Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_enhanced_spectrum_analyzer (Read 46853 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_enhanced_spectrum_analyzer

Reply #75
Sure no problem. So where are these settings stored currently? Least I might be able to back up manually?
I see they aren't in the Configuration folder, is there a reason for that? If that's easier to implement, I'd be happy with just that.
foobar2000  x64

Reply #76
Default UI users can already backup/restore any UI element (or combination of). They just have to enable layout editing mode, right click the UI element, Copy and then Paste in windows explorer where you'll get a .fth file containing the per instance data that this component writes.

You can then copy from Windows Explorer later and Paste back in to a layout.

Reply #77
Great tip, unfortunately I don't think I can go back to the DefaultUI after finding the CustomUI!
foobar2000  x64

Reply #78
One other FR if I may...
In the Musical Spectrum plugin (foo_musical_spectrum), there's an option to choose Vertical/Horizontal styles, 3 of each in fact. I prefer style 'Vertical C' as it shows all colours not just the bottom ones.

Also, regarding the colouring, if you set the colours vertically, as shown in the settings page, they work fine, but I would suggest changing the horizontal layout of the colours as the red should represent the higher end of the spectrum, don't you think?
foobar2000  x64

Reply #79
Where can we download the latest version? Link in the OP just recurses back to itself...

I released a the new version 1.9.2.0 for 32 and 64 bit. The component still supports Columns UI and Default UI.

You can download the new version in the download forum https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,116014.msg1026710.html#msg1026710
or directly via this link: https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=116014.0;attach=25588

Changes
- REMOVED: Experimental crest calculation.
- NEW: Improved detection of maximum values (10 values).
- NEW: Calibration line (experimental).
- NEW: Possibility to deactivate the border line (window frame)
- NEW: Possibility to use 6 colours in horizontal or vertical mode
- NEW: Tilt parameter to adapt the spectrum to human hearing

Thank you, this is great!

Reply #80
One other FR if I may...
In the Musical Spectrum plugin (foo_musical_spectrum), there's an option to choose Vertical/Horizontal styles, 3 of each in fact. I prefer style 'Vertical C' as it shows all colours not just the bottom ones.

Also, regarding the colouring, if you set the colours vertically, as shown in the settings page, they work fine, but I would suggest changing the horizontal layout of the colours as the red should represent the higher end of the spectrum, don't you think?
Yes, this is possible. But the default colour selection has to be a compromise between the vertical and the horizontal gradient. I don't like the red colour so much in the default mode. But you are free to change it as you like.

Reply #81
Thanks Crossover, beautiful work!  For an upcoming version I would suggest adding an export/import settings ability, which would make us "tinkerers" a lot braver in trying new settings and values--appreciate your consideration.

Reply #82
Thanks Crossover, beautiful work!  For an upcoming version I would suggest adding an export/import settings ability, which would make us "tinkerers" a lot braver in trying new settings and values--appreciate your consideration.
Thanks, yes, OK, I will take this into consideration  :D 

Reply #83
Thanks...
foobar2000  x64

Reply #84
Thanks Crossover, awesome plugin! Couple of questions / requests:
1. For the dB text (left side) and Hz text (bottom), would it be possible to have the option to customize the font style and text size (the text is currently very small and hard to read on my layout)?
2. For the dB text (left side), would it be possible to have the option to move this to the right side?
3. For the Hz text (bottom), would it be possible to have the option to select a different Hz range or at least select how many Hz numbers (20, 50, 100, 200, etc.) are used to label the axis (maybe something like how the default spectrum plugin has the option to select 10/20/40/80/160 bands)?

Thanks again and keep up the great work!

Reply #85
Crossover:  can you confirm that version 1.9.2.0 on Foobar v2 64-bit is showing the pre-DSP audio spectrum as opposed to 0.9.4.2, which on Foobar 1.6.16 appears to show the post-DSP spectrum, at least in terms of dB?  Or is this affected by the new "Tilt" parameter (which I admit I don't completely understand)?

Reply #86
Thanks Crossover,A very significant update, the new version is eye-catching!

Reply #87

Fantastic! Thank you so much for bringing this to 64bit.
Buuut, something seems off with how some of the colors display. The blue line on the right is supposed to appear like the one on the left. Actually, in this image, the blue line on the right should technically appear even more intense, since I maxed out the saturation, but it's still quite weak.

Alpha & the other configuration options don't seem to affect this.

Reply #88
1. For the dB text (left side) and Hz text (bottom), would it be possible to have the option to customize the font style and text size (the text is currently very small and hard to read on my layout)?
Thanks! OK, may be I'll add a font dialog or a font size edit control
2. For the dB text (left side), would it be possible to have the option to move this to the right side?
I will check if I can add a right label check box.
3. For the Hz text (bottom), would it be possible to have the option to select a different Hz range or at least select how many Hz numbers (20, 50, 100, 200, etc.) are used to label the axis (maybe something like how the default spectrum plugin has the option to select 10/20/40/80/160 bands)?
I'll try to add a "half of the values" check box.

