Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Help with configuring LTR 48246S in EAC (Read 3750 times) previous topic - next topic

Help with configuring LTR 48246S in EAC

I didn't find it in any database... Could somebody tell me the correct options for EAC? Esp. as for "Extraction method options"... I don't have a CD with C2 errors to test it...

Reply #1
i have a lite on 48246S

the settings i use are secure mode with following drive features
1) drive has accurate stream feature
2)drive caches audio data
3)drive is capable of retrieving c2 errors

Reply #2
Me too. AFAIK the C2 error correction capability of this drive is very good, so it can actually be used. Using C2 speeds up ripping from ~4X to about 10-12X.

Offset: +6

Gap detection metod: A / Secure

Edit:

Oh, and you might want to use the wnaspi32.dll from Nero. Using ForceASPI or Adaptec's more recent ASPI's will cause a LOT of problems with this drive and EAC.

Reply #3
niktheblak
How to get the information, of what ASPI is used? In EAC options only one option is possible: Native Interface (WinXP). Although I have just installed Nero. Nero says that no ASPI is installed but Nero one.

Reply #4
How to get the information, of what ASPI is used?

I think EAC will search for a file WNASPI32.DLL from the system path and it's root directory. This file can be found at Nero's directory, e.g. C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero. Copy this file to EAC's directory and the "Installed External ASPI Interface" option appears.

Reply #5
How to get the information, of what ASPI is used?

I think EAC will search for a file WNASPI32.DLL from the system path and it's root directory. This file can be found at Nero's directory, e.g. C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero. Copy this file to EAC's directory and the "Installed External ASPI Interface" option appears.

Thanks! It worked!

Reply #6
Are you sure, that "drive is capable of C2 error retrieval" should be set to "yes"? Isn't it risky?

Reply #7
Men!
Don't let LTR 48246S correct C2 errors!!!
F*ck, fu*k, fuc*!!!
It tears f*cking parts of the f*cking tracks!
The C2 error correction is "extremely good" so it's better to uncheck it before it's too late!!!

Reply #8
No drive in the world has totally accurate C2 error correction, so relying on C2 is always slightly risky. If you want to be totally sure about the accuracy of your rips, disable C2 error correction.

I personally use C2 with my Liteon LTR-48246S (because of the speed increase) and haven't had any problems yet. C2 might fail occasionally, but there has never been audible glitches in my rips.

Here is some additional discussion about Liteon LTR-48246S/52246S:

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....f=20&t=9663&hl=

The C2 error correction capabilities of this drive should be pretty good. What are the exact conditions of your problem? How often does the drive fail? Do you use the newest firmware? It might be possible that you have a malfunctioning unit.

Reply #9
niktheblak
What are the exact conditions of your problem?

The extracted track ends severall minutes earlier it should be. I.e. it is torn.

How often does the drive fail?

Quite often. ~50%

Do you use the newest firmware?

I suppose, yes. SS0E

It might be possible that you have a malfunctioning unit

It is possible.

I doubt the drive really has "Accurate stream" feature... Maybe it also should be unchecked... Maybe the jitter correction is also needed...

Reply #10
The extracted track ends severall minutes earlier it should be. I.e. it is torn.

That definitely isn't normal. There must be a huge hardware/software problem somewhere on your system.

Does this happen with both "Installed external ASPI interface" and "Native Win32 interface" options with EAC? Does it happen with other ripping software, such as CDex?

Reply #11
I didn't try something except of Nero ASPI interface, as, I was said it's much better.
I supppose it happens only in EAC Secure mode. Yes, something is out of order with the drive...