Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Help Title Bar Scrolling Song Name (Read 5358 times) previous topic - next topic

Help Title Bar Scrolling Song Name

Hi, Can someone teach me how to make foobar scroll the song name in the title bar and the taskbar please 

Reply #1
try using this, maybe the code is a bit "old", but it works for me
Code: [Select]
// PerSecond
$if($or(%ispaused%,%isplaying%),
    $settitle(
        $if($meta(album artist),
        $puts(windowtitle,%title%         )
        $puts(windowtitle,%artist% - %title%         )
        )
        $puts(time,%_time_elapsed_seconds%)
        $substr($get(windowtitle),$mod($get(time),$add($len($get(windowtitle)),2)),$len($get(windowtitle)))$repeat($get(windowtitle),3)
        $get(windowtitle)
    )
    $settitle(Foobar is stopped)
)

Reply #2
Hi. Looks like a cool idea, but where does this code go? I've tried it in panelsui code and a trackinfo mod, but it doesn't seem to do anything. What exactly does $settitle do?
If at first you don't succeed, so much for hang-gliding

Reply #3
try using this, maybe the code is a bit "old", but it works for me
// PerSecond
$if($or(%ispaused%,%isplaying%),
    $settitle(
        $if($meta(album artist),
        $puts(windowtitle,%title%         )
        $puts(windowtitle,%artist% - %title%         )
        )
        $puts(time,%_time_elapsed_seconds%)
        $substr($get(windowtitle),$mod($get(time),$add($len($get(windowtitle)),2)),$len($get(windowtitle)))$repeat($get(windowtitle),3)
        $get(windowtitle)
    )
    $settitle(Foobar is stopped)
)

Hi, i try to put it but i dont know if im doing something wrong, it says UNKNOWN FUNCTION and doesnt make anything. Loo at the screenshot.
I just got foobar 3 days a go, im a noob   
Im using foobar 0.9.4.3 and panels ui with FofR Version 0.9.1

Reply #4
ok. You must not puts the code there. you have to put it in the config of your PanelsUI. look at the screen.
the code have to stand in the // PerSecond section. so search in the text box for the string and paste it below.
be sure you have the latest version of panelsUI (0.13.8)

if you are using the FofR config: i think it's better if you commnet the original code (in the first lines)
$settitle($if(%isplaying%,[%artist% -] %title% '['%cwb_playback_order%']',foobar2000 - $getpvar(notrack)))
and edit it to
//$settitle($if(%isplaying%,[%artist% -] %title% '['%cwb_playback_order%']',foobar2000 - $getpvar(notrack)))

hope it works for you as well

Reply #5
ok. You must not puts the code there. you have to put it in the config of your PanelsUI. look at the screen.
the code have to stand in the // PerSecond section. so search in the text box for the string and paste it below.
be sure you have the latest version of panelsUI (0.13.8)
[a href="http://img236.imageshack.us/my.php?image=namenlosgr8.png" target="_blank"]
and whats the last code for?

Reply #6
I just realized that when you minimize it doesnt scroll anymore.... Do you have the same  problem?

Reply #7
Scrolling faster? maybe. i'll take a look on this (it's really slow...)
the "last code" mod is just that you haven't have the $settitle() code twice in your config (hope the sentence is english )
it doesn't scroll if the window is minimized, too. it's a issue of PanelsUI. maybe it will be fixed in future versions.