Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: %bitspersample_extra% placement  (Read 1630 times) previous topic - next topic

%bitspersample_extra% placement

Hi there
 if i wanted to  include
Code: [Select]
%bitspersample_extra%[code]
  in my current status bar layout where would it go here id my current layout

info(bitspersample)-bit %codec% | %bitrate% kbps | %samplerate% Hz | %channels% | %playback_time%[ / %length%] $if($info(hdcd),'(HDCD:’,) $if(%__hdcd%,PE: %__hdcd_peak_extend% LLE: %__hdcd_gain% TF: %__hdcd_transient_filter%’)’)

Re: %bitspersample_extra% placement

Reply #1
I would add it right after "info(bitspersample)-bit". I'd also suggest adding square brackets in appropriate places so you don't see question marks with formats that don't report specific tech info. Something like:
[$info(bitspersample)-bit[ $info(bitspersample_extra)] ][%codec% | ][%bitrate% kbps | ][%samplerate% Hz | ][%channels% | ]%playback_time%[ / %length%] $if($info(hdcd),'(HDCD:’,) $if(%__hdcd%,PE: %__hdcd_peak_extend% LLE: %__hdcd_gain% TF: %__hdcd_transient_filter%’)’)

Reply #2
 @Case  Ok great thank you also how should it display i have some PCM files its not really showing any extra info

Reply #3
Should it display anything if it is not 32-bit integer?  (Asking since I don't have any of those.)

Reply #4
It only shows something when the data format is ambiguous. Try with these sample files:

Reply #5
It only shows something when the data format is ambiguous.

Oh. Whatever that means. I have just a handful of 32-bit WavPack files converted from .wav - they do not show fixed/floating information.

It only shows something when the data format is ambiguous. Try with these sample files:
Confirmed working here.  Also after converting with back and forth both with fb2k and with wavpack.exe.
Q: does foo_bitcompare give the occasional false "OK" for 32-bit files, like what you (if I understand correctly ...) described here?

Reply #6
I have just a handful of 32-bit WavPack files converted from .wav - they do not show fixed/floating information.
Sounds like you need to reload information from the tracks. The info has always been present in WavPack, I created these test files when this topic popped up.

Q: does foo_bitcompare give the occasional false "OK" for 32-bit files, like what you (if I understand correctly ...) described here?
Yes. Bitcompare only sees 32-bit floating point from the decoders so 64-bit floating point and fixed point formats with over 25 used bits will suffer from rounding. Now that decoders have a method to report for example that 32-bit file isn't in float the component could be changed to warn about the situation.

Reply #7
Sounds like you need to reload information from the tracks.
*facepalm ... * sorry.

Yes. Bitcompare only sees 32-bit floating point from the decoders so 64-bit floating point and fixed point formats with over 25 used bits will suffer from rounding. Now that decoders have a method to report for example that 32-bit file isn't in float the component could be changed to warn about the situation.

If one cares about whether "lossless is lossless" is a true statement, then that is a good idea.