Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MAREO 6: With CUE Sheet Support (Read 72978 times) previous topic - next topic

MAREO 6: With CUE Sheet Support

Reply #25
Can you explain how to accomplish the CUE sheet in more detail, perhaps with a very specific example?

I can successfully rip both .mp3 and .flac but wish to have a CUE sheet created as well....here's my .ini.

Just tel EAC to create a CUE, and when the "save as" diaglog with confirmation of the cue appears, call it mareo.cue

MAREO should work from there.

Reply #26

Can you explain how to accomplish the CUE sheet in more detail, perhaps with a very specific example?

I can successfully rip both .mp3 and .flac but wish to have a CUE sheet created as well....here's my .ini.

Just tel EAC to create a CUE, and when the "save as" diaglog with confirmation of the cue appears, call it mareo.cue

MAREO should work from there.

Thanks worked great...

Now have a question why when I the first track by itself the file tags seem to work such as [TRACK] - [ARTIST] - [TITLE] but when I rip more than one at time with EAC the first track is always wrong.  It looks exactly like the .cue file name

IE the disc has three tracks and I rip all three at the same time with EAC the folder contains the following titles using the tags as above.  The cue fillename is [ARTIST] - [ALBUM].

artist - album.cue
artist - album.flac
02 - artist - track2.flac
03 - artist - track3.flac

I'm using .mareo as the extenstion in EAC, but have also tried simply XXX as well with no change in result.

Reply #27
weird, post the logs.

Reply #28
* MAREO - Multiple Applications Runner for EAC and Others *
* Copyright 2003-2007 by Kwanbis -- Under the GPL License *
* Version 6.0b2 - Home Page at http://www.webearce.com.ar *
* Developed with Borland Delphi http://borland.com/delphi *

*** Received Command Line ***

"C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\mareo.exe" mareo.ini "F:\Music\0tmp4)!3-.wav" "F:\Music\0tmp4)!3-.mareo" "Human" "Falling You" "An Angel, Ameliorate" "09" "2006" "Electronic"

*** Parsed Parameters ***

INIFILE      (%1) = C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\mareo.ini
[SOURCE]      (%2) = F:\Music\0tmp4)!3-.wav
[DESTTMP]    (%3) = F:\Music\0tmp4)!3-.mareo
[ARTIST]      (%4) = Human
[ALBUM]      (%5) = Falling You
[TITLE]      (%6) = An Angel, Ameliorate
[TRACK]      (%7) = 9
[YEAR]        (%8) = 2006
[GENRE]      (%9) = Electronic

*** INI Parameters ***

Padding Zeros      = 2
DeleteWavFile      = TRUE
CorrectionChar    = _

*** PROCESSING ENCODER ORDER # 1 ***

EXECUTE IF            = TRUE

NEW EXTENSION          = mp3

TEMPORAL FULL NAME    = F:\Music\0tmp4)!3-.mp3
TEMPORAL PATH ONLY    = F:\Music
TEMPORAL NAME ONLY    = 0tmp4)!3-

RENAME FINAL FILE      = TRUE

FINAL FULL NAME        = F:\Music\Human - Falling You V0 VBR -new\09 - An Angel, Ameliorate.mp3
FINAL PATH ONLY        = F:\Music\Human - Falling You V0 VBR -new
FINAL NAME ONLY        = 09 - An Angel, Ameliorate

EXECUTING: C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\LAME\lame.exe -V0 --vbr-new --ignore-tag-errors --ta "Human" --tl "Falling You" --tt "An Angel, Ameliorate" --tn "9" --ty "2006" --tg "Electronic" "F:\Music\0tmp4)!3-.wav"  "F:\Music\0tmp4)!3-.mp3"

EXECUTION: SUCCESS

DIRECTORY "F:\Music\Human - Falling You V0 VBR -new" allready exists.

