with the same result.
  • Your choice on -q setting. -q0 is optimized for speed, -q2 is slower but better quality

A word on -v%bitrate%. When setting Parameter passing scheme to User Defined Encoder the placeholder %bitrate% can be used to select one of the bit rate presets on the External Compression tab.

opus --bitrate 192
  • --vbr is default and can probably be omitted
  • %dest% cannot be omitted (at least I couldn't get it to work without it) and needs to follow %source%

Edit: added quote of 'Additional command line options' strings in spoiler
korth

Reply #5
Hi @korth

first I want to thank you , I really appreciate your help
to recap ,summarize , i did not know Exact Audio Copy can handle and setup the quality and the bitare 
in the first and second screenshot , you show how eac can handle high quality and low quality and in the third even the bitare of qaac!
but about lame high stand for -q 0 and low -q 9 ?
and the third screenshot can eac change qaac bitrate?
but do you think to upload some codec profiles (even wiki eac guide is really well done) ?
I will rip tomorrow , i have waited for it
thanks again
so to summarize ..

so for mp3  using EAC high o low quality control
%islow%-b 320 --add-id3v2 --ignore-tag-errors --ta "%artist%" --tt "%title%" --tg "%genre%" --tl "%albumtitle%" --ty "%year%" --tn "%tracknr%" %hascover%--ti "%coverfile%"%hascover% %source%
-h%islow%%ishigh%-V 0%ishigh% --add-id3v2 --ignore-tag-errors --ta "%artist%" --tt "%title%" --tg "%genre%" --tl "%albumtitle%" --ty "%year%" --tn "%tracknr%" %hascover%--ti "%coverfile%"%hascover% %source%

without EAC high or low quality  control
-b 320 --add-id3v2 --ignore-tag-errors --ta "%artist%" --tt "%title%" --tg "%genre%" --tl "%albumtitle%" --ty "%year%" --tn "%tracknr%" %hascover%--ti "%coverfile%"%hascover% %source%
-v 0 --add-id3v2 --ignore-tag-errors --ta "%artist%" --tt "%title%" --tg "%genre%" --tl "%albumtitle%" --ty "%year%" --tn "%tracknr%" %hascover%--ti "%coverfile%"%hascover% %source%

for qaac
-V109 -q0 --no-smart-padding --title="%title%" --artist="%artist%" --album="%albumtitle%" --composer="%composer%" --genre="%genre%" --date="%year%" --track="%tracknr1%/%numtracks%" --disk="%cdnumber%/%totalcds%" --tag="too:" --tag="stik:1" --tag="rtng:0" %hascover%--artwork="%coverfile%"%hascover% %haslyrics%--lyrics="%lyricsfile%"%haslyrics% %source%

for Flac 8 compression
-8 -V -T "ARTIST=%artist%" -T "TITLE=%title%" -T "ALBUM=%albumtitle%" -T "DATE=%year%" -T "TRACKNUMBER=%tracknr%" -T "GENRE=%genre%" -T "PERFORMER=%albuminterpret%" -T "COMPOSER=%composer%" %haslyrics%--tag-from-file=LYRICS="%lyricsfile%"%haslyrics% -T "ALBUMARTIST=%albumartist%" -T "DISCNUMBER=%cdnumber%" -T "TOTALDISCS=%totalcds%" -T "TOTALTRACKS=%numtracks%" -T "COMMENT=%comment%" %haslyrics%--tag-from-file=LYRICS="%lyricsfile%"%haslyrics% %hascover%--picture="%coverfile%"%hascover% %source% 

edit : korth's correction

Reply #6
but about lame high stand for -q 0 and low -q 9 ?
They could be used that way also.

mp3  using EAC high o low quality control
your %islow%...%islow%%ishigh%...%ishigh% examples are truncated (missing text)

for qaac
missing %source% at end

but do you think to upload some codec profiles (even wiki eac guide is really well done) ?
I can start a wiki page for EAC and Opus but I'm interested in reworking the existing pages at this time.

