Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Enqueue missing for mp3 in Windows right click  (Read 1739 times) previous topic - next topic

Enqueue missing for mp3 in Windows right click

Not sure if it is related to todays or recent Windows 10 update, but today, i no longer have the option to enqueue on mp3 files when i right click in Windows file explorer. Works fine for FLAC files.

Re: Enqueue missing for mp3 in Windows right click

Reply #1
Sorry, i forgot to add that i am using version 1.3.17

Reply #2
Have worked out that I can enqueue by right clicking on the folder, but that enqueues all the music files in that folder. It doesn't work if i want to select individual mp3's and enqueue. I don't want to make playlists as my listening habits change  daily.
As I am on 64 bit Windows 10, also wondering if it is due to foobar2000 being 32 bit program. I used to have similar issue with Photoshop where i had 32 bit installed and did nt have the "open with Photoshop" in context menu, but when i changed to 64 bit version, the "open with Photoshop" was there.

Reply #3
The shell extension responsible for showing the options is 64-bit. Otherwise it would not work at all.

If I recall correctly, the menu options used to work as long as the folder type wasn't set to Music (configurable in the properties dialog of directories). But I can confirm that some file types like WAV and MP3 at least don't show the enqueue setting even when folder type is generic.

A known workaround for stopping Windows from hiding the foobar2000's entries is to uninstall WMP from the system. That's unfortunately the best solution for the moment.

Reply #4
The shell extension responsible for showing the options is 64-bit. Otherwise it would not work at all.

If I recall correctly, the menu options used to work as long as the folder type wasn't set to Music (configurable in the properties dialog of directories). But I can confirm that some file types like WAV and MP3 at least don't show the enqueue setting even when folder type is generic.

A known workaround for stopping Windows from hiding the foobar2000's entries is to uninstall WMP from the system. That's unfortunately the best solution for the moment.

I tried the folder options changes and it did not make any difference. I might try uninstalling WMP as I don't ever use it. Thanks for your reply.

Reply #5
I removed WMP and all is working with enqueue now.

Reply #6
Microsoft has the habit to change the default programs (e.g. for mp3 in this case) sometimes after certain updates. Just change it back to foobar2000 in Settings-> Apps.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.