RENAMING: F:\Music\0tmp4)!3-.mp3 =] F:\Music\Human - Falling You V0 VBR -new\09 - An Angel, Ameliorate.mp3 ... SUCCESS

*** PROCESSING ENCODER ORDER # 2 ***

EXECUTE IF            = TRUE

NEW EXTENSION          = flac

TEMPORAL FULL NAME    = F:\Music\0tmp4)!3-.flac
TEMPORAL PATH ONLY    = F:\Music
TEMPORAL NAME ONLY    = 0tmp4)!3-

RENAME FINAL FILE      = TRUE

FINAL FULL NAME        = F:\Music\Human - Falling You FLAC -5\09 - An Angel, Ameliorate.flac
FINAL PATH ONLY        = F:\Music\Human - Falling You FLAC -5
FINAL NAME ONLY        = 09 - An Angel, Ameliorate

EXECUTING: C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\Flac\flac.exe -5 "F:\Music\0tmp4)!3-.wav" -o "F:\Music\0tmp4)!3-.flac" -T artist="Human" -T album="Falling You" -T title="An Angel, Ameliorate" -T tracknumber="9" -T date="2006" -T genre="Electronic"

EXECUTION: SUCCESS

DIRECTORY "F:\Music\Human - Falling You FLAC -5" allready exists.

RENAMING: F:\Music\0tmp4)!3-.flac =] F:\Music\Human - Falling You FLAC -5\09 - An Angel, Ameliorate.flac ... SUCCESS

*** Encoder Orders Ends ***

DeleteWaveFile is TRUE.

DELETING: F:\Music\0tmp4)!3-.wav ... SUCCESS

*** DONE ***

NO errors ocurred.

Reply #29
that's no CUE log. Are you sure that is ok?

Reply #32
Wow, I just discovered this tool last night, after spending 20+ hours to rip 50 CDs. I rip, compress to FLAC and MP3, and delete the WAV files. Up to now, that was about 10 separate operations:

1) Create lossless and mp3 directories for each CD
2) Rip with EAC and compress to MP3 w/Lame.
3) Compress WAV files to FLAC w/Flac Frontend
4) Delete WAV files
5) Move FLAC files to lossless dir
6) create ffp file
7) Move mp3 files to mp3 dir
8) Move m3u file to mp3 dir
9) create md5 file
10) Copy EAC log file to both dir

This took a minimum of 20 minutes.

After a couple of hours of figuring out what went where, I'm up and running with Mareo and doing the majority of those steps in one operation.

What a Godsend! Thank you, I've got about 600 more CDs to go!

Nice to haves, if you ever get time...I think some of these might be possible if I were more clever. Anyone?

1) For various artist CDs, accept "Various", "Various Artist(s)", "VA", as well as "V.A." to use the VA naming scheme. Or make the list configurable via the ini file.

2) Have the ability to run a md5 or ffp utility after the last track. For Flac, the Flac Frontend was configurable to create an ffp file, was that a function of Flac or Flac Frontend?

3) Have the ability to create a mp3 playlist in the designated mp3 dir after the last track. EAC can create it, but how to get it to the mp3 dir?

4) Have the ability to copy the EAC generated log file to the directories created, before the first track.

Thanks, excellent tool. Any help for the above itesm would be appreciated.

David Chinese Bookie

Reply #33

my pleasure

1) For various artist CDs, accept "Various", "Various Artist(s)", "VA", as well as "V.A." to use the VA naming scheme. Or make the list configurable via the ini file.

Problems is that as soon as you type some of them, EAC detects them. I would take a which ones can be used.

2) Have the ability to run a md5 or ffp utility after the last track. For Flac, the Flac Frontend was configurable to create an ffp file, was that a function of Flac or Flac Frontend?

It probably can be done. Let me find a good comand line tool to add.

3) Have the ability to create a mp3 playlist in the designated mp3 dir after the last track. EAC can create it, but how to get it to the mp3 dir?

would take a look.

4) Have the ability to copy the EAC generated log file to the directories created, before the first track.

there was a BAT to do it, i was planing on adapting, but didn't have time. I will take a look also.

Reply #34

my pleasure

Problems is that as soon as you type some of them, EAC detects them. I would take a which ones can be used.

