Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Output device/driver constantly dropped (Read 3643 times) previous topic - next topic

Output device/driver constantly dropped

Hello everyone!
I just registered and am looking foward to getting some help and sharing what I know.

First off-Is there no search available for forums? I know very well to search for an answer before posting a question, but
I don't see a search box anywhere.

My Problem: For no apparent reason and no changes in hardware or software my Foobar now constantly drops
the output device/driver. Afterr that it's hit and miss selecting other outputs which sometime work and sometimes not - reporting
an error "unrecognizable" something.

Null Output always works in that the music plays but obviously no output. The devices I have are Primary Driver and Speakers, of which MYDAC would be my choice.
I have also installed WASAPI which shows the MyDac under event and push.

But I never know which one will work or just return the error message. Very odd.

All I want is to have it output a digital stream to mty Micromega MyDac, at the highest possible resolution.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

PS-Is it possible to try and eliminate one possible conflct - ie The sound card? I would haven no problem disabling or removing the card if it's
not built into the MB.

Running on XP.

Thanks