Reply #89
Crossover:  can you confirm that version 1.9.2.0 on Foobar v2 64-bit is showing the pre-DSP audio spectrum as opposed to 0.9.4.2, which on Foobar 1.6.16 appears to show the post-DSP spectrum, at least in terms of dB?  Or is this affected by the new "Tilt" parameter (which I admit I don't completely understand)?
Yes, the component shows the spectrum before the DSP stack. If you want to measure exact values, please set the tilt value to 0 dB. A tilt value > 0 tilts the spectrum at 1 kHz with a slope given in dB per octave. This was the main reason for me to build the new version. Cause only with the tilt setting you can easily asses the spectrum of a recording. A tilt value of 4.5 dB is the best value in my opinion. But you can also use 3 dB.

Reply #90
Fantastic! Thank you so much for bringing this to 64bit.
Buuut, something seems off with how some of the colors display. The blue line on the right is supposed to appear like the one on the left. Actually, in this image, the blue line on the right should technically appear even more intense, since I maxed out the saturation, but it's still quite weak.
Alpha & the other configuration options don't seem to affect this.
It is not the same component, so the results may be different. The reason for the lower intensity is the internal alpha value (128) I used to draw the line. I will add an alpha edit control for the line in the options dialog. This should solve the problem.

Reply #91
Yes, the component shows the spectrum before the DSP stack.
I tested on 32 bit foobar2000 2.0 with built-in equalizer DSP with component version 1.9.2.0 ans it shows spectrum after DSP.

Reply #92
Yes, the component shows the spectrum before the DSP stack.
I tested on 32 bit foobar2000 2.0 with built-in equalizer DSP with component version 1.9.2.0 ans it shows spectrum after DSP.
You are absolutely right. My mistake. I have already posted this general behaviour here: https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,123954.msg1024880.html#msg1024880 The spectrum analyzer uses also the visualisation manager stream.

Reply #93
Hi,Crossover
The latest version 1.9.2.0 has a relatively high CPU usage rate, reaching around 20% on my laptop i7-6700HQ
Can you optimize the CPU usage?

Reply #94
Hi,Crossover
The latest version 1.9.2.0 has a relatively high CPU usage rate, reaching around 20% on my laptop i7-6700HQ
Can you optimize the CPU usage?
I always do performance diagnostics for my components. There is not much potential, but there is. I will take a closer look.
But you can also massively reduce the CPU load by adjusting the settings. Especially by the parameters I marked in the attached picture.
X

Reply #95
Hi,

This is a  great component! Very easy to set up just as I like it.
Two small suggestions if I may:
1. It would be great if the loudness range could be customized. I'd love to be able to set the max displayed values at -10db for example.
2, There seems to be some sync issue that needs attention. The Spectrum seems to show the analysis about 500ms before the actual playback (at least for me). It can be easily seen when putting the default spectrum analyzer and yours side-by-side.

Thanks for the great plugin!

Reply #96
Hi,

This is a  great component! Very easy to set up just as I like it.
Two small suggestions if I may:
1. It would be great if the loudness range could be customized. I'd love to be able to set the max displayed values at -10db for example.
2, There seems to be some sync issue that needs attention. The Spectrum seems to show the analysis about 500ms before the actual playback (at least for me). It can be easily seen when putting the default spectrum analyzer and yours side-by-side.

Thanks for the great plugin!
Thanks.
Point 1 is on the list now, but I can't promise it for the next release. 
Regarding point 2, I will have to take a closer look. It seems that there is a dependency between the FFT size and the delay.

Reply #97
Forgive me for being massively ignorant. Help me understand. When I compare this and the stock spectrum analyzer by Peter, I noticed the bands don't match at all. On Peter's when a song with only deep bass is playing, you can see the bands on the far left respond predominately, but this is not the case with this component.

How do I mirror the performance of Peter's using this component?

Reply #98
On Peter's when a song with only deep bass is playing, you can see the bands on the far left respond predominately, but this is not the case with this component.
That's because they are using different frequency scales.  Peter's using 40 bars starts at about 50Hz on the left end, running to about 23kHz on the right.  Enhanced Spectrum starts at a lower frequency, around 10Hz on the left, to about 24kHz on the right.  If you have some music that is peaking around 50-60 Hz, that figure lies on the extreme left of Peter's chosen scale, while the same frequency range is farther to right on Enhanced Spectrum (be sure the option "Bottom labels" are checked to see the frequency scale).  You are looking at the correct amplitude in both cases.

Reply #99
@sveakul I appreciate the explanation. I understand now, thank you.