Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Benefits of aotuv at 256K bitrate (Read 5998 times) previous topic - next topic

Benefits of aotuv at 256K bitrate

My music server encodes to Ogg Vorbis on the fly to 256K.  Are there benefits aotuv would offer me at this bitrate, or are most of the tweaks just applicable at lower bitrates?

Yes, I know that I can ABX this easily enough, but I just want to know if it's worth the trouble to even try to.

Re: Benefits of aotuv at 256K bitrate

Reply #1
Yes, I know that I can ABX this easily enough, but I just want to know if it's worth the trouble to even try to.

No. Vorbis @ 256 kbps is transparent. Most tweaks are done at much lower bitrates, yes.

Reply #2

No. Vorbis @ 256 kbps is transparent. Most tweaks are done at much lower bitrates, yes.

Thank you.

Reply #3
I might be wrong, but I think the current version of aoTuV has been merged into libvorbis, so it should not make any difference anyway.

EDIT: Okay, I actually was wrong. Just found out that my statement is true the other way around: The current aoTuV is based on the latest libvorbis.

Sorry for the confusion :D