EAC has a various artist naming scheme, and when you fetch VAs from freedb, the Various Artists checkbox is checked. The Artist comes back as whatever the author of the freedb entry designates, usually "Various". I'm thinking there is a way to pass that checkbox as a variable, but I don't know.

Cool!

would take a look.

Thanks!

Thanks again!

there was a BAT to do it, i was planing on adapting, but didn't have time. I will take a look also.

Thank you for everything.

Reply #35

First: EAC can only create an m3u playlist for the first encoded file. Because it doesn't know about the second.

If you want a playlist to be created in the mp3 target folder then you have to let EAC handle the renaming of the final mp3.

In mareo.ini you have to set RENAME = FALSE for the first encoded file (mp3) and DeleteWavFile = FALSE in ini header.

In EAC check "delete wav file" and fill in .mp3 for file extension (correct file extension of first encoded file).

Mareo should then use EACs mp3 target folder for all the temporary files and left the final renaming of the mp3 to EAC. EAC always creates the m3u playlist in the mp3 target folder.

You won't have a playlist for your FLACs, though.

Please don't blame me if it doesn't work at once. It has been a while since i made my mareo setup. Perhaps i forgot a necessary setting...

Reply #36
Hi kwanbis,

Thanks very much for your work.
I use mareo since several years without problem, until I switched to mareo 5 and eac-0.99pb3 few month ago.

I remarked that mareo do not received correct filename because eac never write temporary file like 0tmp!)!3!.wav on my HD.

I switched back to my previous eac version, same problem.

I went back to eac-0.99pb3 and install mareo 6, still no ripping.

I don't know what to do.
judstr got same problem: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=58957

Here bellow mareo log file, mareo.ini file and EAC extraction logfile.

* MAREO - Multiple Applications Runner for EAC and Others *
* Copyright 2003-2007 by Kwanbis -- Under the GPL License *
* Version 6.0b2 - Home Page at http://www.webearce.com.ar *
* Developed with Borland Delphi http://borland.com/delphi *

*** Received Command Line ***

"C:\Program Files\mareo\mareo.exe" mareo_jk.ini "D:\Mes documents\Ma musique\wma\Hey Hey My My\Hey Hey My My\0tmp)!3!).wav" "D:\Mes documents\Ma musique\wma\Hey Hey My My\Hey Hey My My\0tmp)!3!).mareo" "Hey Hey My My" "Hey Hey My My " "Don'T Sell Me Now" "06" "2007" "Pop-Folk"

*** Parsed Parameters ***

INIFILE      (%1) = C:\Program Files\mareo\mareo_jk.ini
[SOURCE]      (%2) = D:\Mes documents\Ma musique\wma\Hey Hey My My\Hey Hey My My\0tmp)!3!).wav
[DESTTMP]    (%3) = D:\Mes documents\Ma musique\wma\Hey Hey My My\Hey Hey My My\0tmp)!3!).mareo
[ARTIST]      (%4) = Hey Hey My My
[ALBUM]      (%5) = Hey Hey My My
[TITLE]      (%6) = Don'T Sell Me Now
[TRACK]      (%7) = 6
[YEAR]        (%8) = 2007
[GENRE]      (%9) = Pop-Folk

*** INI Parameters ***

Padding Zeros      = 2
DeleteWavFile      = FALSE
CorrectionChar    =

*** mareoLAST.INI ***

[LASTTRACK]          = 12

UNRECOGNIZED ACTION LINE: CorrectionChar = _

*** Encoder Orders Ends ***

DeleteWaveFile is FALSE.

*** DONE ***

NO errors ocurred.

