Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Trouble with TTA and CUE files (Read 3247 times) previous topic - next topic

Trouble with TTA and CUE files

I have a problem with CUE files and TTA files.  Here is the top of a CUE sheet for a TTA file:

REM DISCID 8C094C0B
REM COMMENT "ExactAudioCopy v0.95b2"
FILE "CDImage.tta" The True Audio

However, if I use this, Foobar will stick the cue file in the playlist and produce this error when I try to play it:
"Error parsing cuesheet: invalid FILE syntax (line 3))"

If I change "The True Audio" to read WAVE like this:

REM DISCID 8C094C0B
REM COMMENT "ExactAudioCopy v0.95b2"
FILE "CDImage.tta" WAVE

Foobar accepts the cue file and divides the tracks properly.

Is there a reason for this?

Reply #1
foobar2000 is VERY strict when it comes to CUE sheets. "The True Audio" is NOT part of the CUE sheet specification and therefore, foobar2000 produces an error.

Reply #2
foobar2000 is VERY strict when it comes to CUE sheets. "The True Audio" is NOT part of the CUE sheet specification and therefore, foobar2000 produces an error.

I see, thanks for your reply.  I suppose for FLAC or TTA I'll have to arbitrarily use MP3 or WAVE tags in CUE sheets from now on.

Reply #3
use WAV since both TTA and FLAC are lossless