Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Creating 4CH/Quadrophonic audio... (Read 14051 times) previous topic - next topic

Creating 4CH/Quadrophonic audio...

Reply #25
Prologic 2s ability to decode SQ vinyl is limited.  I believe it has better results on QS recordings.  SQ is decodable in software though.

To be honest making a 4 channel CD sounds a bit pointless as there is almost nothing that it will play back on.  I'd suggest either matrix encoding it,  or making a DTS Audio CD.  DTS Audio CDs being playable in configurations up to 5.1 through software or through a CD player digitally connected to a DTS processor (like a cinema surround amp).

Creating 4CH/Quadrophonic audio...

Reply #26
It is possible to burn four-channel audio on a CD; you just need to:
1) Convert your track to RAW (16bit, 22050 Hz, four-channel, signed, little-endian)
2) Create a cuesheet that describes how to burn your file, specify file type as "BINARY", not "WAVE" as usually. Also specify "FLAGS 4CH" for the audio track.
Code: [Select]
FILE "TEST.BIN" BINARY
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
  FLAGS 4CH
    INDEX 01 00:00:00

3) Burn the cuesheet with program that supports "FLAGS 4CH" flag, CDRwin does support, Nero doesn't (it ignores it).

Besides, I have found one 4ch track (only one track on a CD!) in my CD collection. It is on Craig Chaquico's "Shadow and Light". The last track ("Café Carnival") sounded like improperly upsampled 22050 (this is obvious to me), but it didn't have "FLAGS 4CH". So I extracted it as binary (raw PCM), converted to quadraphonic WAVE file and splitted into four mono tracks. Comparison showed that all the tracks were different!

Good luck!

Edit: added a cuesheet sample.