Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9 (Read 273563 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #275
There's a typo in the Fix VBR header dialog, second paragraph

• Include window sizes into exported config files. Very often, clean display of column widths and album art viewer sizes depend on pixel-exact window sizes, so it might be useful to include them into the export files. if someone (like me) plans to switch between two different views, (s)he doesn't have to do the resizing all the time...

Try locking the splitters containing these elements (right click on the splitter bar).

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #276
I really love the new foobar2000.
What I miss is, though, where can I now add the formatting strings for the actual playlist?
Mind, with the new layout options I might not need it, but I had a really nice one which assigned random colors to artists and I might like something similar ...

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #277
Has anyone else noticed that foo_albumlist now seems to be dependent on foo_ui_std?  If you remove the standard interface (and use columns ui or something), going to the library menu and clicking "album list", or going to the preferences and activating the list from there do nothing (no window shows up).  Not good.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #278
Has anyone else noticed that foo_albumlist now seems to be dependent on foo_ui_std?  If you remove the standard interface (and use columns ui or something), going to the library menu and clicking "album list", or going to the preferences and activating the list from there do nothing (no window shows up).  Not good.

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....p;hl=foo_ui_std

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #279

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....p;hl=foo_ui_std

So yeah.  But in my defense, that post was NOT very search-friendly 
Thanks!

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #280
!!!THANKS TO PETER FOR THE NEW GREAT DEFAULT UI!!!
(Now I don't know which UI to use: Default, Columns or Panels...)

I have a few proposals:
1. It would be nice if I could select a number of fields in Selection Properties panel and copy/cut/delete/paste them. And if preferences of the panel (table: metadata/location/general/replay gain/other) would appears when I right-click columns headers of the panel.
2. Antialiasing in Spectrum panel.
3. I would like Album Art Viewer panel to be much more configurable (i.e. I store pics in other folders, with other names...).
4. I would like to have Lyrics panel, Peakmeter panel.
5. It would be nice if the buttons (stop, play and other) would be configurable and skinable like in UI Columns.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #281

• Include window sizes into exported config files. Very often, clean display of column widths and album art viewer sizes depend on pixel-exact window sizes, so it might be useful to include them into the export files. if someone (like me) plans to switch between two different views, (s)he doesn't have to do the resizing all the time...

Try locking the splitters containing these elements (right click on the splitter bar).

Thanks for the advice!

However, as I explained some posts below, this doesn't help in my case, since the splitter lock only works in one direction... Furthermore, saving the window size in export files  would make sharing configurations much easier. Actually, it's an important part of any DUI configuration, isn't it (even the display of maximised-window-configs is dependent on the screen resolution)?

frncle

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #282
I second fooruncle's request. It's quite inconvenient to resize window after importing some config or even just applying the layout from scratchbox.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #283
Is there going to be another beta release, or should we expect the offical release next?

(I know the know/fixed issues page mentions beta4, but that may just be the official release)
elevatorladylevitateme

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #284
Beta 4 is there since a couple hours.

Issues fixed in beta 4

* Bug: "Reset Page" doesn't reset playback state display formatting settings in Preferences / Display / Default User Interface.
    * Glitch: When starting playback of slow-to-open files/streams, status bar still shows "stopped".
    * Glitch: MP3 decoder was using wrong compiler settings, resulting in a slowdown.
    * Regression: Some Converter error messages less readable than in pre-0.9.5.
    * Usability: "Send to Playlist" dialog is modal.
    * Usability: "Create Album List View from These Items" dialog content doesn't update with moving/deleting files.
    * Bug: When using the copy command in album list and pasting the result in search filter the last letter is not copied
    * Usability: Open Audio CD dialog: "Add To Playlist" button not disabled when currently active playlist is an autoplaylist
    * Usability: Open Audio CD dialog: "Open Audio CD..." menu command spawns another dialog instead of activating already existing one when one already exists
    * Usability: Open Audio CD dialog: "Rip" button not always grayed out when Converter component is not available

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #285
i don't like the new equalizer, there's no numbers for the level, can't u add them like in the old version?

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #286
when I do a file operations rename - there is no way to auto capitalize file names, like there is when you tag files.

i guess the work around is to tag first and then rename the files accordingly

additionally when i do a file rename and when changing one file to another based on my naming standards - sometimes I get a duplicate - it it possible to have an option to delete if already exists perhaps based on name / file size / bit rate - I think this would be a good option.

i like the notification to say there were failed attempts to rename but maybe a better dialogue box could be created or a list of left hand side vs right hand side and then you can tick the file to keep and the one to overwrite..

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #288
No, foobar2000 0.9.5 betas and foo_utils 0.6.2 betas are not correlated.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #289
Just registered to say Thank You! to all the folks who made this release possible.
I am in love with the new Default UI. Everything is stable and working well.

There are a few things i would like to suggest / ask though:

1• I used to have keyboard shortcuts to some of the context-menu Tag Scripts to rate the current playing file quickly. What would be the alternative now that it seems there are is no Edit Tag dialogue? It is simply too cumbersome to open the Properties dialog and fill in the RATING tag manually.

