Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Album Art - Web Radio (Read 6884 times) previous topic - next topic

Album Art - Web Radio

I listen to streaming web radio stations like Radio Paradise with foobar2000. The cover art for the songs played by the station is visible in a program like RadioSure, but not in the Album Art Viewer in foobar2000. It is probably something very obvious that I am missing, but Is there a way to fix this?

Album Art - Web Radio

Reply #1
I do not think there is an obvious solution that you have missed, but you can save the radio station logo images and enter an appropriate search pattern to find them in preferences/display/album art. I use $if($strstr(%path%,'://'),C:\Program Files\foobar2000\images\$cut(%title%,11).png) as one of the front cover patterns and name the image, e.g. Radio Parad.png. I cut names to 11 characters as some titles are long. This works because foobar2000 shows most radio station names statically in the properties/track title field, even though the dynamic title changes as the tracks change. With appropriate title formatting you could use alternatives such as the url or file path instead, which are also shown in properties.

Album Art - Web Radio

Reply #2
I use $if($strstr(%path%,'://'),C:\Program Files\foobar2000\images\$cut(%title%,11).png) as one of the front cover patterns and name the image, e.g. Radio Parad.png.... This works because foobar2000 shows most radio station names statically in the properties/track title field, even though the dynamic title changes as the tracks change.

Thanks very much for this.  I am using it.  And for stations that don't show their names in the title field, I use this:

$ifequal($strcmp($left(%path%,5),http:),1,d:\foobar\radio.jpg,)

(my foobar data files are on my D drive, and I have given the name "radio.jpg" to the image I use for these stations.)  This is adapted from a member post here from a year or two ago.  I can't locate the original.
N.

Album Art - Web Radio

Reply #3
I believe the Radio Paradise stream references the cover art for the song playing on it’s website. For instance, I think the path for the cover of one song was this - http:www.radioparadise.com/graphics/covers/m/B000002TQV.jpg. Is there a way to have a “catch all” string to access cover art like this? Somehow Radiosure does it.

I pasted the format strings both you guys posted into the front cover art listing under the regular ones and it did not seem to do anything. I have set a stub image path that still shows up for stations like Radio Paradise. I am just stumbling around with this, so I probably don’t understand what you guys are telling me. I sure do appreciate the help though.

Album Art - Web Radio

Reply #4
Hi, I'm interested in the same thing. I listen Radio Paradise most of the time and I know it has album art in the radio stream, but doesn't display in foobar. Does anyone how to make it display in foobar album art panel ? Thanks.