Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_title, new version for 0.9 (Read 282996 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_title, new version for 0.9

Reply #301
No, foo_title does not do that. But AFAIK there was some other plugin, keep searching.

Reply #302
hi guys,

first thanks for the very nice plugin foo-title

i have  a little question or maybe an problem:
is there any option to show the MINE cover art of an mp3 which is saved in the tag in foo-title ?
aktually foo-title only show the albumcover which is saved in an extra file in the folder :
maybe u can add this in one of the next versions of foobar ?

mfg Wo|ff

Reply #303
I like to keep foo_title and at least one copy of Google Chrome running on the same monitor.  Before I started using Chrome, this worked well since foo_title fits in the titlebar, but Google, in their infinite wisdom, decided to eschew the established meaning of a titlebar.  This isn't completely foo_title or even fb2k related, but I find it useful in this context.  I found a nice little program that creates an area of the screen that maximized windows will not use: http://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mous...oral/index.html.  Maybe someone else will find it useful too.

Matt

Reply #305
Hello

Is this possible to add a button to restore minimized foobar (or maybe enable restoring dialog by double-clicking foo_title bar)?

Is this possible to have some text displayed when playback is stopped? $if(%isplayed% seem not to work, and all text disappears when playback is stopped (even fixed characters, like 'Artist:')

I'd also welcome changing volume with mouse wheel when pointer is over foo_title window.

Adding volume/position sliders capability would be great. Also ability to have downImg displayed continuously when a function is active (like pause or playback).
Incorporating some visualisations (like Spectrum Analyzer) would be fun as well.

All in all, nice plugin

Reply #306
I use a button with "Activate or hide" as action.
It's not possible to display a text when the song is stopped. The rest of the stuff is also not currently possible and probably won't be implemented (at least not by me).

Reply #307
Hi, i have skin project - but don't know how do it, any help welcome

vector .AI file

Reply #308
Can someone help me with this, please? I'm trying to rate the currently playing song via foo_title and Masstagger. The Masstagger scripts simply do
Code: [Select]
Set "RATING"= "X"

And of course X is the rating I want between 1 to 5.
Here's the code for the rating button in skin.xml:

<layer name="Rate X" type="button">
    <geometry type="absolute">
     <size x="10" y="10" />
    <position x="66" y="48" align="left" />
    </geometry>
    <contents>
    <action type="contextmenu" context="nowplaying">
                       Tagging/Scripts/Rating X
    </action>

Clicking this button makes foo_title complain that "object reference is not set to an instance of an object" so I'm pretty sure I'm using the context attribute correctly. Unfortunately I could not find any more documentation or examples regarding this attribute outside of the foo_title homepage. How do I use it?

Or alternatively, if there's another way to rate songs (by writing tags) with another component, please show me!

Reply #309
Use
Tagging/Scripts/Scripts/Rating X

that works for me. Dynamic menu items are tricky.

EDIT: I use rating from playback statistics component in the milkplate skin.

Reply #310
Yes that does work - thank you.

Reply #311
Hello

I have created simple, low-key skin mimicking Apollo player mini-bar.
All buttons with over/down states, gnome-style. The ones not-obvious are displaying equalizer and maximizing foobar window.

Image;

Skin is here.

Reply #313
I made a new foo_title skin, which can be found here.

Reply #314
Ouch... This great plugin doesn't work with Foobar 1.1.x... Could you please fix it? Many thanks in advance, you've done a great job.

Reply #315
It's now fixed in the quick-fix version 0.8.1 available at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/foo-title/....1.zip/download

It now only reads skins from the user's data directory, so you may need to move them there. The directory for standard foobar2000 installation is
C:\Documents and settings\<your username>\Application data\foobar2000\foo_title

for portable foobar2000 installations it remains
<your foobar2000 installation dir>\foo_title

As for installation, you need to have both .dlls in the same directory, be it foobar2000\components or using the new installation scheme.

Reply #316
I can't install it, because the component's name doesn't begin by "foo_". When I try to rename it, Foobar says that it is not a valuable component. And replace it manually without changing its name doesn't do anything: the component is not seen by Foobar...

Reply #317
You need both files.

dotnet_title.dll
foo_managedWrapper.dll
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

Reply #319
Place them in the components-folder would be a good start.
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

Reply #320
Alright, I got it!
Install foo_managedWrapper.dll via Foobar. Then place dotnet_title.dll in the same folder: %appdata%\foobar2000\user-components\foo_managedWrapper.
The Foo_title skins must be in %appdata%\foobar2000\foo_title.

Reply #322
Actually, this same problem was introduced in the beta, and I fixed it by simply copying the foo_managedwrapper.dll back to the original location, as the installer recognises it as a foobar dll and moves it, breaking the program.

Reply #323
hello quiark, curious component behaviour.
i run foobar 1.1 on vista, portable installation.
Installed the above quick fix version. It works, but in some cases, the buttons in the skin will not work. Its an old skin I have been using with no issue for years.
The following error message window shows up when i press a button in the skin (like next, previous, stop, close). Note that play/pause button still works. 

Reply #324
Weird. But possible  Isn't it caused by some interference with other installed components? Can you try it on a clean foobar installation? Does this error appear every single time you click a button?