2• What happened to the Buttons? even the buttons with beta3 seemed to be fine, pretty nice and simple. The buttons with beta4 seem to be distorted and uglier siblings. Custom buttons would be fine as suggested earlier, if the process can it can be kept simple, but the default buttons should at least be usable!

3• It would be nice if there were some option to customize at least the Group Header Text in the Playlist View Groups, or some way to shade groupings.

4• Is there a way i can customize the filenames that the new Album Art Viewer searches for in a folder. What does it look for by default?

5• I prefer the default seekbar slider prior to 0.9.5. It was 'Sharper'. (I am on XP with Themes disabled.)

6• Numbers indicating the amplification levels in the Equalizer (as it used to be earlier) would be great.

Thats all as of now. Will Play some more and get back.
Thank you Again.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #290
1• I used to have keyboard shortcuts to some of the context-menu Tag Scripts to rate the current playing file quickly. What would be the alternative now that it seems there are is no Edit Tag dialogue? It is simply too cumbersome to open the Properties dialog and fill in the RATING tag manually.

The masstagger is not an optional component, its command is now called "Tagging/Manage Scripts". However, for simple things like rating, the new Quick Tagger is easier. See the optional components page for both.

3• It would be nice if there were some option to customize at least the Group Header Text in the Playlist View Groups, or some way to shade groupings.

You can already create custom grouping schemes. See Preferences > Display > Default User Interface > Playlist View.

See Known Issues and Feature Proposals and recent posts for answers to your other questions.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #291
thanks Foosion for your reply and patience. didn't notice the Quick Tagger optional component earlier.

i meant customizing the color/font/background/border etc. i guess:
# Feature: Color and tab rendering in custom columns ($rgb and $tab)
would be a step in that direction.

and here are some more Thoughts...

1• one thing i haven't been able to achieve is the display of lyrics without the use of UIpanels in the default UI. I think the Selection Properties UI Element can be made more powerful if one can choose what information is displayed via Title Formatting, thereby displaying embedded Lyrics if i want it to. Also, as of now when i click on the fields in Selection Properties it shows an editable box, but i can't edit the data. If the data could be directly edited for some of the fields, it would be quite useful  to edit some tags quickly e.g. Comments etc. (In a way it would intuitively provide the functionality of the InfoBox plugin)

2• the search box could be available as an UI Element, displaying/updating the results in a Playlist.

3• i have always missed the ability to browse the playlist with keyboard alphabets i.e. for example, in iTunes, if the playlist is sorted by artist and i press the 'R' key on the keyboard, i am brought to the first artist track that starts with R and so on... Its a default Explorer behaviour. It would a nice addition that would make browsing simpler (though i don't know if its simple to implement!).

4• is there a way to save the sorting schemes (formatting patterns) in Edit>Sort>Sort by.... (i am sorry if this is too generic a question and not appropriate for this thread.)

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #292
foosion,

The feature proposals post wasn't updated for 3 weeks, maybe it's time to do so? This would be great. Thanks!

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #293
i don't like the new equalizer, there's no numbers for the level, can't u add them like in the old version?

That's because they don't want you to know how many dB's you in- or decrease an eq-band 
But that doesn't matter actually... it's always those gigantic 1 dB-steps... a very special feature for more or less deaf people, courtesy of foobar 
Back off haters - strictly love we deal with.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #294
would it be possible to add an option to ditch that gradient shading of every toolbar component in final?
it ain't working on customized layout, my foobar looks like patched up frankenstein. also if that "order" word could be kicked out of "playback order" component it would be great.
[a href="http://img135.imageshack.us/my.php?image=clipboard03ay4.jpg" target="_blank"]

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #295
Bug in
Preferences->File types:
When I press column header "Discription", icons in left column did not sort out correctly.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #296
I loved the 0.9.5 beta 3, so I was really excited to upgrade to b4. I used that new customizable interface as much as I could: nothing fancy only the elements that came standard in the interface designer.

However, now whenever I have FB2K running and switch windows, and come back to FB2K, the previous window image is "stuck" in the playlist window. Even if I minimize and bring the window back, it does not show the playlist section. I uninstalled everything from the b4 and went back to the b3 but the bug persists, which makes this more frustrating.

I take immaculate care of my computer. This is getting annoying since I haven't installed anything new. Any one else experience this problem?
OP can't edit initial post when a solution is determined  :'-(

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #297
However, now whenever I have FB2K running and switch windows, and come back to FB2K, the previous window image is "stuck" in the playlist window. Even if I minimize and bring the window back, it does not show the playlist section. I uninstalled everything from the b4 and went back to the b3 but the bug persists, which makes this more frustrating.

I've had it on and off with all the betas. My problems always occured in the facet windows, but have stopped since the upgrade to the 11/10 versions of facets.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #298
Problem with last version (0.9.5beta5) - not work "install for all users"...

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #299
Works fine for me though ...
A totally fresh install or an update above beta 4? Since I did an install above beta 4, "install for all users". I don't know whether it's vital information, but describing the situation can't be too bad.