Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Bilderman 1.3.3 (Read 7164 times) previous topic - next topic

Bilderman 1.3.3

If anybody is interested, I have released a new version of Bilderman, my screen capture utility. Screenshot filenames now include timestamps, so files are no longer overwritten and also a tray icon menu has been added. Get it here.

Homepage:
http://www.burrrn.net/?page_id=39

Bilderman 1.3.3

Reply #1
If anybody is interested, I have released a new version of Bilderman, my screen capture utility. Screenshot filenames now include timestamps, so files are no longer overwritten and also a tray icon menu has been added. Get it here.

Homepage:
http://www.burrrn.net/

Yay! I'd tried it before, and the overwriting thing was what made me lose interest. Thank you.

Bilderman 1.3.3

Reply #2
hi
can it capture screenshots from playing movies (every other app seems to have issues with that), and games?

Bilderman 1.3.3

Reply #3
hi
can it capture screenshots from playing movies (every other app seems to have issues with that), and games?

No, it doesn't work with videos.
we was young an' full of beans

Bilderman 1.3.3

Reply #4
hi

Make sure your player doesn't use overlay (eg. in Media Player Classic use another renderer), then you can use printscreen or any screenshot app (MPC also has a handy screenshot function built in).

Bilderman 1.3.3

Reply #5
hi

Try the video player VLC whihc has a "snapshot" function in the "video" pull-down menu.   
Nov schmoz kapop.

Bilderman 1.3.3

Reply #9
Thanks for the Bilderman, Gambit.

It would be nice to have an option to reduce bit depth to 8bit without dithering applied (256 colours in indexed pattern, non-dithered is better for compression), so the resulting screenshot will be significantly smaller in size.

Bilderman 1.3.3

Reply #10
cool, very cool

Bilderman 1.3.3

Reply #11
It would be nice to have an option to reduce bit depth to 8bit without dithering applied (256 colours in indexed pattern, non-dithered is better for compression), so the resulting screenshot will be significantly smaller in size.
Problem is the selection of indexed values. Do you optimize based on the most significant hue? Or make an average/standard index table and force the colors with a nearest-match algorithm?

Better to save it as a full RGB then process it with other programs. IrfanView is good enough, and free to boot

Bilderman 1.3.3

Reply #12
Bilderman 1.3.2
  - added "Open folder" to the tray icon menu
  - fixed a bug where the pop-up window would not be the top most window

Bilderman 1.3.3

Reply #13
Sweet! thanks Gambit!
we was young an' full of beans

Bilderman 1.3.3

Reply #15
Due to the current technical difficulties that burrrn.net is having, and the unavailability of Bilderman, I've 7zipped the executable and stuck it on a webserver of mine that doesn't have a bandwidth cap. I hope this helps anyone trying to find the application.

Bilderman v1.3.3.0. Get it here