Note: I had asked for feedback on a rewrite and split of the EAC Compression Options page over 2 years ago and received zero. I had started a rewrite and split of the EAC Options page as well but abandoned that after the lack of interest. I don't even think I have my drafts anymore.
korth

Reply #7
@korth

I have fixed and edit
your %islow%...%islow%%ishigh%...%ishigh% examples are truncated (missing text)
in
%islow%-b 320 --add-id3v2 --ignore-tag-errors --ta "%artist%" --tt "%title%" --tg "%genre%" --tl "%albumtitle%" --ty "%year%" --tn "%tracknr%" %hascover%--ti "%coverfile%"%hascover% %source%
&
-h%islow%%ishigh%-V 0%ishigh% --add-id3v2 --ignore-tag-errors --ta "%artist%" --tt "%title%" --tg "%genre%" --tl "%albumtitle%" --ty "%year%" --tn "%tracknr%" %hascover%--ti "%coverfile%"%hascover% %source%
and for qaac
missing %source% at end
I have added it

Note: I had asked for feedback on a rewrite and split of the EAC Compression Options page over 2 years ago and received zero. I had started a rewrite and split of the EAC Options page as well but abandoned that after the lack of interest. I don't even think I have my drafts anymore.
I'm really sorry , I guess Eac even it's one of the best software around and 100% free , it's pretty hard to setup mostly the encoders settings, above all the encoders settings
thanks again , again appreciate your help

Reply #8
Hi @korth
It's almost off topic ,but i dont want to open a new topic maybe unless
Is there a way to let eac to store accurate rip in thel ossless audio audio (flac in my case) in the tag?
thanks take care

Reply #9
EAC does not provide a placeholder variable that contains AccurateRip information so this cannot be done automatically by EAC using the 'Additional command line options'.

It may be possible to invoke an external program or script but I cannot suggest one that can do this while ripping the CD using EAC.
korth

Reply #10
what i do miss it's a log like eac

Try CUERipper then? IIRC, that writes the AccurateRip tags you were asking for, and an EAC-style log (at least CUETools do).

... note, dBpoweramp can also write an extensive log! But not EAC-style, which e.g. CUETools also can parse.

Reply #11
CUETools can be set to add AccurateRip tags on verify. So verifying the rip after extracting with EAC can add tags as in the following example:
ACCURATERIPID                            : 0017af54-00e115fd-b30daa0c
ACCURATERIPCRC                           : 9516923f
ACCURATERIPDISCID                        : 012-0017af54-00e115fd-b30daa0c-02
ACCURATERIPCOUNT                         : 202
ACCURATERIPCOUNTALLOFFSETS               : 202
ACCURATERIPTOTAL                         : 277
CUETools can also be set to add CTDB tags on verify:
CTDBDISCCONFIDENCE                       : 2707/2886
CTDBTRACKCONFIDENCE                      : 2875/2886

korth

Reply #12
hi @korth
EAC does not provide a placeholder variable that contains AccurateRip information so this cannot be done automatically by EAC using the 'Additional command line options'.

It may be possible to invoke an external program or script but I cannot suggest one that can do this while ripping the CD using EAC.
well , that's a pitty maybe we can suggest for a future update

Hi @Porcus
Try CUERipper then? IIRC, that writes the AccurateRip tags you were asking for, and an EAC-style log (at least CUETools do).

... note, dBpoweramp can also write an extensive log! But not EAC-style, which e.g. CUETools also can parse.
cuetools, cueripper and bluetools are really great freeware
but what I don't like about CueRipper is it does rip 1 track ,  stop to rip and start to encode the track , after restart to rip after it has ripped the second track it does stop to rip and start the encoder.
it's very good tool to rip 1 cd but not a collection , in the whish list , I would like to add ,check ram , if avaible rip ->encode and rip the second and so on , in short keep ripping and encode
and about CueRipper i don't know which/what temp folder does it use , i mean just to speed up
do you think could be added it?
thanks

Reply #13
Yeah, so ... you can set CUERipper to encode to FLAC -0 and then when you are done, run a re-encode.