Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Equalizing the Superlux HD668B (Read 9191 times) previous topic - next topic

Equalizing the Superlux HD668B

Hi Folks,

Due to some recommendations here on the forum I got myself some Superlux HD668B recently, and they sound pretty great overall. There is just one problem:
They are really unbalanced with the 10 db peak at 7khz imo, so I started to experiment a bit with the equalizer in Foobar and finally made the following settings:

110 hz: -2
5 khz:  -4
7 khz:  -9 
10 khz: -3

Sounds a lot more pleasant for me, but now I have the problem that many snares kinda "creak" like a bad oiled bycicle. Does someone know how to fix it without blowing the overall sound up? Experiences with other equalizer settings for these Headphones are also very welcome, btw.

Equalizing the Superlux HD668B

Reply #3
gives me some sort of "clipping" sounds whenever I use it unfortunately, even without positive gain at the bands
Positive gain is not required to induce clipping. Try reducing gain (usually popping ReplayGain on is sufficient) and/or using a limiter.