; eac MAREO.EXE COMMAND LINE / mareo_jk.ini %s %d "%a" "%g" "%t" "%n" "%y" "%m"
; %x to pass : TOTALTRACKS to mareo
; Instead of defining: EXECUTEIF = LASTTRACK define EXECUTEIF = [1] = [TRACK]

; ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; NUMBER OF ZEROS TO PAD THE TRACK NUMBER (0 to disable)
; ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PaddingZeros = 2

; IS MAREO REQUIRED TO LOG TO THE SCREEN?
LogToScreen = TRUE

; IS MAREO REQUIRED TO LOG TO A TXT/LOG FILE? If TRUE, mareo crash !!!
;LogToFile = TRUE

; IS MAREO REQUIRED TO DELETE THE WAV FILE AFTER ENCODING (TRUE) OR THE CD RIPPER DOES (FALSE)?
DeleteWavFile = FALSE

; What char would be used to replace forbiden chars?
CorrectionChar = _

; ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; OGG VORBIS: excelent and patent free encoder: http://www.vorbis.com/
;                   RECOMMENDED VERSION: AoTuV 4.51b: http://www.geocities.jp/aoyoume/aotuv/
; ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EXECUTEIF = TRUE
; EXECUTEIF = [1] = [TRACK]
FINALPATH = [PERSONAL]\Ma musique\ogg\[ARTIST]\[ALBUM]\
FINALNAME = [TRACKPADDED] - [TITLE]
; VAFINALPATH = [PERSONAL]\Music\VA - [ALBUM]\
; VAFINALNAME = [TRACKPADDED]. [TITLE] ([ARTIST])
;CUEFINALPATH = [PERSONAL]\Ma musique\[ARTIST]\
;CUEFINALNAME = [ARTIST] - [YEAR] - [ALBUM];
EXTENSION = ogg
ENCODEREXE = C:\Program Files\ogg\oggenc.exe
PARAMETERS = -q 4.25 "[SOURCE]" -o "[DESTTMP]" -a "[ARTIST]" -l "[ALBUM]" -t "[TITLE]" -N "[TRACK]" -d "[YEAR]" -G "[GENRE]"
RENAME = TRUE

; FLAC: most supported lossless encoder: http://flac.sourceforge.net/
EXECUTEIF = TRUE
; EXECUTEIF = [1] = [TRACK]
FINALPATH = [PERSONAL]\Ma musique\flac\[ARTIST]\[ALBUM]\
FINALNAME = [TRACKPADDED] - [TITLE]
;VAFINALPATH = [PERSONAL]\Ma musique\flac\[ARTIST]\[ALBUM]\
;VAFINALNAME = [ARTIST] - [ALBUM] - [TRACKPADDED] - [TITLE]
;CUEFINALPATH = [PERSONAL]\Ma musique\[ARTIST]\
;CUEFINALNAME = [ARTIST] - [YEAR] - [ALBUM]
EXTENSION = flac
ENCODEREXE = C:\Program Files\FLAC\flac.exe
PARAMETERS = -8 -V "[SOURCE]" -o "[DESTTMP]" -T artist="[ARTIST]" -T album="[ALBUM]" -T title="[TITLE]" -T

tracknumber="[TRACKPADDED]" -T date="[YEAR]" -T genre="[GENRE]"
;--replay-gain
RENAME = TRUE

Exact Audio Copy V0.99 prebeta 3 from 28. July 2007

EAC extraction logfile from 8. January 2008, 23:39

Hey Hey My My / Hey Hey My My

Used drive  : LITE-ON DVDRW LDW-811S  Adapter: 0  ID: 0

Read mode              : Secure
Utilize accurate stream : Yes
Defeat audio cache      : Yes
Make use of C2 pointers : Yes

Combined read/write offset correction      : 0
Overread into Lead-In and Lead-Out          : No
Fill up missing offset samples with silence : Yes
Delete leading and trailing silent blocks  : No
Null samples used in CRC calculations      : No
Used interface                              : Native Win32 interface for Win NT & 2000
Gap handling                                : Not detected, thus appended to previous track

Used output format              : User Defined Encoder
Selected bitrate                : 768 kBit/s
Quality                        : High
Add ID3 tag                    : No
Command line compressor        : C:\Program Files\mareo\mareo.exe
Additional command line options : mareo_jk.ini %s %d "%a" "%g" "%t" "%n" "%y" "%m"

TOC of the extracted CD

Track |  Start  |  Length  | Start sector | End sector
    ---------------------------------------------------------
        1  |  0:00.00 |  3:26.30 |        0    |    15479 
        2  |  3:26.30 |  2:47.25 |    15480    |    28029 
        3  |  6:13.55 |  3:53.14 |    28030    |    45518 
        4  | 10:06.69 |  3:52.21 |    45519    |    62939 
        5  | 13:59.15 |  2:59.57 |    62940    |    76421 
        6  | 16:58.72 |  2:39.06 |    76422    |    88352 
        7  | 19:38.03 |  3:16.50 |    88353    |  103102 
        8  | 22:54.53 |  4:57.34 |    103103    |  125411 
        9  | 27:52.12 |  3:01.39 |    125412    |  139025 
      10  | 30:53.51 |  3:22.16 |    139026    |  154191 
      11  | 34:15.67 |  3:33.54 |    154192    |  170220 
      12  | 37:49.46 |  2:47.60 |    170221    |  182805 
      13  | 40:37.31 |  3:37.24 |    182806    |  199104 
      14  | 44:14.55 |  3:12.00 |    199105    |  213504 

Track  6

Filename D:\Mes documents\Ma musique\wma\Hey Hey My My\Hey Hey My My\06 - Don'T Sell Me Now.wav

Peak level 100.0 %
    Track quality 99.8 %
    Copy CRC B69E8763
    Copy OK

No errors occurred

End of status report

Thanks very much for your help.

Reply #37

I'm in the middle of ripping about 50 box sets, mostly various artists. In the vast majority of the cases, the freedb artist entry for these is "Various" with the Various Artists checkbox checked. So, I have to go in and uncheck the checkbox and type 'V.A.' each disc, which is laborious.

"Various' should probably be the default, as it will create a separate directory entry for each file if I don't change this every time, for every disc. Or put it in the ini file, so people could change the default.

Thanks,

David

Reply #38
Hi kwanbis,

I use mareo since several years without problem, until I switched to mareo 5 and eac-0.99pb3 few month ago.

I remarked that mareo do not received correct filename because eac never write temporary file like 0tmp!)!3!.wav on my HD.

I don't know what to do.

Looks like you have a old version of the INI file.

Try to use a new INI, and just bring your old commands to the new one. Not as a block, but looking at what is new.

Reply #39
I'm in the middle of ripping about 50 box sets, mostly various artists. In the vast majority of the cases, the freedb artist entry for these is "Various" with the Various Artists checkbox checked. So, I have to go in and uncheck the checkbox and type 'V.A.' each disc, which is laborious.
freedb recommend that you use 'Various' when submitting a "sampler or compilation" in their FAQ.

EAC will check the Various Artists checkbox for any freedb entry that begins with the seven characters "Various": whether the full artist name is "Various", "Various Artists", or "Various Badgers".
I'm on a horse.

Reply #40

"Various' should probably be the default, as it will create a separate directory entry for each file if I don't change this every time, for every disc. Or put it in the ini file, so people could change the default.

Is the only way. As soon as EAC "sees" Various, it uses the VA mode.

Reply #41

First: EAC can only create an m3u playlist for the first encoded file. Because it doesn't know about the second.

If you want a playlist to be created in the mp3 target folder then you have to let EAC handle the renaming of the final mp3.

In mareo.ini you have to set RENAME = FALSE for the first encoded file (mp3) and DeleteWavFile = FALSE in ini header.

In EAC check "delete wav file" and fill in .mp3 for file extension (correct file extension of first encoded file).

Mareo should then use EACs mp3 target folder for all the temporary files and left the final renaming of the mp3 to EAC. EAC always creates the m3u playlist in the mp3 target folder.

You won't have a playlist for your FLACs, though.

Please don't blame me if it doesn't work at once. It has been a while since i made my mareo setup. Perhaps i forgot a necessary setting...

Hmmmm... how would this work? I've been using the mareo rename quite heavily.

final directory structure:

music
    lossless
        cd directories....
    mp3
        cd directories...

Can EAC do this? Let me try it once...

I'm not entirely certain I need playlists, actually. My Sansa can't handle them, and I'm using SlimServer and a Squeezebox for home use. The Squeezebox is new and I need to investigate whether they are useful in that environment. I typically use them with Winamp, but I'm using it less and less, as i get portable and wireless.

Is the only way. As soon as EAC "sees" Various, it uses the VA mode.

Sorry, I guess I don't get it. What is wrong with that? What does that do to Mareo?

This is supposed to be a separate reply, but this BB software combines my last two posts into one.

Reply #42
Sorry, I guess I don't get it. What is wrong with that? What does that do to Mareo?

in Various-mode, EAC sends MAREO the song artist, not the CD artist (which should be VA). So MAREO does not knows it is processing a VA CD.

The way it works today, is that EAC in V.A.-mode, sends MAREO V.A. as artist, and then "title / artist". MAREO then splits the title / artist, as it knows it is a various CD.

Reply #43
I handle it this way (MAREOv5!):
For "normal" cds i made the usual MAREO setup.

For VA CDs i created an alternative EAC profile (you can switch between different profiles in EACs status bar).
It is a copy of the normal setup with these changes:
  • in the command line of EACs compression settings i point MAREO to sampler.ini instead of mareo.ini (see last point)
  • at the end of this command line there is an additional parameter where i fill in the desired album artist (manually): "OST" for Soundtracks, "Sampler", etc. If It is a tribute CD i use the name of the tributed artist.
  • under EAC Options -> Filename -> various artist naming scheme i also fill in this album artist where in my original EAC profile the artist was used (because i let EAC handle the renaming of the first encoded file). This way Soundtracks are stored in a folder called OST and tribute CDs are stored in the tributed artists folder.
  • the sampler.ini has the following changes:
    where it is possible i add an Album Artist tag field created out of the additional parameter (e.g. [1])
    under Final Path i use [1] where in my normal mareo.ini [Artist] was used.
I find it really annoying that you can't edit the artist-field in EAC (at least not in EAC v0.95 beta 3: it is greyed out and filled with "various"). But the described way works pretty well for me.

According to my last mareo.log (accidentally a VA-CD) EACs %a-parameter sends the track artist and not the CD artist (wich would have been "various"). So EAC splits the track artist and the track title and doesn't send "various" anywhere. Or is the log created after MAREO has splited the track title in artist and title? Then the received command line is missleading!

Reply #44

Hi kwanbis,

I don't know what to do.

Looks like you have a old version of the INI file.

Try to use a new INI, and just bring your old commands to the new one. Not as a block, but looking at what is new.

Thanks a lot Kwanbis.
I imported new ini.
Now EAC works just fine.

Thanks again for your job.

Reply #46
Thanks for all the great work with Mareo. I am running into a problem with my existing .ini files. I set DeleteWavFile = TRUE but the log file is reporting that it is set to FALSE even though I have commented out (;) that line and added a DeleteWavFile = TRUE line. Mareo reports that the TRUE line is unrecognized, and as a result, does not process any of my stuff. Any suggestions? Thanks

Reply #47
Thanks for all the great work with Mareo. I am running into a problem with my existing .ini files. I set DeleteWavFile = TRUE but the log file is reporting that it is set to FALSE even though I have commented out ( that line and added a DeleteWavFile = TRUE line. Mareo reports that the TRUE line is unrecognized, and as a result, does not process any of my stuff. Any suggestions? Thanks

post your ini please.

Reply #48
Hi kwanbis: There seems to be no download-link on www.webearce.com.ar for version 6...

Would you be so nice and provide a working link for MAREO 5 as well? I still plan to write a german documentation for MAREO. But as i didn't change to v6 yet i'd like to start with a simple how-to for v5.

Reply #49
Hi kwanbis: There seems to be no download-link on www.webearce.com.ar for version 6...

Would you be so nice and provide a working link for MAREO 5 as well? I still plan to write a german documentation for MAREO. But as i didn't change to v6 yet i'd like to start with a simple how-to for v5.

I seem to be having the same problem attempting to download a new version of Mareo.  For some reason, I am unable to get it from http://www.webearce.com.ar/mareo.rar or by going to the website directly.  Can anyone help me download it?

Thanks!

Tim